Worship

Worship

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
10 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by rwingett
Oh, yes, those bloody Muslims! It's nice having someone who makes Christians look like moderates, isn't it? 😴

Needless to say, I do not agree with your assessment of the bible.
Christ said something similar to what I am saying in that he said people think they have eternal life from the written word itself. Of course, Christ said that they should be seeking the Word, who is Christ, rather than just reading about him.

w

Moves
10 Aug 09

Oh, yes, those bloody Muslims! It's nice having someone who makes Christians look like moderates, isn't it? 😴

Needless to say, I do not agree with your assessment of the bible.
I am not merely trying to pick on Muslims, rather, I am making a point. There is a tendency to make the written word an idol over God.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
10 Aug 09

Originally posted by whodey
Christ said something similar to what I am saying in that he said people think they have eternal life from the written word itself. Of course, Christ said that they should be seeking the Word, who is Christ, rather than just reading about him.
Don't you think it's ironic that you're reading this out of a bible?

w

Moves
10 Aug 09

Don't you think it's ironic that you're reading this out of a bible?
My beliefs are not entirely based upon what the Bible says. I have had other experiences that back up such beliefs. I suppose if I did not pursue a relationship with God and the written word was all I had, then it would be an idol.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
10 Aug 09

My beliefs are not entirely based upon what the Bible says. I have had other experiences that back up such beliefs. I suppose if I did not pursue a relationship with God and the written word was all I had, then it would be an idol.
I can take no more. I'm off to bed. Adios, whodey.

jb

Moves
11 Aug 09

I have not had experiences that many others have had that brings about confirmation of God or the bible. There are many that have testimonials and share them with others. Of course I tend to be pretty dense and things have happened but I was oblivious to them.