1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 19:20
    Does anyone know how many have been put to death for not accepting the trinity from it's Nicene conception?
    Could this happen again because of a religious belief?
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 20:251 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Does anyone know how many have been put to death for not accepting the trinity from it's Nicene conception?
    Execute someone for having the wrong religious belief? We'd never do anything like that!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 21:11
    Calvin burned Michael Servetus because he produced a pamphlet on the errors of the trinity.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 22:53
    Letters from Mary Dana (1845) Letter 17

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/1/letters-from-mary-dana-1845-letter-17
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 00:04
    Any religious controversy can result in violence but I seriously doubt that contemporary Trinitarians would be capable of enforcing executions against non-Trinitarians. Or do you think there is something particular about the Trinity that would induce feelings of violence?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 04:56
    ZERO
  7. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 06:24
    I would say there are many more threads posted by people trying to stir up controversey against Trinitarians, than there were people put to death for simply disagreeing with Trinitarians.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 06:50
    Could this happen again?

Of course.

When the AntiChrist comes to power, Christians will be told to deny Christ and worship him instead. Those who refuse will be put to death, probably by beheading. I call it the Christian Holocaust because it will result in many more deaths than the estimated six million Jews who died because of Adolph Hitler's Final Solution.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 18:351 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Could this happen again?

Of course.

When the AntiChrist comes to power, Christians will be told to deny Christ and worship him instead. Those who refuse will be put to death, probably by beheading. I call it the Christian Holocaust because it will result in many more deaths than the estimated six million Jews who died because of Adolph Hitler's Final Solution.
    Actually the question is referring to ones who call themselves Christians killing others who also claim to be Christians but believe differently such as many did after the trinity had become doctrine.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 18:38
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I would say there are many more threads posted by people trying to stir up controversey against Trinitarians, than there were people put to death for simply disagreeing with Trinitarians.
    Actually there were thousands killed for not accepting the beliefs of the church fathers during that time "the dark ages" and for hundreds of years afterwards. It was not just the trinity but other beliefs were also not accepted.
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 02:27
    What's pathethic but ironically funny is that this will get turned into a I'm a poor victim thread watch and see.

Manny
    PS: not all who believe in the trinity are going to kill those who do not
    maybe in the dark ages as you say
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 02:37
    Originally posted by menace71
    What's pathethic but ironically funny is that this will get turned into a I'm a poor victim thread watch and see.

Manny
    PS: not all who believe in the trinity are going to kill those who do not
    maybe in the dark ages as you say
    Are you just beyond having an adult conversation anymore or is your direction in life to eradicate the JW's off the planet or just be a jerk?

We are not the ones who support this unbiblical doctrine and certainly not the ones who have killed anyone because they believe differently.

You personally may not ever kill another because of their faith, "I hope", but the founders of your beliefs certainly did and many still would kill given the chance.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 04:31
    Actually there were thousands killed for not accepting the beliefs of the church fathers during that time "the dark ages" and for hundreds of years afterwards. It was not just the trinity but other beliefs were also not accepted.
    There was no one put to death for not accepting the Trinity Doctrine. There were some that were declare heretics for preaching contrary beliefs from the Trinity Doctrine and excommunicated. But there were some put to death for not accepting Arianism. Arianism is what the Jehovah's Witnesses teach now. 😏
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 15:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There was no one put to death for not accepting the Trinity Doctrine. There were some that were declare heretics for preaching contrary beliefs from the Trinity Doctrine and excommunicated. But there were some put to death for not accepting Arianism. Arianism is what the Jehovah's Witnesses teach now. 😏
    Yes there was and you know it. And yes we do know Jesus was created as the Bible cleary states.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 01:05
    Actually the question is referring to ones who call themselves Christians killing others who also claim to be Christians but believe differently such as many did after the trinity had become doctrine.
    This is why I tell you to just spit it out, instead of withholding info in your initial "looking for a fight" post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree