Why do so many hate the Bible?

Why do so many hate the Bible?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
15 Aug 05

Originally posted by Joe Fist
This whole discussion, as well as most of these discussions are so nutty. I mean the author of this thread wrote why is the Bible so hated and I have not really heard the hatred for the book itself. I haven't even heard the hatred for the people who believe it is the word of God. Speaking on behalf of all atheists, agnostics, and other non-Christians... ...[text shortened]... ating any of the writings for their own selfish purposes? Yeah that makes more sense....sure 😲
I've heard this idea so much: the Bible has been changed my rich people to take advantage of poor people. Where does this come from? What verses or principles are in there that give such great advantage to the rulers?

c

Moves
15 Aug 05

Personally, I believe and agree with the whole bible. I also believe that if it is God's Word which it is, there can be no contradictions. That is what is compelling about this book, or rather 66 books written throughout time with different writers who did not know each other for the most part. Yet every book, every verse compliments other verses, or at least agrees with them, keeping the whole of scripture in harmony. Any apparent contradictions are always an error on man's part, since God cannot lie, cannot contradict Himself and is always faithful to keep and protect His Word.

1 Pet 1:23-25
23 ....... through the word of God which lives and abides forever,
24 because "All flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls away,
25 But the word of the Lord endures forever......"
(NKJ)

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Aug 05

Originally posted by checkbaitor
Personally, I believe and agree with the whole bible. I also believe that if it is God's Word which it is, there can be no contradictions. That is what is compelling about this book, or rather 66 books written throughout time with different writers who did not know each other for the most part. Yet every book, every verse compliments other verses, or at ...[text shortened]... ithers, and its flower falls away,
25 But the word of the Lord endures forever......"
(NKJ)
This Chinking is a circular argument.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
This Chinking is a circular argument.
These "christians" are far too indoctrinated in the Error to do anything except make error prone sermons, tis a shame really, but it was a shame too, when 2000 years ago similar mindsets called Christ a blasphemer and had him executed.

c

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
These "christians" are far too indoctrinated in the Error to do anything except make error prone sermons, tis a shame really, but it was a shame too, when 2000 years ago similar mindsets called Christ a blasphemer and had him executed.
I am convinced that you don't know what you are talking about. You don't even make sense. You will have to elaborate.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Aug 05

I am convinced that you don't know what you are talking about. You don't even make sense. You will have to elaborate.
Why elaborate if you are convinced?

P-

c

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Why elaborate if you are convinced?

P-
So I could help?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Aug 05

So I could help?
LMFAO!! After reading the first post on this page, it obvious you couldn't help a three year old tie their shoelaces!

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Aug 05

So I could help?
Say it like you mean it...

"So I could help".

Otherwise, you seem to doubt yourself... and are of no help to anyone.

P-

JF
Troubador

Land of Fist

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by chinking58
I've heard this idea so much: the Bible has been changed my rich people to take advantage of poor people. Where does this come from? What verses or principles are in there that give such great advantage to the rulers?
This thread has digressed into every other thumper thread. The very idea of "I am the lord thy God. Thou shall have no other false gods before me" does not allow for the existence of any other. I don't know of any verses of what you spoke of but do you deny that millions of people have been slaughtered in the name of Christ?

You are not getting it. I DO NOT HATE THE BIBLE OR YOUR KIND BUT YOU ARE COMPELLED TO MAKE ME BELIEVE AS YOU DO.

This will never happen as it will most likely never happen to the people here who remain open minded and question things.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
16 Aug 05

One more testimonial that Im on the right track wasn't needed, but thanks anyway.

Of course you wouldn't know what I'm talking about, none of the Paulines can ever see the message, because having been told what other people thought, they don't seek it. "You cannot serve two Masters" Did that help any?

M

Fishers, IN, USA

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by Checkmate187
The bible is a beautiful work of fiction, nothing more.
No intelligent person hates the Bible. It is a wonderful story of man's eternal search for spirituality against a backdrop of some wonderful mythological tales. If we could only recognize that it has value far beyond the literal interpretation of Genesis, the vast majority of Christians would feel a great sense of relief. The physical existence of Adam and Eve have nothing to do with Christianity, Islam or Judaism for that matter.

It is becoming impossible to defend that very narrow position in the face of enormous quantities of factual evidence. The Big Bang is no less a work of creation than the story of Genesis. The spiritual essence of human beings is not discredited just because our bodies were derived by an evolutionary process.

Science explains "how", not why? It can explain what the charge is on an electron. But as it works to discover "why", it will only reveal yet another layer of "how".

Mathematics predicts that there are dimenisons beyond the four we live in. But we lack the tools today to probe any of these other dimensions that very likely exist. There is no reason to believe events in those other dimensions might not have an impact on us, we are just unable to detect it.

Christians, have faith in your faith. Don't be afraid of science revealing more and more of the natural world. That really has nothing to do with man's search of his spiritual identity and perhaps the answer to "why"!

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by MotownDave
No intelligent person hates the Bible. It is a wonderful story of man's eternal search for spirituality against a backdrop of some wonderful mythological tales. If we could only recognize that it has value far beyond the literal interpretation of Genesis, the vast majority of Christians would feel a great sense of relief. The physical existence of Ada ...[text shortened]... as nothing to do with man's search of his spiritual identity and perhaps the answer to "why"!
I want to thank you sir. Despite obvious fundamental differences in our individual perceptions/opinions/beliefs, I found your post to be quite refreshing, the kind of positive and productive dialogue so sorely needed in this sea of insults. The most quality reading I have had in this thread for several pages.

I would be happy to talk science and/or theology with you anytime. It is my most ardent wish that more people find the capacity to express themselves as you have.

Best Regards,
Omnislash

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by Joe Fist
Marx also said Religion was the "opiate of the masses". How true, how true.
V.I. Lenin.

Just for interest here's one from Ronald Raegen:

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by MotownDave
No intelligent person hates the Bible. It is a wonderful story of man's eternal search for spirituality against a backdrop of some wonderful mythological tales. If we could only recognize that it has value far beyond the literal interpretation of Genesis, the vast majority of Christians would feel a great sense of relief. The physical existence of Ada ...[text shortened]... as nothing to do with man's search of his spiritual identity and perhaps the answer to "why"!
Would have recced if I only could. :'(