Who's the most impressive Christian you've met

Who's the most impressive Christian you've met

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
02 Apr 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
chinking58, KellyJay, and Nemesio are the only Christians on this site who have impressed me in the slightest.
Careful. Despite the fact that he knows a lot more about the religion than most of the "True Christians" around here, Nemesio might not be comfortable being characterized as a Christian.

The Apologist

Moves
02 Apr 05

Originally posted by telerion
Careful. Despite the fact that he knows a lot more about the religion than most of the "True Christians" around here, Nemesio might not be comfortable being characterized as a Christian.
Nemesio knows the history. But so do historians. That doesn't mean they know the first thing about Christianity.

p

Graceland.

Moves
02 Apr 05

What you forget is that salvation is not dependent on the extent of one's knowledge of the scriptures. Even the most uneducated Christian can understand God better that one who has read the Bible a hundred times.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
02 Apr 05

Originally posted by Darfius
Nemesio knows the history. But so do historians. That doesn't mean they know the first thing about Christianity.
So much for being really busy. I guess you meant you were too busy polluting these forums to share how the power of Jesus Christ changed your life? You smell like rotten fruit.

d

Moves
02 Apr 05

Originally posted by pcaspian
Curious, which person that you've met or know of has impressed you the most with their faith in the Christian God ?
My Mother. She has an incredible amount of blind faith that I will never know. Her Christianity became as a result of circumstance, however it has been her faithful crutch ever since seeing her through some incredibly dark times.

Besides her, all other Christians are scum 😉

The Apologist

Moves
02 Apr 05

So much for being really busy. I guess you meant you were too busy polluting these forums to share how the power of Jesus Christ changed your life? You smell like rotten fruit.
It's in earlier threads. I'll tell you what, I'll PM you a retelling later tonight if it is really bothering you.

The Apologist

Moves
02 Apr 05

Originally posted by darvlay
My Mother. She has an incredible amount of blind faith that I will never know. Her Christianity became as a result of circumstance, however it has been her faithful crutch ever since seeing her through some incredibly dark times.

That's wonderful, darv. I'm so happy your mom found Jesus. I'm happy for you. 🙂

p

Graceland.

Moves
02 Apr 05

Your mom seems like a nice lady Darv. I recall reading a Chris Eubank (boxer) autobiography and his mother was also a great Christian. Perhaps had I played her in chess she wouldn't have timed me out in both our games 😉

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
02 Apr 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

Have you asked him what he thought of your famous foulmouthed Haiku's for instance ?
Just so you know, Ivanhoe, I've sworn off offensive haikus. I work strictly in Limericks now:

Poor Terri she took a bad tumble
A heart attack caused her to stumble
We said “let’s kill her ‘bod”,
So the Pope prayed to God,
But all we could hear was him mumble.

Cheers!

d

Moves
02 Apr 05

[b]My Mother. She has an incredible amount of blind faith that I will never know. Her Christianity became as a result of circumstance, however it has been her faithful crutch ever since seeing her through some incredibly dark times.

Your mom seems like a nice lady ...[text shortened]... hristian. Perhaps had I played her in chess she wouldn't have timed me out in both our games 😉[/b]
Heh. Thanks. By the way, if you ever want a chance at retribution, let me know. Just be warned, sluggish behaviour will not be tolerated.

d

Moves
02 Apr 05
1 edit

Originally posted by bbarr
Just so you know, Ivanhoe, I've sworn off offensive haikus. I work strictly in Limericks now:

Poor Terri she took a bad tumble
A heart attack caused her to stumble
We said “let’s kill her ‘bod”,
So the Pope prayed to God,
But all we could hear was him mumble.

Cheers!
😲

Don't let Phlabibit see this, he may decide to go on another tirade.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Apr 05

I have several friends that support me unconditionally who very much enjoy my company. I could described their character in more detail, but they really are geuine people who live out their faith in example and are not too focused on doctrine.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
02 Apr 05

[b]Careful. Despite the fact that he knows a lot more about the religion than most of the "True Christians" around here, Nemesio might not be comfortable being characterized as a Christian.

What you forget is that salvation is not dependent on the extent of one's knowledge of the scriptures. Even the most un ...[text shortened]... ucated Christian can understand God better that one who has read the Bible a hundred times.

[/b]
I'm not saying that anyone is saved. I also not saying that Nemesio understands God better. I'm saying that he understands the Christian religion better.

The most uneducated xtian should do us all a favor a learn a little bit about where their religion has come from. Otherwise this person is on par with the most uneducated Mormon, Scientologist, Hindu, or New Age Astrologer.

The Apologist

Moves
02 Apr 05

I'm not saying that anyone is saved. I also not saying that Nemesio understands God better. I'm saying that he understands the Christian religion better.

The most uneducated xtian should do us all a favor a learn a little bit about where their religion has come from. Otherwise this person is on par with the most uneducated Mormon, Scientologist, Hindu, or New Age Astrologer.
You forgot about the most uneducated atheists, tel.

For instance, the ones who believe Darwinism isn't a joke. Or the ones who believe something came from nothing. Or the ones who think the brightest minds in the world have half an answer as to Origin of Life.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
02 Apr 05

... and he does a better job of defending true Christianity than the self-proclaimed apologists here.