What does Jesus mean to you? or

What does Jesus mean to you? or

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
19 Apr 06

What does Jesus mean to you? or who is Jesus?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
19 Apr 06

Originally posted by RBHILL
Jesus is some guy that probably existed. He is not the Saviour, he is not the Son of God. He did not rise from the dead.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Apr 06

I know He means nothing to you.

R

California

Moves
19 Apr 06

He is my Lord and my Savior.

R

California

Moves
19 Apr 06

Originally posted by Rajk999
I know He means nothing to you.
No need for you to be rude, when I am just asking a simple question when I know it is to difficult for you to think about and give an honest answer.

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
19 Apr 06

Jesus seems to me to be a cumulation of human ideals. Starting with respect for birth/life in the treating of a child as a king, and ending with the example of owning up to your humanness, sacrificing yourself, owning up to your sins and putting your faith in God. Jesus is an example, not merely of how we should treat each other, but how we should treat ourselves. We are all true Children of God, and we all need to sacrifice that which is human, that stuff that we hold most dear, that stuff that keeps us from God.

Of course, the Biblical Jesus more than likely does not match up with the Jesus that perhaps actually walked the earth. Also, the sacrifice as portrayed in the Bible is pretty pathetic as Jesus seems to know that he would be rising in less than three days after his death anyway, so he really lost nothing, especially as the Bible has him occupying his body again. You tell me what he actually lost and then I may buy the Biblical sacrifice.

However, not withstanding the tirade that was the last paragraph, the concept of a god become man, or half god half man, is a common one in the minds of men, and I think my first statement helps to capture that thought. My favorite death of a half man half god has to be that of Heracles, for when he died his human half went to the underworld for punishment, but his divine half went to live at Mt Olympus.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Apr 06

No need for you to be rude, when I am just asking a simple question when I know it is to difficult for you to think about and give an honest answer.
I said that becuase you do not believe in the teachings of Christ. You believe in misinterpreting Paul's teachings.

You are like a stupid lazy shallow-brained employee that believes in sucking up to the boss and praising him etc etc hoping to get a raise. Employees like that are an insult to smart bosses and your beliefs are an insult to Christ, who said clearly that the reward of salvation will go to those who do good works.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
19 Apr 06

To me "Jesus" is a word I use when I'm surprised.
It's quite frequently pre-empted by the word: "Sweet" or the words: "Holy F...ing".

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
19 Apr 06

Originally posted by Rajk999
I said that becuase you do not believe in the teachings of Christ. You believe in misinterpreting Paul's teachings.

You are like a stupid lazy shallow-brained employee that believes in sucking up to the boss and praising him etc etc hoping to get a raise. Employees like that are an insult to smart bosses and your beliefs are an insult to Christ, who said clearly that the reward of salvation will go to those who do good works.
I don't know; when my employees suck up to me, I define that as good work.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Apr 06

Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
I don't know; when my employees suck up to me, I define that as good work.
Youre a pimp !

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
20 Apr 06

The Hero with a Thousand Faces.

l

London

Moves
21 Apr 06

A lot of things - elder brother, friend, confidante, advisor, role model, shepherd, commanding officer.

Maryland

Moves
23 Apr 06

Jesus was a cross dresser.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Apr 06

Originally posted by shavixmir
To me "Jesus" is a word I use when I'm surprised.
It's quite frequently pre-empted by the word: "Sweet" or the words: "Holy F...ing".
Or ending in "H CHRIST"

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
25 Apr 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
A lot of things - elder brother, friend, confidante, advisor, role model, shepherd, commanding officer.
I like this. This is akin to my views. Eloquently put.