Why?

Why?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland

Moves
20 Jun 17

Why does god always get the credit but never the blame? For example, a church burns down after being struck by lightning. Thirty people die but one survives. The survivor credits god for saving him, but no one ever blames god for letting the other 30 people die.

F

Moves
20 Jun 17

Originally posted by 667joe
Why does god always get the credit but never the blame? For example, a church burns down after being struck by lightning. Thirty people die but one survives. The survivor credits god for saving him, but no one ever blames god for letting the other 30 people die.
My answer is:
To praise god is to guarantee oneself into the heaven.
To blame god is to guarantee oneself into the hell.
What would you chose?

T

Moves
20 Jun 17
2 edits

The answer seems obvious.

A lot of people aren't rational. Especially when it comes to protecting incoherent core beliefs.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jun 17

God gives and takes away, He does not get credit for so many of our blessings He gives us. Each breath, our health, jobs, sunshine, sunsets, and all the things we enjoy in the universe. I don't have a problem saying when we do die God's will is being done, or blaming others when they act out side of God's will, causing the death of one who would have lived on.

Moves
20 Jun 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
The answer seems obvious.

A lot of people aren't rational. Especially when it comes to protecting incoherent core beliefs.
Would you like to share some of your 'coherent core beliefs'?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Would you like to share some of your 'coherent core beliefs'?
I believe one of them is that Jesus is not the only person to have ascended in to heaven. (Okay, maybe not coherent, but certainly core).

Moves
20 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I believe one of them is that Jesus is not the only person to have ascended in to heaven. (Okay, maybe not coherent, but certainly core).
Are you reading 'ThinkofOne's' mind, or did you just forget to sign in with your other account?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Jun 17

Are you reading 'ThinkofOne's' mind, or did you just forget to sign in with your other account?
Obviously you haven't been following the other thread. That's all he's talked about for the last 2 days.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jun 17

I thought this thread was going to be the one where you denounce capitalism (based on the title)
🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jun 17

Ahhhh, the clincher for Christians.
Why they would think that gods wisdom only passes through one guy is a never ending mystery to me.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Obviously you haven't been following the other thread. That's all he's talked about for the last 2 days.
The plot thickens.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Jun 17

The plot thickens.
🙄

To keep things nice and simple, you're the only one with multiple accounts.

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
God gives and takes away, He does not get credit for so many of our blessings He gives us. Each breath, our health, jobs, sunshine, sunsets, and all the things we enjoy in the universe. I don't have a problem saying when we do die God's will is being done, or blaming others when they act out side of God's will, causing the death of one who would have lived on.
He gave the arabs their oil, they got super-rich.
Perhaps we're betting on the wrong horse...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FabianFnas
He gave the arabs their oil, they got super-rich.
Perhaps we're betting on the wrong horse...
Perhaps you are.

F

Moves
21 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
Perhaps you are.
Yes. It's when I turn to Islam I will find oil in my back yard.
They did, they bet on the right horse.