Why no one jokes about Allah

Why no one jokes about Allah

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
26 Oct 05

Contrary to public perception, there are jokes involving the Moslim profit and his followers.

Here's an example from: http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa1/article/laughter.html

On one occasion An-Nuayman went to the market and saw some food being sold which appeared to be tasty and delightful. He ordered some and sent it to the Prophet, sallallahu alaye wa sallam, as if it were a gift from him. The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, was delighted with the food and he and his family ate of it.
The vendor of the food then came to An-Nuayman to collect the price of it and An-Nuayman said to him, "Go to the Messenger of Allah, it was for him. He and his family ate it."
The vendor then went to the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam). Puzzled, he, (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) asked An-Nuayman, "Didn't you give it to me?"
"Yes!" said an-Nuayman, "I thought you would like it and I wanted you to eat some of it so I had it presented to you. But I do not have any money to pay the merchant for it. So, O Messenger of Allah, you pay him!" The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) had a good laugh and so did his Companions. The laugh was at his expense, literally, for he had to pay the price of the unsolicited gift. An-Nuayman felt that two benefits came out of the incident: the blessed Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, and his family ate food that they enjoyed and the Muslims had a good laugh.

As you can see, also contrary to public perception, the reason nobody jokes about Allah is not the threat of a Fatwah, but they just aren't funny.

Holy sweet Ramadan, that joke sucked!

h

Cosmos

Moves
26 Oct 05
1 edit

What did the midwife say to the proud new Muslim parents?

Congratulations: It's a baby bomb!

a

Meddling with things

Moves
26 Oct 05

Originally posted by shavixmir
Contrary to public perception, there are jokes involving the Moslim profit and his followers.

Here's an example from: http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa1/article/laughter.html

On one occasion An-Nuayman went to the market and saw some food being sold which appeared to be tasty and delightful. He ordered some and sent it to the Prophet, sallallahu a ...[text shortened]... t the threat of a Fatwah, but they just aren't funny.

there are plenty of jokes in islam. Check the mullah nasudrin stories

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
26 Oct 05

On one occasion An-Nuayman went to the market and saw some food being sold which appeared to be tasty and delightful. He ordered some and sent it to the Prophet, sallallahu a ...[text shortened]... t the threat of a Fatwah, but they just aren't funny.

No feigned sanctimoniousness (yeah, I know - a contradiction), I really didn't get it this time...

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
26 Oct 05

Originally posted by Halitose
I really didn't get it this time...
That, obviously, being the point I am making.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
26 Oct 05

That, obviously, being the point I am making.
Yes. It was a not too overt thumbs up from my side...

ZellulÀrer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
26 Oct 05

Yes. It was a not too overt thumbs up from my side...
You had your thumbs in your pockets?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
26 Oct 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
You had your thumbs in your pockets?
Pocket - so you couldn't see if they were crossed or not.

đŸ˜”

W
Angler

River City

Moves
26 Oct 05

The joke is better in Arabic, where the word play becomes evident. I laughed so hard hat I fell out of my chair.

ZellulÀrer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
26 Oct 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
The joke is better in Arabic, where the word play becomes evident. I laughed so hard hat I fell out of my chair.
The ouija demons would have translated it for you.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
26 Oct 05

How else do you think I was able to see the Arabic in that horrid English translation? I've heard that Arabic is the first language of many demons (a Baptist minister from Texas--a true expert on demonic issues--told me this).

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
26 Oct 05
1 edit

Just looking at your avatar - is that your high school photo, Bosse?

ZellulÀrer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
26 Oct 05

Just looking at your avatar - is that your high school photo, Bosse?
Taken sometime in the 30s if I remember correctly.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
26 Oct 05

Was that about the time that you wrote At the Mountains of Madness?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
26 Oct 05

You're still pretty sharp then... As Bill Cosby said: When you become senile, you won't know it.

Good luck... 😉