Why I like our (rhp) JWs

Why I like our (rhp) JWs

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Dec 11

Committed and determined

Faithful to their cause and belief structure

Reliable and trustworthy

Hardworking and conscientious to their cause

Genuine in their faith

Even though I fundamentally disagree with them -I do like them...

Happy Christmas guys (is it ok to say that?)

๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Dec 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Committed and determined

Reliable and trustworthy

Genuine in their faith

๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Well thanks I think. And sure you can say that even though we don't celebrate it. I hope you have a great time with your family during this time............

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Dec 11

Originally posted by galveston75

Well thanks I think. And sure you can say that even though we don't celebrate it. I hope you have a great time with your family during this time............
What significant days do you and your family celebrate during the year?

gb

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Dec 11

Thank you; beloved and I will be having a good time I hope.

There is much vehement disagreement between members in this forum (and rightly so I guess), so I just felt it right to recognise some qualities. There is nothing clandestine in my post Galv.

w

Moves
20 Dec 11
1 edit

I would have to agree. I've yet to meet a JW who I did like. Most seem rather nice......even though you may get a bit bothered by the knock at the door. They are not sending their children out into the streets to blow themslves up, they are not locked away in some compound with guns ablaze etc.

Not bad coming from a forked tongued non-JW, eh Galveston?

w

Moves
20 Dec 11

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

gb
If I may speak for Galv, since this may be his last post ๐Ÿ˜›, I believe that they don't celebrate any days.

Of course, I rather like the Jewish approach myself. Pretty much every month there is a day or two to party.

Moves
20 Dec 11

Committed and determined

Reliable and trustworthy

Genuine in their faith

๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
I had a sister-in-law for a while who became a JW after a fling with 'sinfulness', who was one of the most kindhearted persons I knew. Her two daughters and I played a game we called "monster meeting" when they were little, and the mom never interfered with any JW criticism of the idea. It was a loving family. They went on, not to college and career, but to study, among other things, American Sign Language. Perhaps as an avenue for their witnessing, I don't know; but it was also useful for income. So in my experience, including the infrequent doorknocks, JWs are fine by me. Given their distaste for engagement in secular government, I don't feel threatened.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Dec 11

Thank you; beloved and I will be having a good time I hope.

There is much vehement disagreement between members in this forum (and rightly so I guess), so I just felt it right to recognise some qualities. There is nothing clandestine in my post Galv.
Thank you too. Your a good guy an I appreciate your thoughts.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Dec 11

Originally posted by whodey
If I may speak for Galv, since this may be his last post ๐Ÿ˜›, I believe that they don't celebrate any days.

Of course, I rather like the Jewish approach myself. Pretty much every month there is a day or two to party.
Lol. No it's not my last...yet! But as long as a celibration does not have any pagan or nationalistic flavour to, I'm in especially if there is food.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Dec 11

I would have to agree. I've yet to meet a JW who I did like. Most seem rather nice......even though you may get a bit bothered by the knock at the door. They are not sending their children out into the streets to blow themslves up, they are not locked away in some compound with guns ablaze etc.

Not bad coming from a forked tongued non-JW, eh Galveston?
Not bad at all buddy... ๐Ÿ™‚

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Dec 11

Originally posted by JS357
I had a sister-in-law for a while who became a JW after a fling with 'sinfulness', who was one of the most kindhearted persons I knew. Her two daughters and I played a game we called "monster meeting" when they were little, and the mom never interfered with any JW criticism of the idea. It was a loving family. They went on, not to college and career, but to st ...[text shortened]... by me. Given their distaste for engagement in secular government, I don't feel threatened.
There are a lot of good people on this planet and with our numbers only about 8 million, we are only a small percentage of the good ones that are on this planet.
So even though we never doubt the love the JW's have among ourselves and the agreement we share, we are well aware that the world is full of good people and that God knows and appreciates them too.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Dec 11

You would love living in Jerusalem then, they celebrate all the Jewish, Islam AND christian holidays, you hardly ever have to work๐Ÿ™‚

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Dec 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
...you hardly ever have to work๐Ÿ™‚
A bit like Spain in my recent experience!

Moves
20 Dec 11

"They tried to kill us, we survived, let's eat!"

rc

Moves
20 Dec 11

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

gb
Wedding anniversaries.