Why Do You Believe What You Believe?

Why Do You Believe What You Believe?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
09 Jan 17

Originally posted by JakeChess
I see no reason to. I don't need to bow before an imaginary friend to be happy or fulfilled. I do not need dogma or an afterlife to be a good person or a functioning human being.
So you are denying 'design'?
And saying fucck you to the 'designer'.
Then you are an atheist.
You are lost.

Moves
09 Jan 17

Originally posted by chaney3
This goes for all atheists!
Religion may be wrong, the bible may be wrong. But to ignore 'design', immediately tells me I am dealing with a weak mind. Almost stupid to evidence beyond the bible.
Is this the same bible you have been criticising for the last 3 months?

The design argument would be more credible if the world was 'perfect.' (Surely a perfect creator would have created a perfect world?) But is the world perfect? Amazing sure, but perfect?

Think for a moment about earthquakes, about famines, think about the brutality of nature, of disease and tsunamis.

I'll give you one example; a parasite who's sole existence is to burrow into the brain of an ant, the ant concerned rendered into an almost zombie like state. The unfortunate insect is then compelled to climb to the top of tree, whereby a spore grows through its skull, killing it and releasing further spores to infect further ants.

Is the above parasite a result of design or evolution? If you believe the former, then you'll probably need to reevaluate your concept of an all loving God.

Moves
09 Jan 17

Then you are an atheist.
You are lost.
Jake is a newbie to these forums.

I ask you please to be respectful in your replies, or if that is not possible, take a break and return when you are able to be so.

c

Moves
09 Jan 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

The design argument would be more credible if the world was 'perfect.' (Surely a perfect creator would have created a perfect world?) But is the world perfect? Amazing sure, but perfect?

Think for a moment about earthquakes, about famines, think about the brutality of natur ...[text shortened]... u believe the former, then you'll probably need to reevaluate your concept of an all loving God.
Ghost,
I am ready to do battle with you.
Religion has taken away from design.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Jan 17

Think for a moment about earthquakes, about famines, think about the brutality of natur ...[text shortened]... u believe the former, then you'll probably need to reevaluate your concept of an all loving God.
Ever heard the theory that creation is under the curse of sin?

J

Moves
09 Jan 17

Then you are an atheist.
You are lost.
I was raised in a devout Evangelical Christian family. They're the lost ones. They're the ones grovelling before a character in a work of fiction. I'm the one who can go to bed at night knowing that I'm actually a person, not a slave. If you have a problem, then take it up with your God, maybe something will happen this time when you pray for me to be "saved."

c

Moves
09 Jan 17

Jake is a newbie to these forums.

I ask you please to be respectful in your replies, or if that is not possible, take a break and return when you are able to be so.
No.
I disagree with atheism.

J

Moves
09 Jan 17

No.
I disagree with atheism.
And I disagree with your religion. Respect is a two way street. You disrespect me, I disrespect you.

And I am an, say it with me now, an AGNOSTIC DEIST.

c

Moves
09 Jan 17

I was raised in a devout Evangelical Christian family. They're the lost ones. They're the ones grovelling before a character in a work of fiction. I'm the one who can go to bed at night knowing that I'm actually a person, not a slave. If you have a problem, then take it up with your God, maybe something will happen this time when you pray for me to be "saved."
Okay.
But, there is a difference between 'belief in something', and atheism.
Do you believe in something?
Maybe God? Maybe Jesus?
Tell us!!!!!

Moves
09 Jan 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Ever heard the theory that creation is under the curse of sin?
Heard it, rejected it.

Moves
09 Jan 17

No.
I disagree with atheism.
Do you disagree with good manners?

c

Moves
09 Jan 17

Heard it, rejected it.
I strongly question the intelligence of atheists, regardless of degree and education.

J

Moves
09 Jan 17

Okay.
But, there is a difference between 'belief in something', and atheism.
Do you believe in something?
Maybe God? Maybe Jesus?
Tell us!!!!!
I admit that there may be a god, I reject the character of Jesus entirely. Maybe he existed, maybe he didn't. Either way, I am in no way, shape or form, a Christian of any kind.

c

Moves
09 Jan 17

I admit that there may be a god, I reject the character of Jesus entirely. Maybe he existed, maybe he didn't. Either way, I am in no way, shape or form, a Christian of any kind.
Now we are getting somwhere.
Does your rejection of Jesus mean that mankind evolved from a swamp?

Moves
09 Jan 17

I strongly question the intelligence of atheists, regardless of degree and education.
Then demonstrate your own intelligence and answer the question put to you:

"I'll give you one example; a parasite who's sole existence is to burrow into the brain of an ant, the ant concerned rendered into an almost zombie like state. The unfortunate insect is then compelled to climb to the top of tree, whereby a spore grows through its skull, killing it and releasing further spores to infect further ants.

Is the above parasite a result of design or evolution? If you believe the former, then you'll probably need to reevaluate your concept of an all loving God."