1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 22:371 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Read it for yourself it will not be pleasant. There is an end data coming.
    phew, what a jib ("read it yourself" )
    I'd rather what you think.
    Remember human ingenuity has gotten us out of our previous conditions time and time again.
    For example if we run out of room on the ground we can start growing food upwards.
    If you repeatedly and consciously choose an apocalyptic future then you really cant complain when your thoughts come to fruition
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 00:52
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    apparently we are using up the planet. Countless documentaries tell me so. Forget climate change. We're going have to eat each other to survive.
    Is god planning a huge cull? Ideas?
    There's plenty of room and resources available from the earth. It's the people on it that is the problem.

The problems man has isn't due to over population. It's the overlords, and the greedy, and the murderers and rapists and liars and thieves etc. etc. etc.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 03:15
    What do you think the max world population should be?

I'm thinking about 14 bil
    A magnitude more, maybe two. Ignore the non-renewable resources for the moment, and also imagine future tech: what would be the energy balance.

Oh wait! You said 'should'. I wonder if any star-faring species did not destroy their planet on the way.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 03:31
    Originally posted by apathist
    A magnitude more, maybe two. Ignore the non-renewable resources for the moment, and also imagine future tech: what would be the energy balance.

Oh wait! You said 'should'. I wonder if any star-faring species did not destroy their planet on the way.
    Those who are concerned about too many people on earth seem to want to see other people dead, especially the very young.

Hypocritical if you ask me for the living to cheer the deaths of others due to over population.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 03:35
    phew, what a jib ("read it yourself" )
    I'd rather what you think.
    Remember human ingenuity has gotten us out of our previous conditions time and time again.
    For example if we run out of room on the ground we can start growing food upwards.
    If you repeatedly and consciously choose an apocalyptic future then you really cant complain when your thoughts come to fruition
    What I think God has an end date in mind that has nothing to do with our food supplies.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 08:24
    apparently we are using up the planet. Countless documentaries tell me so. Forget climate change. We're going have to eat each other to survive.
    Is god planning a huge cull? Ideas?
    You are watching the wrong documentaries. They are flat out wrong.

Firstly, the world population is going to top out at about 11 billion then start to decline.
    Secondly the Earth is more than capable of feeding those 11 billion, so no, we will not need to eat each other.

There are places (West Africa mostly) where population growth is, and will continue to lead to competition for resources. But this is partly because of our nation state model that tries to force people to stay within a specific artificial boundary based on where they were born. Other parts of the world have an excess of unused resources.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    Man does a pretty good job as well

My guess is they will be a tag team
    We are par of the workings of Mother Nature.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 16:37
    Originally posted by JS357
    We are par of the workings of Mother Nature.
    Part of, not par of.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 09:07
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Hypocritical if you ask me for the living to cheer the deaths of others due to over population.
    Who cheered? Our kind is rising above natural selection. What should we do with that power.
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 09:14
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You are watching the wrong documentaries. They are flat out wrong.

Firstly, the world population is going to top out at about 11 billion then start to decline.
    Secondly the Earth is more than capable of feeding those 11 billion, so no, we will not need to eat each other.

There are places (West Africa mostly) where population growth is, and will contin ...[text shortened]... boundary based on where they were born. Other parts of the world have an excess of unused resources.
    So we can rape the world and suck its resources away for a while yet as we overpopulate. Like cancer. And then then our species dies.

Or we wake up first.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 09:27
    So we can rape the world and suck its resources away for a while yet as we overpopulate. Like cancer. And then then our species dies.

Or we wake up first.
    So let me get this straight, you believe it is wrong to use the world's resources , but right to murder unborn babies? Is that correct?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 09:34
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    So let me get this straight, you believe it is wrong to use the world's resources , but right to murder unborn babies? Is that correct?
    On another thread a few hours ago you said "Murder is unlawful by definition". When you refer to the "murder [of] unborn babies" ~ and use the world "murder" in this way ~ are you referring to countries where abortion is "unlawful"?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 10:12

Or we wake up first.
    What 'resources' of the world are we 'sucking away'? It sounds to me like you too have been watching the same, overly dramatic documentaries.

So, if we 'wake up first' what do we do? Kill off half the population? Is that your plan?
    The reality is that many countries are now worrying about under-population and starting to actively encourage people to have more children - admittedly this is typically for xenophobic or racist reasons.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 10:56
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    When we use up non renewable resources as we foul the air and water, that's not a bad thing?

Forcing women to have no control over what grows in their body, that's not a bad thing?
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 11:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What 'resources' of the world are we 'sucking away'? It sounds to me like you too have been watching the same, overly dramatic documentaries.

So, if we 'wake up first' what do we do? Kill off half the population? Is that your plan?
    The reality is that many countries are now worrying about under-population and starting to actively encourage people to have more children - admittedly this is typically for xenophobic or racist reasons.
    Think of earth as a star-ship. We need to manage our resources and our population. We need a long view.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree