Vedanta exsplains everything.

Vedanta exsplains everything.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
18 Oct 10

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
why is vedanta perfect? why is my assumption that any teaching can be improved incorrect?
Your teaching of your "two times table" cannot be improved.

Two plus two will always be 4, and never can be improved.

This is just a material example, to show you that your logic is incorrect, but this happens when one has a fault finding attitude.

You fault find because you come to the forum, to make disturbance.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
19 Oct 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Your teaching of your "two times table" cannot be improved.

Two plus two will always be 4, and never can be improved.

This is just a material example, to show you that your logic is incorrect, but this happens when one has a fault finding attitude.

You fault find because you come to the forum, to make disturbance.
When you have absolute mathematical axioms where all the information is available, then you certainly can have an answer which does not change.

If there are too many unknown variables, then the best you can do is create models which fit your observations.

That is why scientific process has the concept of conjecture, hypothesis and theory.

Vedenta not only has too many unknown variables, it does not even fit observations. At best it is rejected conjecture.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
19 Oct 10

Originally posted by lausey
When you have absolute mathematical axioms where all the information is available, then you certainly can have an answer which does not change.

If there are too many unknown variables, then the best you can do is create models which fit your observations.

That is why scientific process has the concept of conjecture, hypothesis and theory.

Vedenta not ...[text shortened]... oo many unknown variables, it does not even fit observations. At best it is rejected conjecture.
Material apparatus cannot detect spiritual substance.

Spiritual apparatus can however detect spiritual substance.

The spiritual apparatus is a persons purified mind and intelligence.

With this purified mind and intelligence, a person can perceive the truth of the soul and God.

Dishonest people, do not desire to purify their mind and intelligence, and therefore cannot perceive the truth of the soul and God.

In this defective state, the person boldly states that there is no soul or God.

We dont listen to these people.

Lausey, will you submit yourself to the necessary process of purifying your mind and intelligence, so you may perceive your own soul and God.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
19 Oct 10

Material apparatus cannot detect spiritual substance.

Spiritual apparatus can however detect spiritual substance.

The spiritual apparatus is a persons purified mind and intelligence.

With this purified mind and intelligence, a person can perceive the truth of the soul and God.

Dishonest people, do not desire to purify their mind and intellige ...[text shortened]... sary process of purifying your mind and intelligence, so you may perceive your own soul and God.
What does purifying the mind and intelligence entail?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
20 Oct 10

What does purifying the mind and intelligence entail?
There is a process for raising the consciousness to achieve spiritual understanding, and the first requirement is to have a strong desire to understand what is God, and what is your relationship to God, and you must be willing to give a much greater part of your time in this endeavor

So firstly so we dont waste each others time.....do you have the first requirement?

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
20 Oct 10

There is a process for raising the consciousness to achieve spiritual understanding, and the first requirement is to have a strong desire to understand what is God, and what is your relationship to God, and you must be willing to give a much greater part of your time in this endeavor

So firstly so we dont waste each others time.....do you have the first requirement?
As to avoid wasting each other's time, the answer is "No".

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
20 Oct 10

As to avoid wasting each other's time, the answer is "No".
A while ago, someone asked a question, and after i gave a detailed answer, they responded saying Quote: "I didn't think that you really would answer the question because i dont want to hear that blah blah",....so you see!
I was prepared to go into a full description of the process, but before typing three pages, I had to ask if you are sincere first.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
20 Oct 10

A while ago, someone asked a question, and after i gave a detailed answer, they responded saying Quote: "I didn't think that you really would answer the question because i dont want to hear that blah blah",....so you see!
I was prepared to go into a full description of the process, but before typing three pages, I had to ask if you are sincere first.
You are suggesting that I am insincere, which implies that I am dishonest.

Your definition of "purity" is vastly different to mine. It is highly subjective, hence why I asked the question to gather what your definition is.

You suggesting what the "first requirement" is was enough to give me information about how you see it. Basically, that you subscribe to wishy washy concepts which have little substance.

I have no interest in understanding a fantasy, hence why I answered, "No". Yet you imply that you are superior to me because you subscribe to this fantasy.

To me, purity of mind and intelligence does not mean anything.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
20 Oct 10

You are suggesting that I am insincere, which implies that I am dishonest.

Your definition of "purity" is vastly different to mine. It is highly subjective, hence why I asked the question to gather what your definition is.

You suggesting what the "first requirement" is was enough to give me information about how you see it. Basically, that you subscribe ...[text shortened]... bscribe to this fantasy.

To me, purity of mind and intelligence does not mean anything.
You are being dishonest again, because you infer that purity of mind and intelligence means nothing to you, but this is not true....because it does mean something to you, because you asked me directly "What does purifying the mind and intelligence entail"....and that implies that it means something to you.

You are agitated, because I picked up, that you where trying to bait me with an insincere question, and I do not want to waste my time with that game playing..

So we wont talk about this again OK.

AH

Moves
20 Oct 10

You are being dishonest again, because you infer that purity of mind and intelligence means nothing to you, but this is not true....because it does mean something to you, because you asked me directly "What does purifying the mind and intelligence entail"....and that implies that it means something to you.

You are agitated, because I picked up, that y ...[text shortened]... do not want to waste my time with that game playing..

There you go again; calling someone “dishonest” just because you don't like what they have to say.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
20 Oct 10
1 edit

You are agitated, because I picked up, that y ...[text shortened]... do not want to waste my time with that game playing..

I asked the question, because I wanted to understand what *you* meant by purifying of the mind and intelligence. Hence asking what it involved. To me, "pure" means something that is homogeneous. Mind and intelligence cannot be homogeneous. There are, of course, other definitions, like a synonym for virginity etc, but I doubt that is what you meant.

So when you mentioned that it required a strong desire to understanding God, it clarified that your view is completely different from mine, and I have no interest in going down that route.

Z

Moves
20 Oct 10

do you not find vishva tiring? like robbie used to be? like joseph and freaky are right now?

can any of you envision a way to get through to him?

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
20 Oct 10

do you not find vishva tiring? like robbie used to be? like joseph and freaky are right now?

Yes, very tiring.

I have no interest in converting Vishva to atheism, just point out the fundamental flaws in his posts. 🙂

It appears to be a mission to convert the rest of us to his way of thinking though. 😛

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
20 Oct 10

I asked the question, because I wanted to understand what *you* meant by purifying of the mind and intelligence. Hence asking what it involved. To me, "pure" means something that is homogeneous. Mind and intelligence cannot be homogeneous. There are, of course, other definitions, like a synonym for virginity etc, but I doubt that is what you meant.

So when ...[text shortened]... your view is completely different from mine, and I have no interest in going down that route.
lausey, You new that the context of what we were discussing, was the raising of the spiritual consciousness/ God, and so on.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Oct 10

Yes

Robbie has improved, but still has his agenda

Joseph remains funny and my fave/unfave theist

Freaky is real wordy and...screw him.

Any more feedback on other posters?Seriously, this forum is starting to get a bit silly. More than usual. I'm getting less out of Vishy and taco where they want to be giving me more. I was a bit like that when I first got on here, now I really want to know who I'm conversing with. Blanket statements get no one nowhere...(I was going to say "fast" but...)

Hope you guys have a sense of humour. Here's a smiley 😀