What if...

What if...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
27 Jul 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
What if it’s all just made up...whatever it is we believe.

What then?
What if we are simply part of a butterfly's dream?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Jul 18

Originally posted by @eladar
What if we are simply part of a butterfly's dream?
Posting silly comments like this just gives the impression that you find the OP threatening to your beliefs and your pinholed perspective.

E

Moves
28 Jul 18

Posting silly comments like this just gives the impression that you find the OP threatening to your beliefs and your pinholed perspective.
Actually it is a reference to an episode from Kung Fu the tv show.

According to the Chinese philosophical classic Zhuangzi, the great Daoist thinker of that name fell asleep one day and dreamed that he was a butterfly. When he woke up, he did not know whether he really was a man who had dreamed he was a butterfly or whether he was a butterfly now dreaming he was a man.

philosophynow.org/issues/76/Zhuangzi_And_That_Bloody_Butterfly

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Aug 18

According to the Chinese philosophical classic Zhuangzi, the great Daoist thinker of that name fell asleep one day and dreamed that he was a butterfly. When he woke up, he did not know whether he really was a man who had dreamed he was a butterfly or whether he was a butterfly now dreaming he was a man.
There’s a lot of old and new worthless philosophy out there being passed of as “classic” or new thinking if you are gullible enough to soak it up.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Aug 18

What if it’s all just made up...whatever it is we believe.

What then?
Then we would be dead.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Aug 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Then we would be dead.
In the future sir it will be possible to download our consciousness and live forever on a floppy disc.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Aug 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
In the future sir it will be possible to download our consciousness and live forever on a floppy disc.
In the infinite realm of cyberspace as magnetic bytes traveling at the speed of light...

...as apposed to spiritual bodies capable of traveling at the speed of thought between the material universe and the spiritual dimensions heretofore unknown.

😉

E

Moves
04 Aug 18

There’s a lot of old and new worthless philosophy out there being passed of as “classic” or new thinking if you are gullible enough to soak it up.
Worthless is in the eye of the beholder. It does fit with the topic you brought up. Funny how you are so closed minded.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Aug 18

Worthless is in the eye of the beholder. It does fit with the topic you brought up. Funny how you are so closed minded.
Do you consider yourself an open-minded person?

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
04 Aug 18

Sounds like Last Thursdayism. The idea that the universe was created last Thursday, but with the physical appearance of being billions of years old. It's also a counter to the creationism theory. Under Last Thursdayism, books, fossils, light already on the way from distant stars, and literally everything (including your memories of the time before last Thursday) were all formed at the time of creation (last Thursday) in a state such that they appear much older.

E

Moves
04 Aug 18

Do you consider yourself an open-minded person?
Why do you think I would answer you? There that's the closest thing to an answer you will get.

E

Moves
04 Aug 18

Originally posted by @pianoman1
Sounds like Last Thursdayism. The idea that the universe was created last Thursday, but with the physical appearance of being billions of years old. It's also a counter to the creationism theory. Under Last Thursdayism, books, fossils, light already on the way from distant stars, and literally everything (including your memories of the time before last Th ...[text shortened]... all formed at the time of creation (last Thursday) in a state such that they appear much older.
It could be true but could be false. Your beliefs about it reveal the unproven beliefs that govern your decision making.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Aug 18

Why do you think I would answer you? There that's the closest thing to an answer you will get.
Yes, about what I expected from someone with a closed mind.

E

Moves
04 Aug 18

Yes, about what I expected from someone with a closed mind.
Lol. You are a waste of time so I am closed minded. Gotcha

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Aug 18

Lol. You are a waste of time so I am closed minded. Gotcha
Fopdoodle.