What would identify a God backed religion?

What would identify a God backed religion?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Jun 13

Here is my post from page three, it is in response to your point 2 on page one.

Originally posted by divegeester
You and robbie have stated in this forum that you have 2 saviours, Jehovah and Jesus. Here you say that only one of them should be raised up and glorified. The bible proves you in error at every turn:

Acts 4: 8f-12
8Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: “Rulers and elders of the people! 9If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a man who was lame and are being asked how he was healed, 10then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11Jesus is

' the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the cornerstone'

12Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

There is one god, one saviour and one lord of all. One of the first signs of a false Christianity/religion is that they will demote The Lord Jesus Christ from his position of lord of all, as the alpha and the omega, as the embodiment of the fullness of the godhead. All scriptural Galveston, as you know.[/b]

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
16 Jun 13

Originally posted by galveston75
What would be the requirements of a religion to be approved by God and used by him?
What does the Bible say?

1) They base their teachings on the Bible. Jesus said: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me. If anyone desires to do His will, he will know concerning the teaching whether it is from God or I speak of my own originality ...[text shortened]... ject teachings based on human wisdom or tradition.—Isaiah 29:13; Matthew 15:3-9; Colossians 2:8.
One requirement of true relgion is that it MUST be eternal.

If the relgion you are following is not eternal then it is not authentic but has been fabricated.

Has the relgion you are following been fabricated in recent times???

Recent times mean .........1000 yrs ago or 2000 years ago or 5000 yrs ago or even 20000 years ago.

How can a religion that did not exist let's say 5000 years ago .....suddenly exist today???

It exists today because it has been fabricated from the minds of mundane man in recent times.

However the Vedas are eternal and have always existed because they are authentic and are coming from the Supreme Lord at the beginning of creation millions of years ago...

The Vedas also come to this world in the perfect language of sanskrit.

Sanskrit is the world first language and the world's most perfect language.

How is it that the worlds most perfect language existed before history was even recorded and existed long before the pyramids and this is important to know because the Egyptians apparently used symbols only to take the place of language.

You would think that the further you go back in time language would get more and more primitive......but that is not the case, because the further you go back you discover the perfect language of Sanskrit.

Your history ( the history you now believe in) is incorrect and fed to you at school by foolish teachers who are either atheists or persons who follow false relgion, so alas! they are truly ignorant.

SO NOW YOU KNOW THAT ANY RELIGION WHICH IS NOT ETERNAL IS FALSE RELIGION...........and that is a truism that you cannot reject.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Dasa

If the relgion you are following is not eternal then it is not authentic but has been fabricated.

Recent times mean .........1000 yrs ago or 2000 years ago or 5000 yrs ago or even 20000 years ago.

How can a religion that WHICH IS NOT ETERNAL IS FALSE RELIGION...........and that is a truism that you cannot reject.
About the eternal idea, I agree, a religion should have been around 200,000 years ago just as today. The fact they were not shows they were all, EVERY ONE, INCLUDING VEDAS, proves they are all just made up in the imaginations of mankind trying to make sense of a hostile universe. Dasa, you have ZERO proof of any age of Vedas past a few thousand years ago either. All you have is references to more ancient texts where there was a tradition of saying things were far more ancient than they were in reality. 500,000 years ago there were no humans on the planet, the fossil record shows that clearly, what fossils there are are a lot more primitive than modern humans and they did not have enough brain capacity to have much in the way of religion, for instance it is clear they could not talk so they could not have much in the way of a theory of mind. There were no Vedas back then.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
About the eternal idea, I agree, a religion should have been around 200,000 years ago just as today. The fact they were not shows they were all, EVERY ONE, INCLUDING VEDAS, proves they are all just made up in the imaginations of mankind trying to make sense of a hostile universe. Dasa, you have ZERO proof of any age of Vedas past a few thousand years ago ei ...[text shortened]... talk so they could not have much in the way of a theory of mind. There were no Vedas back then.
The small skull fossil you are referring to are not of man, but are of monkeys and such.

Only God has existed for eternity. So there is no religion that has existed 200,000 years ago for religion was made for man, not man for religion, and man did not exist 200,000 years ago.

The only true religion is that which is sanctioned by God through His inspired word to the holy prophets. You will find it in the Holy Bible.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Jun 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
The small skull fossil you are referring to are not of man, but are of monkeys and such.

Only God has existed for eternity. So there is no religion that has existed 200,000 years ago for religion was made for man, not man for religion, and man did not exist 200,000 years ago.

The only true religion is that which is sanctioned by God through His inspired word to the holy prophets. You will find it in the Holy Bible.

The Instructor
You just said what I said. There were no men 200,000 years ago, they were primitive, not haven't yet evolved into modern humans and as such could not have had much in the way of religion. All religions are made up by men and you and your christian paulist buddies are wallowing in arrogance to think a god would be so enamored with humans to need us to continually stroke its flagging ego.

You make a real god into a joke.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jun 13

You just said what I said. There were no men 200,000 years ago, they were primitive, not haven't yet evolved into modern humans and as such could not have had much in the way of religion. All religions are made up by men and you and your christian paulist buddies are wallowing in arrogance to think a god would be so enamored with humans to need us to continually stroke its flagging ego.

You make a real god into a joke.
You are making a strawman argument again. Humans were made by God some 6000+ years ago. Modern humans devolved from Adam and Eve, the first humans.

The worship of God and His Christ is the only true religion in existence today. God and His Christ were not made up by men and me, numbnuts.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Jun 13

You are making a strawman argument again. Humans were made by God some 6000+ years ago. Modern humans devolved from Adam and Eve, the first humans.

The worship of God and His Christ is the only true religion in existence today. God and His Christ were not made up by men and me, numbnuts.

The Instructor
Deluded as always. Like I said, religious humans are utterly arrogant to think some kind of god would be interested in them. We have been here for 5 million years in one form or another and it is only in the last few thousand we are supposed to have a god?

You can't even see the absurdity in it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Jun 13

Originally posted by Dasa

How can a religion that ...[text shortened]... WHICH IS NOT ETERNAL IS FALSE RELIGION...........and that is a truism that you cannot reject.
Who says a religion can't be true if it's only a hundred years old? You? Your neighbor? Your country? Your priest? How about the Bible and God himself.
I think that would be the basis to say who and who isn't being used by God.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Jun 13

Deluded as always. Like I said, religious humans are utterly arrogant to think some kind of god would be interested in them. We have been here for 5 million years in one form or another and it is only in the last few thousand we are supposed to have a god?

You can't even see the absurdity in it.
[b]For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

(1 Corinthians 1:18-25 NKJV)

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Jun 13

[b]For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wis ...[text shortened]... and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

(1 Corinthians 1:18-25 NKJV)

The Instructor
So you bible admits your god can be both foolish AND stupid. But I knew that all along.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Jun 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Who says a religion can't be true if it's only a hundred years old? You? Your neighbor? Your country? Your priest? How about the Bible and God himself.
I think that would be the basis to say who and who isn't being used by God.
I guess you are just going to continue to ignore my post and re-post then...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Jun 13

So you bible admits your god can be both foolish AND stupid. But I knew that all along.
Your wisecrack remark is just highlighting your own foolishness, because you were thinking you were being so wise.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Jun 13

Your wisecrack remark is just highlighting your own foolishness, because you were thinking you were being so wise.

The Instructor
It's right there in the biblical nonsense you yourself posted. The foolishness of god is better than the foolishness of man. That says it all right there.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Jun 13
1 edit

It's right there in the biblical nonsense you yourself posted. The foolishness of god is better than the foolishness of man. That says it all right there.
You apparently still don't get it. Okay, wallow in your foolishness then. "Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men."

The Instructor

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Jun 13

Originally posted by divegeester
I guess you are just going to continue to ignore my post and re-post then...
Lol. For the 30th time, ya think?