True Age of the Earth

True Age of the Earth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
If it makes no difference to you, then don't discuss it. It makes a difference to me because it is part of science and the age of the earth is an important part of the history of the universe and the earth and thus an important part of science. It is the sort of thing that should be part of general knowledge for almost everyone.
It is also the sort of th ...[text shortened]... that they are forced to accept large quantities of science just to survive in the modern world.
Good post.
Why YEC's cant accept that the Earth is about 4.5 million years old is somewhat incomprehensible, in this so-called age of reason.
Yes, the scientific community has a pack mentality but it is not nearly as "hard" as the pack mentality amongst christians (YEC's).

Science does not have an agenda except for finding the truth in the world and creating a picture - huge and small- for us less intelligent people so that we may share in the truths that are becoming uncovered nearly everyday. Just look at all those posts that sonhouse (and others) diligently post in the science forum. The view of the world is changing very quickly, in some very major ways. I would even say that if these monkey scientists could inject a bit of imagination into their work, we would discover even more.

(Of course the human psyche can only take so much at a time.)

YEC's have a very direct, very obvious agenda.

Imagine if the world was ruled by one book? Because that is the picture that I am getting from a lot of YEC's posts.
Scary stuff. No. We must remain diverse, open to new ideas and conceive of plans for the Earth that extend beyond presidential terms 😛

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
The only damage done would be to the theory of evolution, which is, as Dasa would say, false science anyway. Evolution is a fairy tale for grownups and not science at all. It is a bad influence on scientists, who try to adjust their figures to fit into the evolutionary model, so that they do not have to put up with criticism from all those scientists who want to believe in evolution so badly. 😏
Do you actually read and comprehend posts around here? Using Dasa as a back-up is fought with danger. It's as if you were reading a different forum sometimes.
Helleluyah!! Glory be to "God" !! 😏

(just trying to communicate in your language)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Jun 12
2 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
It's absolutely amazing how such clear BS can come from you YEC's. You figure all you have to do to destroy 150 years of solid science is to say It Ain't So Cause God Did It.

You can grouse about all you want but it is clear you and your buddies are in the vast minority of people whose minds are so closed they can't and you can't think your yourselves a es and moon landing deniers. You are in, and always will be, in the far fringe of society.
There are many ufo conspiracies. I think most (80-90% have little or no truth) of them are bunkem, and the remainder have been discreditted by certain forces.
If fact thinking in terms of "U.F.O." or "alien" automatically sets one of on a wild goose chase that bears no fruit, except for the odd anomoly - hardly enough to constitute any real; scientific truth.

The only "aliens" I am concerned with are the ones whom I have had telepathic contact with me when I was about 24 or so. I had a series of "awakenings"(maybe 12 or so), and at one stage could not do anything, like have a cup of tea at a friends. The walls would just fall away and I would be interacting with these invisible forces that could communicate intelligently THROUGH just about anything. Especially living things like pets. I feel like they were doing some sort of "job" on me. I could feel "ticking" in my head-as if something were being implanted.
Anyway, enough of that.

What I tend to find is that the most unrealistic stories are often the truest - or so my experience tells me. I have read many accounts of abduction, etc. but I have only come across a hanbdful of stories that resembeled that which I experienced - and even then not exactly.
So I am alone in a sense with this "knowledge" which seems to be good for nothing in this world.

I believe in a story of a huge "ark" made of light and intelligent energies,etc. It is for us. We are them as well,

It is at this point that I go back to meditating - if I can 🙂

edit: I am reminded that certain friends of mine on here would advise me not to be so candid as I set myself for a barrage of questions that I cant answer, for one.
In other posters eyes , no doubt I seem much less credible than if I didn't post this stuff.

But it's not like I plague the forum with it or anything, and in terms of a final answer to these "mysterious events" that have haunted my life , but made perfect sense in the dreamworld... I am still in search of some real answers in the waking world, still working away at something that only I (and 1 or 2 others 😉 ) understand 🙂.

and I dont really give a rats about people not liking me for what I say. I am at peace with myself and there isn't anything, not even the threat of death ,lol, that could disturb that peace

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Do you actually read and comprehend posts around here? Using Dasa as a back-up is fought with danger. It's as if you were reading a different forum sometimes.
Helleluyah!! Glory be to "God" !! 😏

(just trying to communicate in your language)
I try to comprehend those posts that seem interesting. Others, I only pick out certain things that make me feel like commenting on and ignore the rest of the post. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 12

There are many ufo conspiracies. I think most (80-90% have little or no truth) of them are bunkem, and the remainder have been discreditted by certain forces.
If fact thinking in terms of "U.F.O." or "alien" automatically sets one of on a wild goose chase that bears no fruit, except for the odd anomoly - hardly enough to constitute any real; scientifi ...[text shortened]... anything, not even the threat of death ,lol, that could disturb that peace
The real UFO sightings that I am aware of were the testing of classified military aircraft. None of them proved to be from another world. But I can not say for sure that some might have been.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
19 Jun 12

I try to comprehend those posts that seem interesting. Others, I only pick out certain things that make me feel like commenting on and ignore the rest of the post. 🙄
you only pick up on thing that reinforce your ignorance.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
you only pick up on thing that reinforce your ignorance.
No, I ignore the ignorance. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

Moves
20 Jun 12

There are many discoveries in modern science that are proving the theory of evolution false. They have discovered that we do go back to two common ancestors a few thousand years ago, not millions of years. These common ancestors are a man and a women just like it says in the Holy Bible.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,201908,00.html

The discover ...[text shortened]... very of such great complexity in life.

http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/origin-of-life.html
You obviously did not read the article you reference since the author of the book claims to have traced our common ancestors back to over 100,000 years:
"It's a mathematical certainty that that person existed," said science journalist Steve Olson, whose 2002 book "Mapping Human History" traces the history of the species since its origins in Africa more than 100,000 years ago.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,201908,00.html#ixzz1yIcCSQ2s

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by kbear1k
You obviously did not read the article you reference since the author of the book claims to have traced our common ancestors back to over 100,000 years:
"It's a mathematical certainty that that person existed," said science journalist Steve Olson, whose 2002 book "Mapping Human History" traces the history of the species since its origins in Africa more than ...[text shortened]... 0 years ago.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,201908,00.html#ixzz1yIcCSQ2s
Yes, I read that. I have already been saying those long ages that man assigns to things are only guesses and bad ones at that. That was not the point of my posting that link. If you had any common sense and would get your head out of your arse, you would have known that, numbnuts!

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Jun 12

If fact thinking in terms of "U.F.O." or "alien" automatically sets one of on a wild goose chase that bears no fruit, except for the odd anomoly - hardly enough to constitute any real; scientifi ...[text shortened]... anything, not even the threat of death ,lol, that could disturb that peace
Those kind of mysterious events happen to you alone, they don't connect to the rest of the world so would be meaningful to you alone. I would assume if you were in a room with other people, those others would not have seen what you saw.

It is an individual experience like Paul seeing the burning bush, you could explain it till you are blue in the face and nobody could understand what really happened.

If such an event happened to two or more people at the same time, that would be a different story.

I think it's brave of you to recount your experience.

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Those kind of mysterious events happen to you alone, they don't connect to the rest of the world so would be meaningful to you alone. I would assume if you were in a room with other people, those others would not have seen what you saw.

It is an individual experience like Paul seeing the burning bush, you could explain it till you are blue in the face an ...[text shortened]... ime, that would be a different story.

I think it's brave of you to recount your experience.
"If such an event happened to two or more people at the same time, that would be a different story."

Actually no, it doesn't matter how many people share the event, it's still not remotely convincing.

I would look at Aaron Rah's video's where he talks about at various times having shared experiences
with a dozen or so people where they saw demons or imps or all kinds of whacky stuff and yet now
not one of them believes any of it actually happened and they are all atheists.

People can see just about anything if they work themselves up enough (drugs can help but are not
needed) and people can have shared delusions really quite easily.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
"If such an event happened to two or more people at the same time, that would be a different story."

Actually no, it doesn't matter how many people share the event, it's still not remotely convincing.

I would look at Aaron Rah's video's where he talks about at various times having shared experiences
with a dozen or so people where they saw demons ...[text shortened]... s can help but are not
needed) and people can have shared delusions really quite easily.
Why don't you try it and see what kind of delusions you atheist can share.

Moves
20 Jun 12

Why don't you try it and see what kind of delusions you atheist can share.
Because unlike you I do care about the truth and reality.

I care about evidence and reason.

You don't.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
Because unlike you I do care about the truth and reality.

I care about evidence and reason.

You don't.
You apparently don't care about anything but your opinions. That is not science. You do not present evidence with reason. And how can it be truth when it comes from a numbnuts?

Moves
20 Jun 12
1 edit

You apparently don't care about anything but your opinions. That is not science. You do not present evidence with reason. And how can it be truth when it comes from a numbnuts?
Well as you are the biggest numbnuts here you have just voided everything you have and will ever say.

Congratulations, you have finally realised you are talking nonsense.