Where was the god inspired outrage?

Where was the god inspired outrage?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Hey, I am as carnal as anyone else, but 'god hater'? How can you hate that which does not exist? I hate the ones who made up the religion and the leaders who dupe people into following to their deaths or subverting political systems to their ends. THEY are the ones I hate.
Do you hate me because I believe in Christ? Because I believe in creation? Because I believe in a young earth? Because I believe in the authenticity of the Shroud of Turin?

The Instructor

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Oct 13

Hey, I am as carnal as anyone else, but 'god hater'? How can you hate that which does not exist? I hate the ones who made up the religion and the leaders who dupe people into following to their deaths or subverting political systems to their ends. THEY are the ones I hate.
Where does hate come from? Think about it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Oct 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Where does hate come from? Think about it.
In my case the hate comes from the subjugation of the minds of billions of duped individuals who have been convinced of the reality of your fake god.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Oct 13

That is one of the most callous things I ever heard. We talk about HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF VIOLENT DEATHS and you just go blah blah blah, we all die. You forget my question was what percentage of the human race dying does it take for your so-called god to intervene? Right now it is standing at about 2%, so what would it take? 30%? 60%? 100% Would your god intervene if it was obvious 100% of humanity would be offed?
Callous, really? How many do you know that have been living forever?
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Oct 13

That is one of the most callous things I ever heard. We talk about HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF VIOLENT DEATHS and you just go blah blah blah, we all die. You forget my question was what percentage of the human race dying does it take for your so-called god to intervene? Right now it is standing at about 2%, so what would it take? 30%? 60%? 100% Would your god intervene if it was obvious 100% of humanity would be offed?
How do you know God hasn't intervene and spared countless millions
of lives only to see what we see now die due to our evilness?
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Oct 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
How do you know God hasn't intervene and spared countless millions
of lives only to see what we see now die due to our evilness?
Kelly
So your god was so weak it couldn't prevent a couple hundred million deaths but could save a few thousand?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Oct 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Do you hate me because I believe in Christ? Because I believe in creation? Because I believe in a young earth? Because I believe in the authenticity of the Shroud of Turin?

The Instructor
Hate? . You are just one of the billions of duped religious people but you are in a minority of the minority that believe the literal version of the bible. That is not hate, but pity.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Oct 13

So your god was so weak it couldn't prevent a couple hundred million deaths but could save a few thousand?
Not only could he save them, He can bring them back to life. I still have
to ask you why should He? We are here doing what we want and we have
to live with the fruit of our lives be it good or bad. Lives end all the time
due to bad choices, sometimes just one and others many more than just
one. We set the stage and things happen, sometimes God could end some
number of lives that would cause the saving many others, I don't think we
could see that with our limited insight.

Not having all the details God has, or knowing what God is doing, or
knowing why He doing what He is doing makes it very difficult to say why.
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Oct 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
Not only could he save them, He can bring them back to life. I still have
to ask you why should He? We are here doing what we want and we have
to live with the fruit of our lives be it good or bad. Lives end all the time
due to bad choices, sometimes just one and others many more than just
one. We set the stage and things happen, sometimes God could end ...[text shortened]... d is doing, or
knowing why He doing what He is doing makes it very difficult to say why.
Kelly
Your delusions are showing again.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Oct 13

Hate? . You are just one of the billions of duped religious people but you are in a minority of the minority that believe the literal version of the bible. That is not hate, but pity.
Well, if it is only pity, then what keeps us from being friends? Is it because I am a conservative Republican?

The Instructor

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Oct 13

Your delusions are showing again.
Why do you bother asking questions?
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Oct 13
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
Well, if it is only pity, then what keeps us from being friends? Is it because I am a conservative Republican?

The Instructor
I make friends with like minds, musicians and so forth. People actually interested in learning science. All you want to do is to convert people to dogma where there is no learning new science, only the destruction of entire sciences. That puts us so far apart philosophically there would never be some kind of friendship. I could never be friends with people whose whole life is devoted to destroying evolution and forcing creationism to be taught in science class.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
19 Oct 13
1 edit

So we as a race are up to a couple hundred MILLION people killed either for religious reasons or through the thuggery of war like the communist pogroms in Cambodia or China or Russia and the Armenian genocide or the Jewish genocide.

Now that means that around 2 percent of the ENTIRE human race has died violently.

Your god goes, THOU SHALT NOT KILL.
...[text shortened]... ost of the land animals in the process. Would you theists believe your god would come down then?
Killing in war is different then killing someone out of revenge.

The commandment is there to show us that we can't make it without a savior.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by RBHILL
Killing in war is different then killing someone out of revenge.

The commandment is there to show us that we can't make it without a savior.
I didn't see in the 10 commandments a rider that made it ok to kill because of war. I think the words say 'thou shalt not kill'. I didn't see any asterisk added to it. If it is there, please dispel my ignorance.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
19 Oct 13

I didn't see in the 10 commandments a rider that made it ok to kill because of war. I think the words say 'thou shalt not kill'. I didn't see any asterisk added to it. If it is there, please dispel my ignorance.
Did you know that jesus says that hatred is murder. So basically everyone is a murderer, Especially bullies!