Worship and doubt

Worship and doubt

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
It must be our religious bias that when we see a Muslims bowing down toward Mecca and touching their heads to the ground that they are worshipping. Perhaps they are only doing some type of exercise. Give me a break.
no, no breaks for the wicked, if you will not fess up, i will make you fess up!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Feb 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
but its not possible to worship Jesus and doubt that its Jesus at the same time, is it.
Of course it is. Many people go along with the crowd all the time to fit in.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 14

Of course it is. Many people go along with the crowd all the time to fit in.
so you are saying that the disciples were faking worshipping Jesus, wow. Why would they do that Hinds?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Feb 14

Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Matthew 28:16-17

NIV version

can anyone tell us how it is possible to worship someone and doubt them at the same time for it appears to me to make no sense.
It appears you are spiritually defunct.

What makes you think those who worshiped and those who doubted are of the same group of people?

rc

Moves
04 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
It appears you are spiritually defunct.

What makes you think those who worshiped and those who doubted are of the same group of people?
It appears you cannot read

well duh, it says the 11 disciples,

Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.

wow in the EPIC FAIL competition you gonna be the winner.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Feb 14
1 edit

so you are saying that the disciples were faking worshipping Jesus, wow. Why would they do that Hinds?
No, I did not say there was any faking going on. Why can't a couple have a doubt and still perform the act of worship like the others. There is nothing in the scriptures about any fake worshipping. There was real worshipping, but some doubted.

No it is not what is wriiten in scripture that matters to you. The only thing that matters to you is the changing and twisting of scripture to agree with the Watchtower doctrines. It is for that purpose only that the Watchtower made their own translation and keep making new editions to change what they have missed changing in previous editions.

Jehovah's Witnesses worshipped Jesus until 1954

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/worship-jesus.php

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Feb 14

It appears you cannot read

well duh, it says the 11 disciples,

Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.

wow in the EPIC FAIL competition you gonna be the winner.
That's what I get for a knee jerk reaction. 😵

Nevertheless it's not that much of a stretch of the imagination that some doubted. After all, worship is only skin deep. True faith goes to the heart.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 14
3 edits

No, I did not say there was any faking going on. Why can't a couple have a doubt and still perform the act of worship like the others. There is nothing in the scriptures about any fake worshipping. There was real worshipping, but some doubted.

No it is not what is wriiten in scripture that matters to you. The only thing that matters to you is the changi ...[text shortened]... 's Witnesses worshipped Jesus until 1954

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/worship-jesus.php
You really are incapable of rational thought, the text dos not mention anything about the watchtower bible and tract society.

Why were the disciples of Jesus faking their worship Hinds? clearly they must have been faking it, for they doubted that it was even Jesus that they were worshipping, according to your testimony.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 14

Originally posted by josephw
That's what I get for a knee jerk reaction. 😵

Nevertheless it's not that much of a stretch of the imagination that some doubted. After all, worship is only skin deep. True faith goes to the heart.
so you are saying that the disciples of Christ were faking it? Wow

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Feb 14

You really are incapable of rational thought, the text dos not mention anything about the watchtower bible and tract society.

Why were the disciples of Jesus faking their worship Hinds? clearly they must have been faking it, for they doubted that it was even Jesus that they were worshipping, according to your testimony.
That was not me. I believe the doubt by some was that Jesus was God.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
04 Feb 14

Your macdonalds example was ludicrous, what you are infact saying is the disciples worshipped Jesus and doubted that it was Jesus at the same time, heloooo, is there aybody in there? which as we have come to appreciate is nonsense.
You know, there was actually a time when I thought that you made some good points in some of your posts.

But now I know for sure that you absolutely refuse to look at any other viewpoint except the one that you are pushing. Freaky!

For the record: NO, I am NOT saying that Person A worshiped and doubted at the same time.

Do you accept that I am not saying that? Please respond!

What I AM saying, is that in the group of eleven, there were some (A,B,C, D..etc) who had NO DOUBT IN THEIR MIND, and WORSHIPED.

Then there were some (let's call them X, Y and Z) who were part of the same group, who may have gone through the motions externally, but they had serious doubts in their mind.

The narrative is consistent with this interpretation.

Why do you insist that it is THE SAME people who worship, and doubt at the same time?

Why do you persist in making a ludicrous claim, as if I was saying something else?

Do you actually understand plain English?

rc

Moves
04 Feb 14

That was not me. I believe the doubt by some was that Jesus was God.
thats hilarious, Hinds calling Orson, come in Orson nanoo nanoo

w

Moves
04 Feb 14
3 edits

they were not ordering cokes or big macs they were apparently worshipping Jesus although some were apparently faking it, which was it? and i don't hold that there is any contradiction, simply bad and inaccurate translation.
No contradictions? Is it your positions that everything God does the Watchtower is able to logically break down and explain things on a human level? Could the Watchtower explain to Abraham why a God of love wanted him to take Isaac up to the mountain to sacrifice him?

From my vantage point, faith is necessary to relate to a God who, at times, seems not to be logical and contradictory. However, from a JW viewpoint it seems that we are fully able to understand what God does and has done. I'm not just picking on JW's here, I have known a lot of Christians this way as well.

If I could understand God and all that he is and does, I would be equal to him, but nothing could be farther from the truth. That does not mean that God is unknowable. It only means that there is and always will be an element of mystery to him. There will always be question marks as to why the two ends don't ever seem to quite meet. That is why faith is a prerequisite to relationship with him, and always will be.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by CalJust
You know, there was actually a time when I thought that you made some good points in some of your posts.

But now I know for sure that you absolutely refuse to look at any other viewpoint except the one that you are pushing. Freaky!

For the record: [b]NO, I am NOT saying that Person A worshiped and doubted at the same time.

Do you accept that I ...[text shortened]... ludicrous claim, as if I was saying something else?

Do you actually understand plain English?[/b]
The eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had ordered them. When they saw him, they worshiped, but they doubted - Matthew 28:16,17 New American Bible

The New American Bible gives an accurate translation of the number or percentage that doubted and apparently it was all of them for there is nothing in the original text to suggest that some doubted and some did not which leaves your argument rather floundering and so you have a rather lot of explaining to do, indeed

why all the disciples were in an act of worship and why they were all doubting, which makes absolutely no sense for you cannot be in a mental state of reverence and doubt at the same time, what absolute nonsense.

your personal insults and inability to conduct yourself with a modicum of decorum befitting a Christian will be ignored, this time.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
No contradictions? Is it your positions that everything God does the Watchtower is able to logically break down and explain things on a human level? Could the Watchtower explain to Abraham why a God of love wanted him to take Isaac up to the mountain to sacrifice him?

From my vantage point, faith is necessary to relate to a God who, at times, seems not t ...[text shortened]... o quite meet. That is why faith is a prerequisite to relationship with him, and always will be.
this is a discussion about a Biblical text, if you wish to proffer an opinion on the rendering of that text then please do so, your inability to address the matter at hand is rather reminiscent of your fellow Christians inability to form coherent and rational arguments, this has nothing to do with Jehovahs witnesses and the need to resort to introducing irrelevant entities like Jehovahs witnesses is a reflection of the weakness of your arguments.

The fact of the matter is this, its simply not possible to be engaged in a mental act of reverence and to harbour doubt at the same time. Its a nonsense.

The translation is inaccurate because it produces a contradiction, and i have already given more accurate translations which do not produce contradiction. What prevents people from accepting these facts is religious bias, if they fess up ill honour their honesty.