What is the point of

What is the point of "G"od?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
08 Sep 12

Originally posted by Nicksten
The heavens ("universe"😉 declares the GLORY of GOD.
God's space is bigger than yours, heck, it's bigger than mine too 😉

I do not think our minds can even imagine the size of God's space.
our minds can imagine infinity. biblegod? covered.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
08 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Nicksten
The heavens ("universe"😉 declares the GLORY of GOD.
God's space is bigger than yours, heck, it's bigger than mine too 😉

I do not think our minds can even imagine the size of God's space.
I see hollow declarations as opposed to useful explanations.

But at any rate, my interest in and the utility of this thread (to challenge the age old: what is the point of life if no "G"od?) has been exhausted long before you arrived.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Sep 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
You can not imagine how big infinity is because there is nothing to compare it to. You only have a concept that it goes on forever, but you don't know how big or long that is. You can only think you can imagine it, but that is an illusion of your mind, which has no real concept of God and His eternity.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
08 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
You can not imagine how big infinity is because there is nothing to compare it to. You only have a concept that it goes on forever, but you don't know how big or long that is. You can only think you can imagine it, but that is an illusion of your mind, which has no real concept of God and His eternity.
everything you perceive is an illusion of the mind. the mind can conceive eternity. it can conceive forever. it can even conceive your biblegod, he was created in the human mind after all.

the human mind is an eternity. this is a concept you have not yet grasped, because your mind is locked in the myths of the past.

rc

Moves
08 Sep 12
1 edit

everything you perceive is an illusion of the mind. the mind can conceive eternity. it can conceive forever. it can even conceive your biblegod, he was created in the human mind after all.

the human mind is an eternity. this is a concept you have not yet grasped, because your mind is locked in the myths of the past.
Is your post an illusion of the mind?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
08 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Is your post an illusion of the mind?
where did you experience my post?

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
09 Sep 12

I agree with RJHinds. There is nothing to compare it with, thus you can not EVEN imagine. If everything we perceive is an illusion of the mind, we must be all morons walking the earth all arguing about nothing especially here on the forums.

You may think this is all an illusion, but it's not.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
11 Sep 12

your biblegod, he was created in the human mind after all.
Your opinion is no more or less worthy than anyone else's. Now this is just a suggestion--but if you want to be taken seriously, you might want to avoid constructing baseless statements of opinion as statements of fact.

But I'm sure it was just an oversight.

I wouldn't expect such an oversight by someone who sets himself on equal terms with Christ--being "sinless" and all--but alas, I guess that opinion was also misconstructed as fact.

But I forgive you. All us sinners make mistakes.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 12

Originally posted by sumydid
Your opinion is no more or less worthy than anyone else's. Now this is just a suggestion--but if you want to be taken seriously, you might want to avoid constructing baseless statements of opinion as statements of fact.

But I'm sure it was just an oversight.

I wouldn't expect such an oversight by someone who sets himself on equal terms with Christ--be ...[text shortened]... inion was also misconstructed as fact.

But I forgive you. All us sinners make mistakes.
In his case it is not an oversight. 😏