1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 16:53
    Originally posted by genius
    i just don't look at the girl in the short skirt, or the girl dancing wearing nothing but a skirt and body paints (true story). it's weird and complicated and rather hard to explain. although stopping masturbating helps. a lot.
    Are you very short-sighted? I imagine that might help.

I shall permit myself a Smile at your penultimate sentence.
  2. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 16:55
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Are you very short-sighted? I imagine that might help.

I shall permit myself a Smile at your penultimate sentence.
    you should try it. it's weird. and it does cut down on your sex drive, although it may just be phycologically that it does it...
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 18:45
    dj2becker and genius-

Ever read the Song of Solomon?
  4. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:041 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    dj2becker and genius-

Ever read the Song of Solomon?
    saucy!

a song of love though, not of adultary. you are allowed to sleep with your wife, you know...
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:14
    Originally posted by howardgee

A person suffering such emotional loss has it hard enough as it is. Why must religion punish them further with the notion of guilt and judgement from on high?
    I've said it before, and here I must bring it up again: not all religions punish people or inflict people with guilt and concepts of judgment by some external force. So which religion are you talking about? Which ideas about guilt? Whose concept of judgment? Are you including non-theistic religions here? My main problem with most of the opening posts in your series is how vague they are.
  6. Joined
    10 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:36
    possibly, possibly, or just relise that there is more to life than sex. i still look at girls, i still think they are cute, hot etc. i just don't look at the girl in the short skirt, or the girl dancing wearing nothing but a skirt and body paints (true story). i also don't think to myself-waw, i'd like to bed that one! it's weird and complicated and rather hard to explain. although stopping masturbating helps. a lot.
    There is a reason the Lord enabled our palms to grasp our shafts....Masturbation is very healthy for your prostate, thats one, the other is the Lord is a loving God and good, besides he knew how fickle he had made women....
  7. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:43
    Originally posted by Algernon
    I've said it before, and here I must bring it up again: not all religions punish people or inflict people with guilt and concepts of judgment by some external force. So which religion are you talking about? Which ideas about guilt? Whose concept of judgment? Are you including non-theistic religions here? My main problem with most of the opening posts in your series is how vague they are.
    Vague indeed. I already asked the question as to what religion he was talking about (as did Halitose). I assume his friend was a Jehovah's Witness. It seems that most people here do not care anyway. They are hateful of all religions to begin with, so what difference does it make WHAT religion/sect/cult we are talking about? Even if a particular religion doesn't advocate making people feel guilty, they don't care. They just throw it all into the same pot. They treat it all the same, and many of them misrepresent what a religion is all about. Even when presented with evidence that contradicts their beliefs, they just keep pushing their own agendas, or switching to a different example that suits their needs. There are RBHILL's on both sides...
  8. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:54
    Originally posted by Starrman
    What? How can stopping masturbating assist with lowering sex drive?

P.S. There's nothing more to life than sex.
    The less you do it, the less you think about it, the less you need to do it. The more you do it, the more you think about it, the more you need to do it. It's nothing more than a habit; breaking habits is never easy. As to whether it's a good habit or a bad habit, that is up to the individual to decide.

P.S. There is MUCH more to life than sex. Surely you don't think that the only meaningful thing in life is sex?
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 20:42
    saucy!

a song of love though, not of adultary. you are allowed to sleep with your wife, you know...
    Quiz question: How many wives and concubines did King Solomon have?
  10. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 10:30
    If i remember correctly, enought for every day of the year. For three years. However, although King Solomon started out as a good, wise king he did not end up that way. Many of his wifes were not Isrealites and infected the Isrealites with their own religions. Yes, he had many wifes. He is also a good example of why excess is bad...
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 10:31
    At the end of his life he said it was all vanity: like chasing after the wind.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 21:511 edit
    If i remember correctly, enought for every day of the year. For three years. However, although King Solomon started out as a good, wise king he did not end up that way. Many of his wifes were not Isrealites and infected the Isrealites with their own religions. Yes, he had many wifes. He is also a good example of why excess is bad...
    Why do you think god allowed certain kings to have 1000 wives, yet condemns people of today's age as adulterers for merely looking and lusting?!
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 21:54
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    At the end of his life he said it was all vanity: like chasing after the wind.

However, although King Solomon started out as a good, wise king he did not end up that way.
    Alright, you two: was he wise before or after shagging all those women? If the latter, then I must get a harem going right away.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 22:21
    Many of his wifes were not Isrealites and infected the Isrealites with their own religions.
    I always suspected religion's a venereal disease...
  15. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 15:34
    Originally posted by Halitose
    While I express my sympathies for your friend, unfortunately her guilt is self-inflicted; please prove that the guilt is inspired by something within the Christian doctine. I hope you will step up this time rather than going on another tirade of unsubstantad hominems.

Thanks in advance...
    Something within the Christian Doctrine that supports it? How about 5000 years of teaching that God is to be feared? The teaching that God is responsible for all and that all things happen for a reason? How about the vile Inquisition or worse, the Spanish Inquisition? How about the teaching of the Roman Catholics that true piety can only be achieved through suffering? What about the teaching in Christianity that only sinners are punished? How about the entire Old Testament supporting that God is vengful and strikes down the wicked?

If you prefer, I can fill you a book of things within the Christian Doctrine that inspire guilt and fear, from the birth of the religion in 3000 B.C. and the followers of Yaweh until the many denominations of today.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree