1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 03:28
    2 Samuel 6:6-8 English Standard Version (ESV)
    And when they came to the threshing floor of Nacon, Uzzah put out his hand to the ark of God and took hold of it, for the oxen stumbled. And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah, and God struck him down there because of his error, and he died there beside the ark of God. And David was angry because the Lord had broken out against Uzzah. And that place is called Perez-uzzah to this day.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 09:06
    @kellyjay said
    And when they came to the threshing floor of Nacon, Uzzah put out his hand to the ark of God and took hold of it, for the oxen stumbled. And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah, and God struck him down there because of his error, and he died there beside the ark of God. And David was angry because the Lord had broken out against Uzzah. And that place is called Perez-uzzah to this day.
    Theologically speaking he died for disobeying an OT direct command of God driven by his presumption that God needed his help to protect his covenant, his mercy seat, his provision.

Practically speaking, I have no idea. The OT time was not a great place to be if you were a bit flakey in the Hebrew law department.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 09:46
    @divegeester said
    Theologically speaking he died for disobeying an OT direct command of God driven by his presumption that God needed his help to protect his covenant, his mercy seat, his provision.

Practically speaking, I have no idea. The OT time was not a great place to be if you were a bit flakey in the Hebrew law department.
    I think that is an excellent answer dive!
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 09:511 edit
    Hebrews 9:6-8 English Standard Version (ESV)
    These preparations having thus been made, the priests go regularly into the first section, performing their ritual duties, but into the second only the high priest goes, and he but once a year, and not without taking blood, which he offers for himself and for the unintentional sins of the people. By this the Holy Spirit indicates that the way into the holy places is not yet opened as long as the first section is still standing

According to the OT this shows that walking into the most holy place, and everything about that entrance was prescribed from when, and who could enter into the most Holy place. God being Holy sets the rules about this, would it matter how righteous any man was if they disobeyed God and entered into the Holy place without God accepting him?
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 10:00
    @divegeester said

Back in the mid 1970's a California university attempted to reconstruct the Ark of the Covenant. Construction was halted when the Ark began producing electricity in the range of 50,000 volts. It was further speculated that it was a natural radio transmitter and receiver . Several attempts have been made to duplicate the Ark of the Covenant from biblical descriptions over the years, but none were successful.
    I guess Uzzah was electrocuted .
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 10:164 edits
    @caissad4 said
    Back in the mid 1970's a California university attempted to reconstruct the Ark of the Covenant. Construction was halted when the Ark began producing electricity in the range of 50,000 volts. It was further speculated that it was a natural radio transmitter and receiver . Several attempts have been made to duplicate the Ark of the Covenant from biblical descriptions over the years, but none were successful.
    Was this before smoking their weed or after?

Left wing loons.

And they make fun of religious folk?

Don't they have something better to do like giving free needles to heroin addicts or tearing down a border wall for their protection or raising taxes even further in the homeless capital of the world?

And no Left wing atheists, that asteroid strike last night did not miraculously turn into an ant farm either.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 12:06
    @whodey said
    Was this before smoking their weed or after?

Left wing loons.

And they make fun of religious folk?

Don't they have something better to do like giving free needles to heroin addicts or tearing down a border wall for their protection or raising taxes even further in the homeless capital of the world?

And no Left wing atheists, that asteroid strike last night did not miraculously turn into an ant farm either.
    “Jehovah is righteous in all his ways.”​—PSALM 145:17.

Keep in mind that Uzzah should have known better. The Ark was associated with Jehovah’s presence. The Law specified that it was not to be touched by unauthorized individuals, explicitly warning that violators would be punished by death. (Numbers 4:18-20; 7:89) Therefore, the transfer of that sacred chest was not a task to be treated lightly. Uzzah evidently was a Levite (though not a priest), so he should have been familiar with the Law. Besides, years earlier the Ark had been moved to the house of his father for safekeeping. (1 Samuel 6:20–7:1) It had stayed there for some 70 years, until David chose to move it. So from childhood on, Uzzah had likely been aware of the laws regarding the Ark.
    In the case of Uzzah, why is it important to remember that Jehovah sees the motives of the heart?
    As mentioned earlier ( in a preceding article ) , Jehovah can read hearts. Since his Word calls Uzzah’s deed an “irreverent act,” Jehovah may have seen some selfish motive that is not expressly revealed in the account. Was Uzzah perhaps a presumptuous man, prone to overstep due bounds? (Proverbs 11:2) Did leading in public the Ark that his family had guarded in private give him an inflated sense of self-importance? (Proverbs 8:13) Was Uzzah so faithless as to think that Jehovah’s hand was too short to steady the sacred chest that symbolized His presence? Whatever the case, we can be sure that Jehovah did what was right. He likely saw something in Uzzah’s heart that caused Him to render swift judgment.​—Proverbs 21:2. Watchtower 2/1/2005
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 12:40
    @kellyjay said
    What a stupid thread. Is it not clear from the passage why Uzzah died? Unless you had something radically different to propose then why start this thread? Are you just looking for attention?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 12:511 edit
    @rajk999 said
    What a stupid thread. Is it not clear from the passage why Uzzah died? Unless you had something radically different to propose then why start this thread? Are you just looking for attention?
    Sounds like the church lady woke up on the wrong side of the pew this morning.

Geesh.

YouTube
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 12:56
    @whodey said
    Sounds like the church lady woke up on the wrong side of the pew this morning.

Geesh.

[youtube]FuJpalsj9sQ[/youtube]
    I never click on you tube vidoes .. sorry
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 13:26
    @rajk999 said
    Galatian's say this:

19 Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct , 20 idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Moreover, those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed to the stake the flesh together with its passions and desires.

I wonder which set of verses might just apply to you?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 13:46
    @galveston75 said
    Galatian's say this:

19 Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct , 20 idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, tha ...[text shortened]... esh together with its passions and desires.

I wonder which set of verses might just apply to you?
    You can sit there and wonder all you like.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 14:17
    @divegeester said

Excellent answer, indeed.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 14:41
    @rajk999 said
    You can sit there and wonder all you like.
    I don't have to wonder at all. It's crystal clear which do...
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 18:21
    @caissad4 said
    That sounds like a load of bollox to be honest.

With due respect to you the messenger.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree