What happens when we die

What happens when we die

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
02 Apr 09

Originally posted by big bern
The soul we all have is part of God. When we are concieved we are given a soul from God, it is part of him. When our physical body that has carried around the soul for however long it can ,expires ,the soul goes back to where it came ... to God in Heaven. and that's what happens.
That is easy to say, but what is this soul you talk of? Does it have a consciousness or memories? Do you really care what happens to it after you die?

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
03 Apr 09

what happens?

well, tell me this:

why did they bury John F. Kennedy at Arlington cemetery?

bb

Moves
03 Apr 09

I believe that the Soul is everlasting. It is that simple to me. I believe this because what I understand the Soul to be is each persons concious and unconcious thoughts, it is what drives us to whatever aspirations we have in life, it harbors all of our thoughts on how we feel about everything that goes on around us on a daily basis. There is no line of reasoning that can dispute the fact that my soul, my essence ,my being (beyond the flesh,bones,water and blood) evaporates into the atmosphere when my physical body ceases to function. This and this alone makes the compelling case that there is a higher being that created this place we all live in. How does my inner being die which is not made up of physical matter die when my physical matter does indeed expire?

Cape Town

Moves
03 Apr 09

I believe that the Soul is everlasting. It is that simple to me. I believe this because what I understand the Soul to be is each persons concious and unconcious thoughts, it is what drives us to whatever aspirations we have in life, it harbors all of our thoughts on how we feel about everything that goes on around us on a daily basis. There is no line of re ...[text shortened]... eing die which is not made up of physical matter die when my physical matter does indeed expire?
So you are saying that a soul remembers everything you ever did? If I forget something completely my soul will still remember it? You are not very clear on that point.
What about character? You say my soul includes all my thoughts, does is it conscious itself? Does it have the same character as me? What about my character when I was younger?

You appear to be making the argument that information can never be lost. But at the same time I am sure you are restricting that to information obtained by a conscious being. Do you have an argument to back that up? You simply say it makes a compelling case, but can you explain it further?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
03 Apr 09

I believe that the Soul is everlasting. It is that simple to me. I believe this because what I understand the Soul to be is each persons concious and unconcious thoughts, it is what drives us to whatever aspirations we have in life, it harbors all of our thoughts on how we feel about everything that goes on around us on a daily basis. There is no line of re ...[text shortened]... eing die which is not made up of physical matter die when my physical matter does indeed expire?
I think that whatever you describe regarding your conscious and unconscious actions and reactions, your behavior, your attitude and your differ opinions and beliefs, along with the whole buffering of this multileveled process, is simply related to the operation of your brain/ mind.

bb

Moves
03 Apr 09

It's a fair point, thank you for asking for further clarification. The Soul, in my small humble opinion of many, is a collective . I may have been unclear to you as to my relevance to the Soul remembering everything.. What i am inferring is that the Soul that we recieve from God is pure upon reciept. We then go through our lives with many experiences that we as all different people react to differently ,learn from things subsequently have new experiences where we refer back to past experiences that may relate to said experience and through a number of processes that we all go through ourselves make a decision based upon our collective experiences we have had thus far in life. Whether the Soul remembers every thing we have ever done.. it may i suppose , how does one know ? What is important is what we all do with the gift we have recieved. Somehow, and i am not necessarily sure i have completed my thoughts on the subject but... you have heard, i am certain, the term He or She was a bad Soul . Well this is obviously a result of some sort of combination of processes that got that soul from the point of pure to well, for lack of another word.. unpure.