Who was the right to claim to be a christian?

Who was the right to claim to be a christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
11 Nov 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
By your reckoning, every Tibetan monk, Ghandi, and quiet-as-a-church-mouse pedophile is bound for heaven.
That's a total misrepresentation of what I said. Do you think Tibetan monks, Ghandi, and pedophiles are doing the will of God? It's people like you that get people mixed up and confused when you start misintrepreting things and taking them out of context. I hope you read the Bible more carefully than you read posts.

w

Moves
11 Nov 06

Originally posted by louisXIV
Jesus said :
Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
It's easy to say that you're a christian, but that doesn't necessarily make one out of you...

How can one know to be one?
The key words are "but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven", no? So what is his will and Testament? I will give you a hint, it starts with a "B".😉

s
Doh!!! Or--Are--I

Springfield, USA

Moves
11 Nov 06

Jesus said :

How can one know to be one?
Your actions; If you do like him you are like him. You confess his reality through your actions, you can say you don't believe but you continue to want to do good even as a mortal and ordinary man. Do well.

l

not of this world

Moves
11 Nov 06

Your statement wasn't completely comprehensible for me. Could you go a bit more into length?

s
Doh!!! Or--Are--I

Springfield, USA

Moves
11 Nov 06

Their was a refinement that is the Christ character, And a final commandment. Love God with all your heart, mind and strength and then love others as you love yourself. Since the only person expereincing you is you, You can only demonstrate that Christ-like character as the person that you are. Most people don't defile the temple (self) or willfully kill it. Here is the key, Love thy self. It may take a man a life time to see there is only one, and seperation is an illusion. Their apparently is only one I AM

l

not of this world

Moves
11 Nov 06

No, I would say the key is "love your God" and not love yourself. Love is never selfcentred.

s
Doh!!! Or--Are--I

Springfield, USA

Moves
11 Nov 06

No, I would say the key is "love your God" and not love yourself. Love is never selfcentred.
I never said a love that is centered on onseself, Love is centered on God. I am only experiencing him in the self.

OP

liar.

Moves
11 Nov 06

Originally posted by Orange Peel
[b]Everyone runs around like gay party, having kisses & hugs, throwing flowers in the air & clapping hands for joy.

Heaven isn't found in this life, because we never escape sin. Like Hell, we only taste. Heaven is a seed within us, which grows as we walk the right path. Only in death is true heaven found.

Why d ...[text shortened]... an satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. ~C.S. Lewis"
Sounds like falling in love with someone who don't want you.

OP

liar.

Moves
11 Nov 06

Christians are becoming a pack of power-tripping beggars who actually think they are superior to God. 😉.

s
Doh!!! Or--Are--I

Springfield, USA

Moves
11 Nov 06

John 1:4 within him was Life, and Life is the light of men.

l

not of this world

Moves
11 Nov 06

What do you want to say with that?

s
Doh!!! Or--Are--I

Springfield, USA

Moves
11 Nov 06

I'll explain off-line I'll send you an email

OP

liar.

Moves
11 Nov 06

Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
I never said a love that is centered on onseself, Love is centered on God. I am only experiencing him in the self.
Is it your gain or Gods?

s
Doh!!! Or--Are--I

Springfield, USA

Moves
11 Nov 06

Originally posted by Orange Peel
Is it your gain or Gods?
Can you distinguish one from the other or the other from the One?

OP

liar.

Moves
11 Nov 06

Statistically no, but one does know what they search for.

One themselves might search for God's will, but others may search for their own self-satisfaction while following their leaders not being Jesus. People are generally selfish, so any systems within a church would likely end up self-seeking as the imaginary powers of democracy begin to rule.