What exactly is Sin?

What exactly is Sin?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
24 Jul 15

I have read in numerous posts how Christians are SO willing to call themselves 'filthy sinners'......so that they BOAST the need for Jesus. What exactly is sin? To look at a woman's breasts and say 'wow'? What is sin.....and why.....WHY do humans relent to this sin?

God created us. God created us to enjoy women. What exactly is sin anyway? Why do humans, especially Christians.....readily admit to being 'filthy sinners'. What do we do to deserve an eternity of damnation? To look at boobs?

What is SIN?

d

Moves
24 Jul 15

Originally posted by chaney3

God created us. God created us to enjoy women. What exactly is sin anyway? Why do humans, especially Christians.....readily admit to being 'filthy sinners'. What do we do to deserve an eternity of damnation? To look at boobs?
Presumably 'us' means in particular men. Presumably God did not create women or gay men.

c

Moves
24 Jul 15

Originally posted by dominuslatrunculorum
Presumably 'us' means in particular men. Presumably God did not create women or gay men.
God most definitely created women......and most women are outstanding!!!! Why then, would our God punish us for wanting them? It doesn't make sense!!!!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Jul 15

I have read in numerous posts how Christians are SO willing to call themselves 'filthy sinners'......so that they BOAST the need for Jesus. What exactly is sin? To look at a woman's breasts and say 'wow'? What is sin.....and why.....WHY do humans relent to this sin?

God created us. God created us to enjoy women. What exactly is sin anyway? Why do hu ...[text shortened]... sinners'. What do we do to deserve an eternity of damnation? To look at boobs?

What is SIN?
You seem to be obsessed with 'boobs'. Is that the only sin you can think of?

c

Moves
24 Jul 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
You seem to be obsessed with 'boobs'. Is that the only sin you can think of?
No. But, it seems that others are very satisfied with calling themselves 'filthy sinners' and finding GLORY with God over this. What is sin Rajk??? Why do we need to give thanks to Jesus Rak? It is foolish......all of it. Us humans do not do sin as the Bible says.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Jul 15

No. But, it seems that others are very satisfied with calling themselves 'filthy sinners' and finding GLORY with God over this. What is sin Rajk??? Why do we need to give thanks to Jesus Rak? It is foolish......all of it. Us humans do not do sin as the Bible says.
If it is foolish then dont bother working yourself up over it. You might give yourself a heart attack. Just forget it.

c

Moves
24 Jul 15

If it is foolish then dont bother working yourself up over it. You might give yourself a heart attack. Just forget it.
Wrong Rak. Most people fear sin......and have NO idea what sin is. I like your posts, but believe you are ignorant in Bible teaching......as most Christians are. You are ignorant Rak.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Jul 15

Wrong Rak. Most people fear sin......and have NO idea what sin is. I like your posts, but believe you are ignorant in Bible teaching......as most Christians are. You are ignorant Rak.
You like my ignorant posts?

c

Moves
24 Jul 15

You like my ignorant posts?
Yes.....you are ignorant. Why should men go to hell? Cause they looked at tits? The idea of sin is BS. What did humans do exactly to 'earn' hell? They looked at tits? It is absurd.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Jul 15

Yes.....you are ignorant. Why should men go to hell? Cause they looked at tits? The idea of sin is BS. What did humans do exactly to 'earn' hell? They looked at tits? It is absurd.
I guess you will get your chance to ask the right person one good day .. have patience.

c

Moves
24 Jul 15

I guess you will get your chance to ask the right person one good day .. have patience.
Another FALSE Christian. Rajk999 seems to think that insulting other posters is okay with God. You will be in hell, I guess. Because YOU don't know what is sin.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Jul 15

Another FALSE Christian. Rajk999 seems to think that insulting other posters is okay with God. You will be in hell, I guess. Because YOU don't know what is sin.
You sound like you had a bit too much to drink .. go sleep it off.

c

Moves
24 Jul 15

You sound like you had a bit too much to drink .. go sleep it off.
Tell me what SIN is? Tell me why God wants us to repent? Give me something Rak, not just your BS, as I have witnessed. You generally have nothing to say, tell me now.

Cape Town

Moves
24 Jul 15

What is SIN?
It is usually defined as doing something God doesn't want you to do. It is different from 'morally wrong'.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jul 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
It is usually defined as doing something God doesn't want you to do. It is different from 'morally wrong'.
No it is not.

The Euthyphro dilemma is not a dilemma for the Christian because a third aternative exists. When it comes to morality, God does not look toward another standard beside Himself. Nor does He arbitrarily announce what is good by fiat.

If He looked to a higher Governor He would not be God, but the standard beyond Him would be God.

If by fiat He decreed what was good, then real justice would not exist. And therefore real injustice would not either. In that case there is no real reason to complain about badness. It really would not exist. Neither would real goodness.

God's unchanging eternal nature is the unchanging standard of Good. The moral buck stops with His nature. The standard we know as the Moral Law issues out of from the nature of God Himself.