Vedanta Sutra

Vedanta Sutra

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Oct 11

Originally posted by Dasa
I will never get into a debate about abortion.

But the Veda does not support it.
It's just logical to conclude that you are against abortion, and with a sound reason, which is that you belive that the person is born when they are concieved, a view shared by other spirtual folk. To me the person is not born until they come into the world - they a not a real person when they are still in utero,hence I dont believe abortion is murder, even of I think that the process of becomiong a person has already started. It's grey area, to be sure

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
04 Oct 11
2 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
It's just logical to conclude that you are against abortion, and with a sound reason, which is that you belive that the person is born when they are concieved, a view shared by other spirtual folk. To me the person is not born until they come into the world - they a not a real person when they are still in utero,hence I dont believe abortion is murder, ...[text shortened]... I think that the process of becomiong a person has already started. It's grey area, to be sure
I have never said the person is born at the time of conception.

However I did say that the soul enters the womb by way of the semen - thus causing conception to take place and that is the beginning of the new life.

The soul has been given this opportunity for human life and it is important not to interfere with that process.