Who raised Jesus from the dead?

Who raised Jesus from the dead?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jan 17

Only God can raise the dead.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jan 17

Originally posted by josephw
Here comes another uninformed Christian. Paul and many Apostles and discipldes raised the dead. Are they also God?

T

Moves
01 Jan 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Again, "not sure if serious".

He touts verses like James 2:20, that "faith without works is dead" as proof that works is the only path to salvation, while ignoring verses like John 3:16, which clearly says that "faith is salvation".

We've tried and tried and tried and tried and tried to tell him that works comes naturally from faith, but all he can do ...[text shortened]... things about us when he does not know us. He bears false witness against us. He's a hypocrite.
What am I to make of this? You seem to be attacking him indiscriminately.

At first you said this:
"But since you also refuse to acknowledge any of the Bible outside of the "red letters", you probably won't even be helped if I point you directly to James 1:5.

Now you say:
"He touts verses like James 2:20, that 'faith without works is dead'..."

So you've accused him of not acknowledging anything outside of the "red letters" and then go on to say he "touts verses like James 2:20".

But, let's get to the crux of the matter.

After years of spot-checking rajk999's posts, he seems to be advocating the belief that BOTH "faith" AND "works" are required for eternal life, to live in the kingdom, etc. And that Jesus will judge. He seems to be willing to allow Jesus to judge.

From what I can tell, he's analyzed the Bible as a whole to come up with his belief. Sounds like he purposely set aside any and all preconceived ideas, i.e., church dogma, and allowed the words to speak for themselves.

What he seems to rail against is the belief that "faith alone" is required for eternal life, to live in the kingdom, etc. It is this belief that he calls "mouth worship". He's telling people that this belief is wrong.

But people often attack him as if this were strictly a "faith" vs. "works" argument and that his position is of "works alone".

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jan 17
2 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
I have read it which still doesn't mean your point of view clears up how the Word of God does not mean what it says.
You are not reading it. I remember you continually quoted another verse which YOU insist that Jesus condemned good works, when the passage clearly states that the people did evil works which is what Jesus condemns.

Anyway I will start another thread on that passage.
Something is missing from your ability too read and interpret.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jan 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
You are not reading it. I remember you continually quoted another verse which YOU insist that Jesus condemned good works, when the passage clearly states that the people did evil works which is what Jesus condemns.

Anyway I will start another thread on that passage.
Something is missing from your ability too read and interpret.
Still not sharing the truth but attempting to change the subject. Tell me again why when the scripture says those that don't believe in Jesus are condemned already, that means they are not condemned already.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jan 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
What am I to make of this? You seem to be attacking him indiscriminately.

At first you said this:
"But since [b]you also refuse to acknowledge any of the Bible outside of the "red letters"
, you probably won't even be helped if I point you directly to James 1:5.

Now you say:
"He touts verses like James 2:20, that 'faith without works is ...[text shortened]... if this were strictly a "faith" vs. "works" argument and that his position is of "works alone".[/b]
Thats about correct. What I also add is what Romans 2 says about those who do not know any law, these will also be judged. Christians dont seem to like that. It is very interesting that Christians dont like to hear about the commandments of Christ.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jan 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Still not sharing the truth but attempting to change the subject. Tell me again why when the scripture says those that don't believe in Jesus are condemned already, that means they are not condemned already.
Did I not say that I will start another thread on that topic?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jan 17

Here comes another uninformed Christian. Paul and many Apostles and discipldes raised the dead. Are they also God?
Good that you are an informed Christian.

In who's name did the Apostles raise the dead?

E

Moves
01 Jan 17

He's not a Christian

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jan 17

I agree

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jan 17

They prayed to God and God did the raising of the dead. If that is what you mean then I would agree that only God can raise the dead. All power belongs to God. Jesus derived his power from God as well. Jesus is the son of God and God is the Father who gives power and authority to whoever he chooses.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jan 17

Originally posted by Eladar
He's not a Christian
I am not a Christian by your definition.
In the end your definition counts for nothing.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jan 17

Did I not say that I will start another thread on that topic?
Good

E

Moves
01 Jan 17

Thats about correct. What I also add is what Romans 2 says about those who do not know any law, these will also be judged. Christians dont seem to like that. It is very interesting that Christians dont like to hear about the commandments of Christ.
I think now I know what you don't understand. Judged does not mean found innocent. Judged just means can be found innocent or guilty.

Most of the judged will be found guilty and thrown into hell.

E

Moves
01 Jan 17

I am not a Christian by your definition.
In the end your definition counts for nothing.
You are not a christian by your definition