1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 19:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    In fact, the same thing is happening today in East Africa's Rift Valley.
    i seem to remember that california is also making a break from mainland usa.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 21:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No, I studied this phenomena in school, in a geology class. The magnetic lines reverse themselves regularly and the rocks record the changes really well, just like a tape head magnetically charging a magnetic tape but on a larger scale . The magnetic lines get recorded into the rocks and all you have to do is go along the bottom of the ocean with a magnetom ...[text shortened]... the separation of magnetic polarity is the same throughout history, within a window of course.
    The problem is the estimated amount of time it took is wrong. They are using a unifomity principle based on todays rate of change. That is why they are wrong. We already have proof, with things like the Mount St. Helens volcanic eruption, that strata and the formation of coal deposits can take place rapidly. There is also proof that fossilization does not take long periods of time and their radiometric dating methods are flawed, etc., etc.

The Instructor
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 21:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The problem is the estimated amount of time it took is wrong. They are using a unifomity principle based on todays rate of change. That is why they are wrong. We already have proof, with things like the Mount St. Helens volcanic eruption, that strata and the formation of coal deposits can take place rapidly. There is also proof that fossilization does n ...[text shortened]... ng periods of time and their radiometric dating methods are flawed, etc., etc.

The Instructor
    You actually have the gall to suggest that that little pipsqueak eruption of Mt St. Helens would be equivalent to an entire frigging CONTINENT moving hundreds of miles in one day?

That just proves how far into the fringe you are. You are incapable of actually thinking for yourself and never will have the capacity to actually think, since you self-lobotomized yourself decades ago.

If you don't use it you lose it. You don't even KNOW you have already lost it.
    You thinking you have some kind of authority to actually call yourself an 'instructor' proves that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Like GBS said, it is better to be quiet and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt. You fit that like a glove.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 21:52
    You actually have the gall to suggest that that little pipsqueak eruption of Mt St. Helens would be equivalent to an entire frigging CONTINENT moving hundreds of miles in one day?

That just proves how far into the fringe you are. You are incapable of actually thinking for yourself and never will have the capacity to actually think, since you self-loboto ...[text shortened]... e quiet and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt. You fit that like a glove.
    There you go with the strawman argument again. I did not say that and you know it. Can't you try to be honest with yourself for once. It was only an example to show that the uniformity principle can not be used for dating all past events.

The Instructor
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 15:12
    There you go with the strawman argument again. I did not say that and you know it. Can't you try to be honest with yourself for once. It was only an example to show that the uniformity principle can not be used for dating all past events.

The Instructor
    So you tell me how long it took for Africa and South America to go from being connected together to being where they are today.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 21:48
    So you tell me how long it took for Africa and South America to go from being connected together to being where they are today.
    Probably about 4000 to 4500 years.

The Instructor
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 21:58
    Probably about 4000 to 4500 years.

The Instructor
    So about 1 mile a year. When did it become 1 inch per year as it is now? And why don't we see huge growths in the distances between magnetic polarities, since the evidence clearly shows the same distance between polarity reversals right near the magma upwelling as well as a thousand miles away on the ocean floor. There is no getting around that fact, the spreading was the same 10 million years ago, in terms of inches per year as it is today.

Otherwise there would be vast regions on the ocean floor with no change in polarity but long distances with the same polarity. In fact, considering the fact that the regularity and timing of the magnetic reversals take place over thousands of years clearly shows your bogus so-called scientific evidence as fully bogus not worth the examination by the real world of science. Otherwise those dudes would be picking up their Nobel prizes in physics and such instead of being reduced to making humiliation videos only watched and believed by right wing republican fundamentalist reactionary creationist science hating religious nutters.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 22:20
    So about 1 mile a year. When did it become 1 inch per year as it is now? And why don't we see huge growths in the distances between magnetic polarities, since the evidence clearly shows the same distance between polarity reversals right near the magma upwelling as well as a thousand miles away on the ocean floor. There is no getting around that fact, the sp ...[text shortened]... right wing republican fundamentalist reactionary creationist science hating religious nutters.
    You are making the mistake of believing the uniformity principle, which has been proven to be false. Things have not changed at the same rate from the beginning of creation. At the time of the flood the continental divide began and the rate varied, probably faster at the beginning and at some point they became at the slow rate they are today.

I do not deny that polarity reversals have occurred. I am just saying they occurred during the receding of the flood that depostited the sediment layers we see today. It may be that we are going to have another polarity reversal soon and that could be the real reason for climate changes attributed to global warming.

Scientist will not be awarded Nobel prizes unless they can convince the dummies of of the time of the truth of there findings. It may take decades or centuries before that will happen. But eventually the truth will win out.

The Instructor
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 23:15
    You are making the mistake of believing the uniformity principle, which has been proven to be false. Things have not changed at the same rate from the beginning of creation. At the time of the flood the continental divide began and the rate varied, probably faster at the beginning and at some point they became at the slow rate they are today.

I do not d ...[text shortened]... or centuries before that will happen. But eventually the truth will win out.

The Instructor
    Er, do you even know what causes the rocks to record magnetic data? Why don't you learn about that, then come back and talk to me about world wide floods causing it. You are in total denial of the truth, the REAL truth, not the pablum forced into you by your religious guru's who know NOTHING about real spirituality, since every person on the planet is in exactly the same boat about spirituality, including me. We every one, knows NOTHING of the real thing because it is all made up by men.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 01:361 edit
    Er, do you even know what causes the rocks to record magnetic data? Why don't you learn about that, then come back and talk to me about world wide floods causing it. You are in total denial of the truth, the REAL truth, not the pablum forced into you by your religious guru's who know NOTHING about real spirituality, since every person on the planet is in ex ...[text shortened]... including me. We every one, knows NOTHING of the real thing because it is all made up by men.
    I doubt if you even know what causes the rocks to record magnetic data? I know all I need to know to convince me that the earth is only a few thousand years old as recorded in the Holy Bible. I have faith the the Holy Bible was inspired by God to be written for our benefit.

The Instructor
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 10:37
    I doubt if you even know what causes the rocks to record magnetic data? I know all I need to know to convince me that the earth is only a few thousand years old as recorded in the Holy Bible. I have faith the the Holy Bible was inspired by God to be written for our benefit.

The Instructor
    Have you even heard of the Curie temperature? Probably not. That explains why you believe in such fantasies. Google it. MAYBE you will actually learn something.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Aug '13 15:25
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i seem to remember that california is also making a break from mainland usa.
    Well, no. The San Andreas faultline in California is just that. A faultline. The western portion is slipping past the eastern portion, not away from it. It is not the edge of a continental plate. Unless I'm missing something in my education.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Aug '13 21:521 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, no. The San Andreas faultline in California is just that. A faultline. The western portion is slipping past the eastern portion, not away from it. It is not the edge of a continental plate. Unless I'm missing something in my education.
    Well, I am from California and have been all my life🙂

Except when I am not🙂

But the thing is, if you look at the big picture, you see Baja California, that long strip of land to the west of Mexico proper. Thing is right at the crotch of it it is ripping apart, slowly of course but they calculate half of California in about 50 million years from now will be a huge island kind of like Vancouver Island is now but about 6 times longer. The land is being ripped apart and will eventually split off completely. It's so slow, however, you don't really have to worry much about your land value going to pot🙂 Take a look at this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/09/science/09geo.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

According to that scene, Los Angeles is due to crash into and through San Fransisco and in 200,000,000 years be WAY north of San Fransisco!
  14. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 02:14
    Starlight and Time - Dr. Russell Humphreys

Dr. Russell Humphreys develops a creation cosmology based on scripture and Einstein's theory of relativity to explain how distant starlight could reach the earth from the depths of space during the six days of creation week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCK8y4RBeWI

Starlight and Time Revisited - Dr. Russell Humphreys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2BYkA6UcVg

The Instructor
    Wow - this is utter rubbish. I believe in a God/Creator/first cause but it is a "belief". It's rubbish like this that makes the rest of the world look at the USA and laugh. A earth that is 6000 years old? Don't tell me...the tooth fairy came to take away the teeth of young dinosaurs.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 06:18
    Originally posted by kbear1k
    Wow - this is utter rubbish. I believe in a God/Creator/first cause but it is a "belief". It's rubbish like this that makes the rest of the world look at the USA and laugh. A earth that is 6000 years old? Don't tell me...the tooth fairy came to take away the teeth of young dinosaurs.
    This is the work of a PHD scientist in Physics. So I think a non-rebuttal from a want-to-be expert chess player is meaningless.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree