Who could enjoy Heaven ?

Who could enjoy Heaven ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
16 Jun 05

Roaming around Heaven all day looking down on those misereable sinners roasting in agony, in Hell might make one ill . Just knowing that the vast majority will end up in the Flames is enough to ruin my mood. Heaven might be tainted with the knowlege that all those filthy heathens are frying like a peice of rotton meat down in the Pit. Heaven might end up not being the fun fest it could be with that knowledge.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
16 Jun 05

Originally posted by buckky
Roaming around Heaven all day looking down on those misereable sinners roasting in agony, in Hell might make one ill . Just knowing that the vast majority will end up in the Flames is enough to ruin my mood. Heaven might be tainted with the knowlege that all those filthy heathens are frying like a peice of rotton meat down in the Pit. Heaven might end up not being the fun fest it could be with that knowledge.
I asked this type of question a while back. Here's what people thought then.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=21270

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jun 05

Originally posted by telerion

Yes, the "Magic Memory Wipe Theory"; I remember it well (I think).

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
16 Jun 05
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Yes, the "Magic Memory Wipe Theory"; I remember it well (I think).
They have memory wipes in our local supermarket because I always forget something.
Lists are for sissies.

EDIT: I forgot about the thread dagnabbit: heaven sounds like hell.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
16 Jun 05

Did you just tell him UTFS?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
17 Jun 05

Originally posted by buckky
I would say once you are in Heaven as the Bible says God will wipe away all tears. So I would say that we will forget about the lost souls.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
17 Jun 05

Originally posted by David C
Did you just tell him UTFS?
Well, in more words than that, but yes since we had the same deal happen with the God-blood issue.

It doesn't matter too much. Besides it's a good question (there are a lot of them with xtianity).

PD

Arizona, USA

Moves
17 Jun 05
2 edits

It could be fun to spit over the balcony railing, or make a paper airplane and toss it down there and see if it hits anybody.

A
Dog Companion

Rain Forest

Moves
17 Jun 05

I have often thought of that other thread.

I recall that at one point we had a bunch of "the saved" sitting on a couch looking down on "the damned".....

I wondered then if anyone sitting on that couch would be willing to get off the couch and go to hell in the place of one of the damned for even a little while to relieve their suffering....I still wonder...

I think God (the one I believe in) would allow one to do so. I even think that an act of mercy and forgiveness on the part of a "saved" person might even make way for the "damned" to be released.

Although, I cannot imagine a heaven with a couch full of "saved" persons sitting gloating about the fate of "damned" persons. In fact, as I consider this, it occurs to me that I want no part of a diety which would allow this to occur....there is no love in sitting and observing the suffering of others, no compassion, no hope. It would be an abdication of humanity full of arrogance and self-rightousness.This is evil. I would find myself in the midst of a collection of psychopaths.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Jun 05

Originally posted by Aynat
I have often thought of that other thread.

I recall that at one point we had a bunch of "the saved" sitting on a couch looking down on "the damned".....

I wondered then if anyone sitting on that couch would be willing to get off the couch and go to hell in the place of one of the damned for even a little while to relieve their suffering....I still ...[text shortened]... lf-rightousness.This is evil. I would find myself in the midst of a collection of psychopaths.
Aynat: I would find myself in the midst of a collection of psychopaths.

Welcome, to the fundie section of the Spirituality Forum!

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
17 Jun 05
3 edits

You know if there was an omnimax god that demanded justice but was also merciful, it wouldn't send souls to eternal torture. Instead, we all could have heaven even after everything that has happened on earth if this god made everyone perfectly understand two things:

1) the magnitude of suffering that they had caused here

2) the hardships each of their fellow beings (maybe other sentient life?) had endured.

Edit: Empathy and Guilt. Sound like heaven to anyone else? 😕

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Jun 05

You know if there was an omnimax god that demanded justice but was also merciful, it wouldn't send souls to eternal torture. Instead, we all could have heaven even after everything that has happened on earth if this god made everyone perfectly understand two things:

1) the magnitude of suffering that they had caused here

2) the hardships each of t ...[text shortened]... ntient life?) had endured.

Edit: Empathy and Guilt. Sound like heaven to anyone else? 😕
I'm still waiting for an answer to the question you posed about a month ago: why is the moment of death such a dividing line between being saved or not? Death would be an important point for a mortal Man but not an immortal, omnipotent God. Why couldn't a supposedly merciful God give those who sinned on Earth another shot after death if He truly wanted everybody saved as the fundies claim? Alas, I suppose it's yet another question which will get the only answer most of them can come up with: 'cuz the Bible says so!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Jun 05

The hell you are thinking of is a flamming pit.
According to my religion the whole bible works with pictures instead of a description of the real situation.

Heaven= "and God will live among them" is the endless being together with god wheras

Hell= is beeing eternally seperated from God and it´s light. This is something nobody can imagine cause even today God is not that far away from us as he will for the people in hell.

Just the opinion as far as I know of my religion

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
18 Jun 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
I would say once you are in Heaven as the Bible says God will wipe away all tears. So I would say that we will forget about the lost souls.
Ah, now I see where the 'memory wipe' theory comes from.

I'm far from convinced that heaven would involve forgetting everything that had gone before. Just because there will be no more death doesn't mean we would forget what death actually is.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
18 Jun 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
I'm still waiting for an answer to the question you posed about a month ago: why is the moment of death such a dividing line between being saved or not? Death would be an important point for a mortal Man but not an immortal, omnipotent God. Why couldn't a supposedly merciful God give those who sinned on Earth another shot after death if He tru ...[text shortened]... question which will get the only answer most of them can come up with: 'cuz the Bible says so!
Hmmm.

Actually, I don't know that the Bible DOES say so. I'll have to look into it. Maybe there's a bad assumption in there.

There's definitely judgement after death, but I'm not sure off the top of my head that it's necessarily IMMEDIATELY AFTER death.

Having said that, one could argue whether having 'another shot' would make any difference. I doubt that people would change the habits and attitudes of a lifetime all that easily. A whole different question, I know. I'm being slightly mischievous.