was jesus gay?

was jesus gay?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Jan 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes he is, however the bible clearly councils against stimulating a sexual appetite, does it not , in the scripture that i showed you. This is not the same as a proper desire for someone to whom we are married, to whom we make engage in 'love' making', which is an act of giving and leads to happiness and contentment. Those who fantasise about someo ...[text shortened]... hardly, thus it leads to frustration and unhappiness, that is why it is counselled against.
I feel you maybe getting confused.

I can be in love with my girlfriend/wife and still have a sexual appetite for that person. What you seem to be describing is lust, which is completely different from what i described above.

And i fail to see how fantasizing about someone can be labelled 'self-abuse', possibley the strangest thing i've heard all week.

And you still haven't answered my question on capital punishment. How come the JW's are neutral with regards to this issue, even though it is clear in the Bible. Yet you take a view on homosexuality?!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jan 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
To keep denying this is dishonest. Open your eyes so that you may see.
As blind as a Jehovah Witness .. thats what they say. 😀

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jan 10
1 edit

..the bible also does not mention smoking but it is also considered a sin. ..
Smoking is a sin?
Says who?

rc

Moves
16 Jan 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
Smoking is a sin?
Says who?
i would elucidate the matter for you, but you would need spiritual comprehension to discern it, you have none, it would therefore be a futile act, sorry, but well you know, principles are principles and need thinking about.

rc

Moves
16 Jan 10
2 edits

As blind as a Jehovah Witness .. thats what they say. 😀
when you people are preaching and teaching others about the good news of Gods Kingdom, as commanded by the Christ, you may have recourse to call others beliefs into question, we are the ones DOING the will of the father, until you do so, i consider you as plastic, or as Christ himself stated, weeds!

rc

Moves
16 Jan 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I feel you maybe getting confused.

I can be in love with my girlfriend/wife and still have a sexual appetite for that person. What you seem to be describing is lust, which is completely different from what i described above.

And i fail to see how fantasizing about someone can be labelled 'self-abuse', possibley the strangest thing i've heard all we ...[text shortened]... to this issue, even though it is clear in the Bible. Yet you take a view on homosexuality?!
no, there is no confusion, i have given you an illustration, please think about it. Also sex outwit marriage is condemned, its termed fornication, you really should marry the girl Noobster. What has capital punishment got to do with anything? It is up to the secular governments to make laws, we, as Jehovahs Witnesses are A-political, it is nothing to do with us how they administer their laws, we are merely counselled to obey the laws.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jan 10

i would elucidate the matter for you, but you would need spiritual comprehension to discern it, you have none, it would therefore be a futile act, sorry, but well you know, principles are principles and need thinking about.
I see. Its just an order from the High Council of JW Org.
I understand .. you cant think for yourself neither are you allowed to question them.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jan 10

when you people are preaching and teaching others about the good news of Gods Kingdom, as commanded by the Christ, you may have recourse to call others beliefs into question, we are the ones DOING the will of the father, until you do so, i consider you as plastic, or as Christ himself stated, weeds!
Spoken like a true Pharisee !! 😀

rc

Moves
16 Jan 10

Spoken like a true Pharisee !! 😀
no, the Pharisees also would not lift a finger to help the people spiritually, that is why Christ says of the people they were skinned and thrown about, like a sheep without a shepherd.

rc

Moves
16 Jan 10
1 edit

I see. Its just an order from the High Council of JW Org.
I understand .. you cant think for yourself neither are you allowed to question them.
no its not an order, its based on biblical principles, which need discernment and thinking ability, as well as spiritual comprehension. Are you sure you are ready to engage your mind and think about a principle, mostly it seems to me, from your posts, you are merely concerned with laws.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jan 10

no its not an order, its based on biblical principles, which need discernment and thinking ability, as well as spiritual comprehension. Are you sure you are ready to engage your mind and think about a principle, mostly it seems to me, from your posts, you are merely concerned with laws.
Im concerned with the doctrine preached by Christ becuase:

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith ... I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Joh 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Christ has the words of eternal life.
So explain to me why smoking is a sin using whatever principles you can gather from what Christ preached. Otherwise Im not interested.

rc

Moves
16 Jan 10
1 edit

Im concerned with the doctrine preached by Christ becuase:

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith ... I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Joh 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Christ has the words of eternal life.
So explain to me why smoking is a sin using whatever principles you can gather from what Christ preached. Otherwise Im not interested.
has thinkofone converted you to consider only the teachings of Jesus and negate the rest of the Bible, a very convenient stance to take if you are willing to try to assert something that is not found within the teachings of Christ, but is mentioned elsewhere, well well, he has a convert, how interesting. If you are not interested in Biblical principles, i.e. those also found out with the teachings of Jesus, then neither am i interested in elucidating to you their import. have a nice day.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Jan 10

has thinkofone converted you to consider only the teachings of Jesus and negate the rest of the Bible, a very convenient stance to take if you are willing to try to assert something that is not found within the teachings of Christ, but is mentioned elsewhere, well well, he has a convert, how interesting. If you are not interested in Biblical princip ...[text shortened]... ngs of Jesus, then neither am i interested in elucidating to you their import. have a nice day.
Salvation comes from following the commandments of Christ. There is no other way. If you rather be a Bible scholar then go for it. Good Luck.

rc

Moves
17 Jan 10

Salvation comes from following the commandments of Christ. There is no other way. If you rather be a Bible scholar then go for it. Good Luck.
yes, that is correct, however Christ himself states that salvation comes from 'doing the will of the father'. please think about that. do you know of, or can you think of, any biblical scriptures that might have a bearing on smoking?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Jan 10

yes, that is correct, however Christ himself states that salvation comes from 'doing the will of the father'. please think about that. do you know of, or can you think of, any biblical scriptures that might have a bearing on smoking?
The will of Christ is the will of God his Father. You must at least know that.

Christ said what goes into a man does not defile him. It is what comes out of the man that defiles him. Smoking is irrelevant and its just another petty law by the fanatical Pharisical JWs that have influenced your thinking.

Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mat 15:10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Mat 15:15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.
Mat 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.