Why god designed testicles.

Why god designed testicles.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
04 Dec 14

Originally posted by C Hess
😲

http://youtu.be/4_G9awnDCmg
This is the best thing ever to be brought to this forum...

Moves
04 Dec 14

Originally posted by JS357
If he thinks about how atoms naturally combine to form molecular structures, he'll be more likely to accept the emergence of self-replicating DNA precursors.
You'd think so, wouldn't you? I haven't had much experience with this sonship guy, so maybe you're right about him, but I've tried to explain this process to RJHinds and KellyJay in the past. They always fall back to thinking of evolution as a purely random process. They repeatedly fail to grasp the selection part of the equation. 😞

Cape Town

Moves
04 Dec 14

Originally posted by sonship
Don't remember the details but the bottom line was that there was a good reason for the human eye BEING the way it is.
The reason it is the way it is, is because it evolved that way. Any other explanation you come up with, will immediately fail the test of observing what types of eyes various animals have.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Dec 14

Originally posted by sonship
Don't remember the details but the bottom line was that there was a good reason for the human eye BEING the way it is.
I don't remember why but someone told me that "I don't remember why"
was not a valid proof.

Moves
04 Dec 14

Originally posted by hakima
This is the best thing ever to be brought to this forum...
🙂

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Dec 14
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
The reason it is the way it is, is because it evolved that way. Any other explanation you come up with, will immediately fail the test of observing what types of eyes various animals have.
It was made that way is the simplest explanation and the simplest explanation is the best and most likely the correct explanation according to Occam's razor. 😏

Moves
05 Dec 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
It was made that way is the simplest explanation and the simplest explanation is the best and most likely the correct explanation according to Occam's razor. 😏
I was going to ask who made god, but realised that me doing so, would be the equivalent of you bringing up the topic of abiogenesis. 😕

Incidently, one has only to look at the backwards wiring of the eye, the distance between the eye and the visual cortex, and the blind spot error correction going on in the brain, to tell that the eye came about through a series of incremental fixes, rather than through a purposeful, intelligent design. Evolutionary theory fits the evidence better, so it defeats the "simple" magic you propose.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Dec 14

I was going to ask who made god, but realised that me doing so, would be the equivalent of you bringing up the topic of abiogenesis. 😕

Incidently, one has only to look at the backwards wiring of the eye, the distance between the eye and the visual cortex, and the blind spot error correction going on in the brain, to tell that the eye came about through a ...[text shortened]... ign. Evolutionary theory fits the evidence better, so it defeats the "simple" magic you propose.
It is much too complicated to have randomly evolved. The simplest explanation is that it was designed by a super intelligent designer, i.e. God.

Moves
05 Dec 14

It is much too complicated to have randomly evolved.
I agree. Without natural selection - a decidedly non-random process - the idea of evolutionary theory is absolutely bonkers.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Dec 14

I agree. Without natural selection - a decidedly non-random process - the idea of evolutionary theory is absolutely bonkers.
Now it appears you are making some sense for a change.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Dec 14

Now it appears you are making some sense for a change.
You better check your meds again.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Dec 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
You better check your meds again.
Surely you must agree with Hess that the idea of evolutionary theory is absolutely bonkers. Right? Oh yeah, that is without natural selection, more magical words. Abracadabra.

Moves
06 Dec 14

Surely you must agree with Hess that the idea of evolutionary theory is absolutely bonkers. Right? Oh yeah, that is without natural selection, more magical words. Abracadabra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH850qp85Zk
LOL! Steve Miller Band. The memories!

Natural selection, as you well know by now, is the very opposite of magical incantations.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Dec 14

LOL! Steve Miller Band. The memories!

Natural selection, as you well know by now, is the very opposite of magical incantations.
However, if natural selection is not a random process or magic then it must have at least an algorithim to use in the selecting process.

Moves
06 Dec 14

However, if natural selection is not a random process or magic then it must have at least an algorithim to use in the selecting process.
http://www.counterbalance.org/evotheo/evolu2-frame.html