where is he...?????????????????????

where is he...?????????????????????

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
04 Feb 07

okay, lets just say god did send his son to save us 2000 years ago, what's he been up to since?

A
Checkmate 2 U!

Checkmating you!

Moves
04 Feb 07

Originally posted by eatmybishop
okay, lets just say god did send his son to save us 2000 years ago, what's he been up to since?
He's in Heaven.

p

Moves
04 Feb 07

Originally posted by Acemaster
He's in Heaven.
You have to wonder though. You read the bible and god was always doing big stuff. Destroying cities, plagues, parting seas, booming voices, burning bushes and the like. Then there was Jesus, always talking to everyone, miracles all over the show.

It's certainly been quiet.

e

Moves
04 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by petrosianpupil
You have to wonder though. You read the bible and god was always doing big stuff. Destroying cities, plagues, parting seas, booming voices, burning bushes and the like. Then there was Jesus, always talking to everyone, miracles all over the show.

It's certainly been quiet.
😀

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Feb 07

Very good question. I began to get into that very subject in another thread with someone, but they didn't respond so I didn't think they were really interested.

This particular topic is very interesting, because it deals with not just what God is doing today, and during the past 2000 years since Jesus ascended back into heaven, but also, what he did in the past and why he did it.

But I won't get into all of that now for the sake of brevity.

For the past 2000 years God has been doing one very important thing, He has been building the church, the Body of Christ.

Now at the risk of sounding patronizing, please keep your responces to the point and simple. Say what you want, ask any question you want, but please don't be sarcistic. Only serious comments. Otherwise it's not worth it to reply.

V

Earth

Moves
05 Feb 07

Originally posted by josephw
Very good question. I began to get into that very subject in another thread with someone, but they didn't respond so I didn't think they were really interested.

This particular topic is very interesting, because it deals with not just what God is doing today, and during the past 2000 years since Jesus ascended back into heaven, but also, what he did in t ...[text shortened]... but please don't be sarcistic. Only serious comments. Otherwise it's not worth it to reply.
When I read the Bible about His second coming, I get the sense that it was to happen very soon, certainly not 2000 years later. In this example Jesus tells his desciples that some of them will be round to see the kingdom of God on earth.

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels. 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
(King James Bible, Luke)

Cape Town

Moves
05 Feb 07

You must remember that the Bible (old testament) mostly only covers events involving the Jews. So even back then he was pretty quiet in the rest of the world.

But then again, in the old testament nearly every plague or other natural disaster is directly from God, so cant we also say that all the plagues / natural disasters etc since then are signs of Gods handiwork?
At what point in time did natural disasters cease to be part of Gods punishment machinery and become entirely natural random events? Or are they now in the devils hands?

p

Moves
05 Feb 07

Originally posted by josephw

This particular topic is very interesting, because it deals with not just what God is doing today, and during the past 2000 years since Jesus ascended back into heaven, but also, what he did in t ...[text shortened]... but please don't be sarcistic. Only serious comments. Otherwise it's not worth it to reply.
6 days to build a universe

2000 years to build a Church?

Presumably you think that mohammed was just an ordinary bloke?
How come he has done as well as God?

Buddha, Ra, Offla the crocadile god, have all found it easy to build their churches.

People WANT to believe in God.

God is very lazy or stupid.

E

Moves
05 Feb 07

Originally posted by Varqa
When I read the Bible about His second coming, I get the sense that it was to happen very soon, certainly not 2000 years later. In this example Jesus tells his desciples that some of them will be round to see the kingdom of God on earth.

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in h ...[text shortened]... which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
(King James Bible, Luke)
so you think God already came?

LL

Moves
05 Feb 07

Originally posted by petrosianpupil
6 days to build a universe

2000 years to build a Church?

Presumably you think that mohammed was just an ordinary bloke?
How come he has done as well as God?

Buddha, Ra, Offla the crocadile god, have all found it easy to build their churches.

People WANT to believe in God.

God is very lazy or stupid.
I don't really bulieve this things but if there is a God it is more easy to create the universe then to build "the Church". It tackes much more time to built something in the heart of man becaus he was given the right of free will.At least this is from a religious point of vew.

j

Moves
05 Feb 07
1 edit

You might start to find Him by reading the New Testament and praying:

Matthew ends his gospel with Jesus saying these words which I have found to be absolutely true:

"And behold, I am with you all the days until the consummation of the age" (Matt. 28:20b)

He is with us all the days until the end of the age. But we must receive Him in His form as the Holy Spirit.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45).

Christ today is not only in heaven at the throne of God. But He is on the earth in His form as the Spirit of divine life. He is ready to come into all those who open up thier innermost heart to Him and come to Him for forgiveness and salvation.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
05 Feb 07

Originally posted by Lord Leto
It tackes much more time to built something in the heart of man becaus he was given the right of free will.At least this is from a religious point of vew.
No it doesn't! He's God. He can do whatever he wants! Another cop out, switch brain off, answer.

j

Moves
05 Feb 07
1 edit

wrong post

j

Moves
05 Feb 07

I don't really bulieve this things but if there is a God it is more easy to create the universe then to build "the Church".

You are correct.

What these fools do not realize is that for the last 2000 years God has been accumlating an army of those who do cooperate with Him for the building of the church.

Since cooperation is a voluntary thing in this age, only a minority in each age are counted as those who overcome. In His second coming all of these overcomers down through the ages will return with Him as His army.

It will be interesting to see what some of these fools will do then.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
05 Feb 07

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]I don't really bulieve this things but if there is a God it is more easy to create the universe then to build "the Church".

You are correct.

What these fools do not realize is that for the last 2000 years God has been accumlating an army of those who do cooperate with Him for the building of the church.

Since cooperation is a voluntary th ...[text shortened]... ith Him as His army.

It will be interesting to see what some of these fools will do then.[/b]
We'll laugh at you and your make believe buddies.