Which religion is worse for killing, Christianity or Islam

Which religion is worse for killing, Christianity or Islam

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
03 Jan 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
Then you also believe that OFF is a tv channel?
That Not stamp collecting is a Hobby?
But very few people into Not stamp collecting go on about how great it is Not to collect stamps, and how pointless, irrelevant and detrimental the act of collecting stamps is.

That is why the theists call atheism a religion. Nothing to do with whether it really is or not.

--- Penguin.

rc

Moves
03 Jan 12

Originally posted by Penguin
But very few people into Not stamp collecting go on about how great it is Not to collect stamps, and how pointless, irrelevant and detrimental the act of collecting stamps is.

That is why the theists call atheism a religion. Nothing to do with whether it really is or not.

--- Penguin.
That is why the theists call atheism a religion,

no its not, its because it relies upon unobserved phenomena and beliefs.

j

Moves
03 Jan 12
8 edits

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
i quoted you exact words uttered by moses as recorded in the bible. call me a liar and you call the bible a lie. which is true of course, i'm only repeating the lies written in the bible.
Num 31:18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

moses liked his slaves, especially if they were young virgin girls. boo-yah!

Where were "his" personal slaves ? Which ones were Moses's ?

The tone of your slander is that Moses, due to his personal lust, had "his" girl slaves according to this instruction in Number 31:18. You are only interested in portraying Moses in an amoral and lust obsessed suspicious light.

Don't bother dressing up your libelous innuendo in a facade of objectivity. So if you cannot specifically point out "his" virgin slaves then I still ad hom you as a liar - Joe McCarthy style.

The backround of Numbers 31 was Midian's more substantial threat to Israel's existence through attacking their moral and spiritual base. Their attack was more pernicious than that of the Amalekites.

With the help of the devious pagan prophet Balaam, the Midianites devized a plan to lead Israel into pagan worship. This scheme involved ritual sex, feasting before Baal, and bowing and sacrificing to Baal (Numbers 25:1-2, 31:16)

When Balaam could not bring a curse down on Israel (Num 22-24), another way was sought which included fornication with the Midianite women enlisted for the deception.

This is why Moses commanded "now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man" (Num 31:17-18 NIV)

This command must be understood in the context of Numbers 25. At Peor, the Midianite women DELIBERATELY seduced the Israelite men into orgiastic adultery as well as Baal worship.

What you DIDN't tell your readers was that the Israelites who participated in the seduction were also put to death. So God's judgment was not only the seductive fornication plot of the Midianite women. He also judged the lustful Jews who succumbed to the temptation scheme who should have known better.

I expect NOTHING objective, fair, or even reasonably enlightening or educational from your McCarthyistic twistings.

Moves
03 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
That is why the theists call atheism a religion,

no its not, its because it relies upon unobserved phenomena and beliefs.
No it doesn't you total theist!

Atheism, HAS NO BELIEFS.

It is the position that you have to prove the existence of something BEFORE believing in it.

No deity has ever been demonstrated to exist, thus Atheists don't believe in Deities.

Atheism is not a religion, never has been, never will be.

rc

Moves
03 Jan 12

Atheism, HAS NO BELIEFS.

It is the position that you have to prove the existence of something BEFORE believing in it.

No deity has ever been demonstrated to exist, thus Atheists don't believe in Deities.

yes its true, i am the pontifex maximus of all theists! and i thankyou for recognising it
as such! All you have is beliefs, why, because all you have is an evaluation with your
own mind, your beliefs. You cannot prove that there is no God, absence in your mind
of reason or empirical proof is no proof at all, therefore, you simply believe that there
is no divine entity. Atheism is a total religion, it relies on unobserved phenomena and
beliefs, not proven.

j

Moves
03 Jan 12
1 edit

The Midianites devized a scheme to destroy Israel through fornication and idolatry.

God's judgment upon the Midianites was to execution of the non-virgin women who participated in the orgiastic plot. His judgment fell on the boys too.

Both are harsh. But this harsh example was not always repeatable in Isrealite history but served as an example of God's attitude towards the matter.

The killing of the boys was harsh but they were potential enemies. The males were potential future combatants against Israel.

The taking of the young virgins had also its proper procedure. Critics often crassly suggest that the Israelite men were wild to go grab and rape any young girl they wanted. The girls were saved because they had not degraded themselves by the seduction plot of the other women.

By examining Deuteronomy 21:10-14 we can see the Gentile female was counted as a POW (prisoner of war). She was NOT to be used as a sex object. The Israeelite man had to carefully follow the prescribed procedure for female POWs before she could be taken as a WIFE.

The laws instituted there were highly sensative to nature of sexual purity in Israel. And for soldiers the protocol had to be followed to avoid rape. There was a prohibition against extracurricular sexual oppression in warfare.

j

Moves
03 Jan 12

Atheism, HAS NO BELIEFS.

Atheism, HAS NO BELIEFS.

Is the above a belief of Atheism ?

Moves
03 Jan 12

Originally posted by jaywill
Atheism, HAS NO BELIEFS.

Is the above a belief of Atheism ?
No, stating that atheism has no beliefs is not a belief.
It's true by definition.

Atheism is defined as the absence of belief in a deity.
It has no other aspects to it, and thus by definition contains no beliefs.

This isn't to say that people who are atheists don't have beliefs but they are nothing to do
with their being atheists.

It is really not a hard concept to grasp.

Moves
03 Jan 12

yes its true, i am the pontifex maximus of all theists! and i thankyou for recognising it
as such! All you have is beliefs, why, because all you have is an evaluation with your
own mind, your beliefs. You cannot prove that there is no God, absence in your mind
of reason or empirical proof is no proof at all, therefore, you simply believe that ...[text shortened]... tity. Atheism is a total religion, it relies on unobserved phenomena and
beliefs, not proven.
I don't have to prove that there is no god.
Because Atheism isn't the belief that there is no god.
Atheism is the absence of belief that there is a god till a god is proved to exist.

No god/s have been proved to exist.

Thus we don't believe in god/s.

It's very simple, and requires no belief at all whatsoever.

Claiming otherwise is at this point simply idiotic, which is why I expect you to continue to do so.

P

Moves
03 Jan 12

Atheism, HAS NO BELIEFS.

I think I would have to change

you have to prove the existence of

to

you have to provide objective evidence for the existence of

I know it doesn't scan so well but...

--- Penguin.

j

Moves
03 Jan 12
2 edits

It's true by definition.

This isn't to say that people who are atheists don't have beliefs but they are nothing to do
with their being atheists.

It is really not a hard concept to grasp.
It's true by definition.

Yes it is. You believe that Atheism has no beliefs.

You also vainly believe that you can place your atheistic philosophy in some impeccable position beyond falsafiability. The efforts of some new atheists seem to concentrate on defining a belief that is Oh so unique, and Oh so special, and Oh so different from every other philosophy that it is beyond criticism. One cannot falsify it.

So the rock outside my back door is an Atheist. It lacks a belief in a deity.

WOW. It is REALLY abstract !! Sounds like you got tired of losing debates so you jury rigged the definition to put it beyond the ability for anyone to even critique it.

Whatever. I think I'll go back to the supposed topic of this thread.
Have it your way. An Atheist is just a normal person or object. How can you criticize that ??

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
03 Jan 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Communism is so athiests are over 100 m people in china.

Moves
03 Jan 12

Originally posted by jaywill
It's true by definition.

Yes it is. You [b] believe
that Atheism has no beliefs.

You also vainly believe that you can place your atheistic philosophy in some impeccable position beyond falsafiability. The efforts of some new atheists seem to concentrate on defining a ...[text shortened]... Have it your way. An Atheist is just a normal person or object. How can you criticize that ??[/b]
Atheism is not beyond falsifiability.
If you have evidence for the existence of a god then that falsifies Atheism.

Atheism is the position of waiting till such evidence exists before believing in something.

And yes atheism is beyond reasonable criticism.

It is the ONLY rational and defensible position until evidence comes to light that supports the existence of deities.
And has always been thus.

And yes ALL atheism is the absence of belief in a god, I am glad you finally get that.
There really is NOTHING else to being an atheist.

(other than it only being a label of any use for beings that have the capacity to believe in stuff, so it is
meaningless to talk about a rock being an atheist.)

Any actual beliefs that an atheist may hold fall under different labels. (like secular humanism for example)

rc

Moves
03 Jan 12
2 edits

I don't have to prove that there is no god.
Because Atheism isn't the belief that there is no god.
Atheism is the absence of belief that there is a god till a god is proved to exist.

No god/s have been proved to exist.

Thus we don't believe in god/s.

It's very simple, and requires no belief at all whatsoever.

Claiming otherwise is at this point simply idiotic, which is why I expect you to continue to do so.
lol, 'your just so ignorant', its like an atheist mantra, shave your head, put on an
orange smock and start pinging your triangle! You have no proof that there is no God,
you cannot prove that there is no God, yet you believe it, as religious as the meanest
medieval monk!

And yes ALL atheism is the absence of belief in a god,

a confession, at last!

F

Moves
03 Jan 12

lol, 'your just so ignorant', its like an atheist mantra, shave your head, put on an
orange smock and start pinging your triangle! You have no proof that there is no God,
you cannot prove that there is no God, yet you believe it, as religious as the meanest
medieval monk!

And yes ALL atheism is the absence of [b]belief
in a god,

a confession, at last![/b]
'your just so ignorant' is also used by christians that lack other arguments.

"you cannot prove that there is no God"
And you cannot prove there is a god. That's why religion cannot be treated scientifically. Science and religion cannot mix. (Heard it before?)