1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Oct '09 23:03
    And as the Bible describes in many scriptures, Satan is an enemy of God. I know all that believe the Bible would agree with that. And the Bible also explains that God is most powerful of all creatures and that is something that Satan has never challenged. So Satan's only recourse is to undermine something that God holds dearly which is our worship and our relationship with him. Again many scriptures urge us to worship with "spirit and truth" and that "accurate knowledge" is what will gain us favor with our God.
    Do your beliefs stand up to the truths of the Bible or has Satan been able to slip in untruths and paganisic teachings into your beliefs?? Make sure as your life is at stake...
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 03:161 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    And as the Bible describes in many scriptures, Satan is an enemy of God. I know all that believe the Bible would agree with that. And the Bible also explains that God is most powerful of all creatures and that is something that Satan has never challenged. So Satan's only recourse is to undermine something that God holds dearly which is our worship and ou untruths and paganisic teachings into your beliefs?? Make sure as your life is at stake...
    G75 I have to correct you on one point God is not a creature. He is the creator of said creatures 😉

Manny
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 03:21
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I don't know about Newton's theological views.

What are you refering to?
    I'm not saying I agree with Newton but He apparently had issue with the doctrine of the trinity.He researched this very subject. I was mostly referring to what was said early in the post. You seem very knowledgeable is why I asked.

Manny
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 08:57
    Any thoughts on where religions went wrong?
    in no particular order:

Charging the laity to attend
    Paid church leaders
    Flower arranging clubs
    Murder and oppression
    Benny Hinn and many other charlatans and jokers such as these: http://www.god.tv/rory_and_wendy
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 09:15
    Originally posted by menace71
    I'm not saying I agree with Newton but He apparently had issue with the doctrine of the trinity.He researched this very subject. I was mostly referring to what was said early in the post. You seem very knowledgeable is why I asked.

Manny
    I understood you.

I don't know what Newton thought about the trinity. But I do not hold it against him that he had issues because the Trinity is to be experienced primarily rather than systematized into mere objective knowledge.

It would be interesting to me to learn what Isaac Newton said on the subject.

I do not yet know as I ought to know.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 09:51
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I understood you.

I don't know what Newton thought about the trinity. But I do not hold it against him that he had issues because the Trinity is to be experienced primarily rather than systematized into mere objective knowledge.

It would be interesting to me to learn what Isaac Newton said on the subject.

I do not yet know as I ought to know.
    A caveat on Sir Isaac Newton.

He was an alchemist, a strand of his hair was analysed in the 1970's and was found to contain over 40x the normal level of mercury.

By all accounts he was a very, very odd man and so by the time of his death was almost certainly 'mad as a hatter'.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 15:43
    G75 I have to correct you on one point God is not a creature. He is the creator of said creatures 😉

Manny
    He is a spirit being then. But still going with that thought Manny, Jesus is described as being the "first born" of all creations. Hence Jesus is a creature. That still does not mesh with him being God then if God is not a creature as you say, but Jesus is a creature or creation.
    Something to think about?
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 16:30
    religion went wrong when people started ignoring what Jesus actually said.
    and of course when people started making it up (see J.Smith)
  9. Joined
    16 Jun '09
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 19:19
    the lure of power of course; evidenced by elaborate, unnecessary hierarchy viz. pope, cardinal, archbishop, bishop etc. The pope used to have the power to declare war and expect christendom to respond to the proclaimed 'will of God'. Even nowadays papal pronoucements influence policy e.g. contraception.
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 03:45
    He is a spirit being then. But still going with that thought Manny, Jesus is described as being the "first born" of all creations. Hence Jesus is a creature. That still does not mesh with him being God then if God is not a creature as you say, but Jesus is a creature or creation.
    Something to think about?
    Ok but you said God was a creature 🙂 re read your post.

Manny
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 14:58
    Ok but you said God was a creature 🙂 re read your post.

Manny
    Well to me anything living is a creature but it's just a word and maybe not the right one. I meant nothing more then that. But your explination or thought that God is not a creature but with the Bible saying that Jesus is, is the only point I'm trying to get a thought from you on...
    God cannot be both " a creation and not a creation"...
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 05:362 edits
    Agreed about God. Well un-less God wanted to become part of his creation.

Manny
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 05:39
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    A caveat on Sir Isaac Newton.

He was an alchemist, a strand of his hair was analysed in the 1970's and was found to contain over 40x the normal level of mercury.

By all accounts he was a very, very odd man and so by the time of his death was almost certainly 'mad as a hatter'.
    40x Wow that's crazy
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 07:25
    The painful inability of religions to accept the facts of this existence in order that they doggedly cling to every single aspect of their inept dogma - sorry, their "belief" - is where every major religion is going wrong.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 10:08
    By focussing on second-hand information from books rather than following direct experience of our own conciences.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree