What is Heaven like?

What is Heaven like?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
26 Apr 16

Based on your own personal beliefs and what you've gleaned from the Bible, what do you think Heaven will be like? I mean, what will be in Heaven (apart from Angels, Jesus, etc.) and what do you think it will look like?

k

Moves
26 Apr 16

I can prolly tell you what hell is like better.

rain

Moves
26 Apr 16

Originally posted by kquinn909
I can prolly tell you what hell is like better.
Does it involve spending eternity with people who say "prolly"?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by vivify
Based on your own personal beliefs and what you've gleaned from the Bible, what do you think Heaven will be like? I mean, what will be in Heaven (apart from Angels, Jesus, etc.) and what do you think it will look like?
Nobody has gone to heaven [Gods abode]. The Bible says that.

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. (John 3:13 KJV)

Probably nobody will. Although to confuse the matter further there seems to be several levels of heaven. Paul ascended to the third heaven.

Christians who understand the teachings of the Bible will know that the reign of Christ and his saints will be on the earth. This will be for a 1000 yr period but then 1000 years can easily be 1000,000 years according to the Bible. It is a period when Christ will rule and conquer death and sin.

At the end of this reign of Christ, God takes over and the New Jerusalem becomes the abode of all of mankind. There will be at that time no more flesh and blood beings but spirit beings like angels whose abode will be the New Jersalem. Earth will be done away with.

The New Jerusalem is what people call 'heaven'. Revelation contains a description of what the New Jerusalem is like if you are interested.

y

Moves
26 Apr 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
Nobody has gone to heaven [Gods abode]. The Bible says that.

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. (John 3:13 KJV)

Probably nobody will. Although to confuse the matter further there seems to be several levels of heaven. Paul ascended to the third heaven.

Christians w ...[text shortened]... ven'. Revelation contains a description of what the New Jerusalem is like if you are interested.
There is one who has gone to paradise we know that for sure, right? Now whether paradise is heaven... that is another question.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Apr 16

Originally posted by vivify
The bible definition for heaven is any place above the earth. An airplane can be in "heaven".

Moves
26 Apr 16

Originally posted by checkbaiter
The bible definition for heaven is any place above the earth. An airplane can be in "heaven".
Have you not had airplane food?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Apr 16

Originally posted by yoctobyte
There is one who has gone to paradise we know that for sure, right? Now whether paradise is heaven... that is another question.
Paradise is not necessarily heaven according to the Bible but for Christians I think they equate the two.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Apr 16

That is why Paul referred to a place called 'the third heaven'. In Jewish literature there a were several levels of heaven only one of which was Gods abode. Like I said some time ago, you need to read up on these books and writings to get into the minds of the Bible writers

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Apr 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Have you not had airplane food?
Yes, but they didn't call it "manna" . 😉

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Apr 16

That is why Paul referred to a place called 'the third heaven'. In Jewish literature there a were several levels of heaven only one of which was Gods abode. Like I said some time ago, you need to read up on these books and writings to get into the minds of the Bible writers
Is that what you believe?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Apr 16

Is that what you believe?
That some wider reading will help you understand the Bible .. yes.

Moves
26 Apr 16

Would you be surprised to encounter atheists in heaven?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Apr 16

No, that there are several levels of heaven?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Apr 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Would you be surprised to encounter atheists in heaven?
Nope .. and you know that I believe that already...🙂