Why is Mary Crying?

Why is Mary Crying?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
15 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
Through tradition.
That's about as vague as it gets Darfius. Care to expound a bit?

R
Track drifter ®

Hoopnholler, MN

Moves
15 Mar 05

http://www.unmaskingcatholicism.com/Chapter-08.shtml
Constantine was a pagan. Was all his life. He merged the two religions together to save his own neck. Litteraly. He stole the holidays and traditions of the pagans to ease the threat of civil war; to give the populace a sence that thier gods had not been forgotten. Constantine used Christianity to control the populace or die.

RTh

The Apologist

Moves
15 Mar 05

Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
Constantine was a pagan. Was all his life. He merged the two religions together to save his own neck. Litteraly. He stole the holidays and traditions of the pagans to ease the threat of civil war; to give the populace a sence that thier gods had not been forgotten. Constantine used Christianity to control the populace or die.

RTh
Yep, and the popes played right along.

R
Track drifter ®

Hoopnholler, MN

Moves
15 Mar 05

Yep, and the popes played right along.
Why would you post such a bunk link?

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
15 Mar 05

Because the early Catholic popes (who also murdered, stole, raped, had homosexual sex) turned her from a loyal and true follower of the One God to a pagan goddess.
Kind of like Swaggert dicking around with that whore in California right?

Human

Burnsville, NC, USA

Moves
16 Mar 05

No, because God favors patriarchal always. Does it mean He thinks women are the lesser gender? Of course not. It means men and women have different God-given talents.
Why do you say that god favors patriarchal societies always? The Jews or Hebrews if you prefer are a matriarchal society and they are and always have been the chosen people of god.

The Apologist

Moves
16 Mar 05

Originally posted by CliffLandin
Why do you say that god favors patriarchal societies always? The Jews or Hebrews if you prefer are a matriarchal society and they are and always have been the chosen people of god.
How did you come to this conclusion?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
16 Mar 05

How did you come to this conclusion?
I think it says so in the bible.

And Jesus was Jew. Presumably God would send his son as the chosen race, wouldn't he?

He certainly didn't send him as a redneck.

The Apologist

Moves
16 Mar 05

Originally posted by shavixmir
I think it says so in the bible.

And Jesus was Jew. Presumably God would send his son as the chosen race, wouldn't he?

He certainly didn't send him as a redneck.
I meant how are the Jews a matriarchal society? I see no females in the Sanhedrin.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Dec 05

One bump for ya, Ivanhoe; they're plenty more.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
08 Dec 05

I meant how are the Jews a matriarchal society? I see no females in the Sanhedrin.
Jews apparently became a matrilineal society during the Roman occupation. I’m not sure that scholars have any idea exactly what year. The problem, apparently, had to do with the rape of Jewish women by the Romans—impregnate enough women in a patrilineal society and pretty soon you have reduced the number of de jure Jews. Judaism is matrilineal today.

No.1, I know that’s not why you bumped this thread, but I had not seen it before, so…

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
08 Dec 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
One bump for ya, Ivanhoe; they're plenty more.
What are you trying to prove, marauder ? That in fact I should be on your side and approve of your bullying tactics ? Forget it !

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Dec 05

Geez, some of this stuff is so idiotic, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Darfius: No, because God favors patriarchal always.

Amazing.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
08 Dec 05

Originally posted by Ringtailhunter

RTh
You know the word 'Villain ' was the original word for a person who lived in a village, nothing more. The catholic church found people who lived in villages quite hard to convert, since they still wanted to worship the nature, to which they lived so close. Thus the church gave villain a negative connotation - people not to be trusted, likely to kill you or likely to steal from you, until it had its modern meaning.