This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jun '09 11:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    please what are the tenets of your religion and on what basis were they formulated, also what do you hope to achieve through the adoption of this approach? this is not an accusation of heresy as is the norm on the spirituality forum, just one of interest. 🙂
    1.To experience and learn everything this life has to teach me(childhood,spiriuality as i know it , other peoples stuff, every little nuance i can find,etc,etc)
    2. Get enlightened!
    (this is th short version. A lot of my ideas are easily picked up and dropped so its quite fluid. hard to express in words but definately unique. my religion. not anyone elses. A bit of a hotch-potch like hinduism)
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '09 11:461 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    1.To experience and learn everything this life has to teach me(childhood,spiriuality as i know it , other peoples stuff, every little nuance i can find,etc,etc)
    2. Get enlightened!
    (this is th short version. A lot of my ideas are easily picked up and dropped so its quite fluid. hard to express in words but definately unique. my religion. not anyone elses. A bit of a hotch-potch like hinduism)
    its quite interesting! what if i may ask is enlightenment? or should i more appropriately say what does it mean to you? is it the same as wisdom? (wisdom being the application of knowledge as I understand it)
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jun '09 12:33
    its quite interesting! what if i may ask is enlightenment? or should i more appropriately say what does it mean to you? is it the same as wisdom? (wisdom being the application of knowledge as I understand it)
    um no , not wisdom. that comes under no.1

Enlightenment is ...well surley you know or have an inkling.
    I think one bhuddist inerpretation is 'extinguish(ment?)'
    Like to extinguish your ego and have it absorbed into the greater being of God.
    (geez!, i should have inverted commas around nearly every noun I type. A little troubling but I cant stop now)
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '09 13:011 edit
    um no , not wisdom. that comes under no.1

Enlightenment is ...well surley you know or have an inkling.
    I think one bhuddist inerpretation is 'extinguish(ment?)'
    Like to extinguish your ego and have it absorbed into the greater being of God.
    (geez!, i should have inverted commas around nearly every noun I type. A little troubling but I cant stop now)
    please i am only aware of these things, like you perhaps, from my own experience, from what i have read and from conversation with others. what i know of Buddhism is that mediation plays a crucial role in helping the adherent to overcome his ego, is this not the case? if so, why is this important, why is the ego so repressive that it needs to be shed off, is it illusionary or is it as i understand it, likely to mislead the adherent, for what i understand of Buddhism is that it was in essence mainly concerned with the abolition of desire, for it was reckoned that if one could eliminate desire, then one could overcome or transcend the self. of course this is only part of it, for as you are aware there is the right path, right thoughts etc etc etc.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jun '09 13:12
    please i am only aware of these things, like you perhaps, from my own experience, from what i have read and from conversation with others. what i know of Buddhism is that mediation plays a crucial role in helping the adherent to overcome his ego, is this not the case? if so, why is this important, why is the ego so repressive that it needs to be she ...[text shortened]... is is only part of it, for as you are aware there is the right path, right thoughts etc etc etc.
    Yes exactly what you wrote but in my religion I would make a distintinction as regards to meditation.
    (oh God,the words...)
    Ok,here goes: It is not helpful to think that you are meditating.
    it is better to 'aquire' the CONTINUOS idea that you are meditating all the time.
    So there is no meditating and not meditating.
    just a gradual increase of awareness . A constant meditation (however impossible this may seem)
    The term I use is "keeping one eye one the prize"at all times
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 20:23
    Why should everyone start their own religion there's only ONE TRUE ONE anyway?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 21:53
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Why should everyone start their own religion there's only ONE TRUE ONE anyway?
    to see how much we can use our imaginations.
    You do have one of those right?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Jun '09 10:34
    please i am only aware of these things, like you perhaps, from my own experience, from what i have read and from conversation with others. what i know of Buddhism is that mediation plays a crucial role in helping the adherent to overcome his ego, is this not the case? if so, why is this important, why is the ego so repressive that it needs to be she ...[text shortened]... is is only part of it, for as you are aware there is the right path, right thoughts etc etc etc.
    I did not answer you fully robbie.
    (i know you were just asking me stuff to get a public forum going...right?)
    Just on the 'abolition of desire'
    As much it is self-will to get over desire it also seems to be an inherited thing.
    Like your past lives have been dripping drops of water on to a wall of ignorance. And in this life you may only be a few more drops away from...Ahh!
    Like many monks have meditated many lifetimes for you to come into being and complete the...the quest they all started long ago.
    Like so many hindus have chanted hare krsna, and they have left this life for you to chant it just a couple of more times.

Anyway... So .. Desire is abolished through the ' extinguishment' of desire. Which only happens when you're plain bored with this life and you just naturally Stop desiring. Because it no longer holds any appeal.
    peace🙂
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Jul '09 13:18
    1. This is our first life.

2. "Like many monks have meditated many lifetimes for you to come into being" I hope you aren't saying that the monks made him come into being or something.

3. Then when you stop desiring your "desire" is to stop desiring.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jul '09 14:10
    1. This is our first life.

2. "Like many monks have meditated many lifetimes for you to come into being" I hope you aren't saying that the monks made him come into being or something.

3. Then when you stop desiring your "desire" is to stop desiring.
    1.this might be your first life by the sounds of it, but ..nah..you have too much conviction. just like a good monk.
    2.Everything is a result of karma on one level.
    3.Like I said you stop desiring when you get plain bored with it and division naturally ceases in your mind.
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Jul '09 14:15
    1. It is my first life just like it is yours
    2. What about God?
    3. Have you reached that level?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 10:061 edit
    1. It is my first life just like it is yours
    2. What about God?
    3. Have you reached that level?
    1.So my life is not connected to any others?
    2.God(as we understand 'Him'😉 is 'above' the Law of Karma. 'He' resides in 'The Law of Grace'
    3.No. I would never lie about such a thing.
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 19:40
    1.So my life is not connected to any others?
    2.God(as we understand 'Him'😉 is 'above' the Law of Karma. 'He' resides in 'The Law of Grace'
    3.No. I would never lie about such a thing.
    1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Well if you think it's possible, then how would it be, know you already explained some but could you please explain the process more?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 00:441 edit
    1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Well if you think it's possible, then how would it be, know you already explained some but could you please explain the process more?
    1.i agree to disagree. no point in pushing this one(btw i don't mean physically)
    2.cool
    3.I'm sure blackbeetle or someone has explained this type of process better than I. My basic contention is that you cannot get rid of desire until you are completely bored with the subject being desired.
    eg. I read that the famous spiritual dude Gurdjeff allowed his followers to drink alcohol. They would drink and drink until they could drink no more. At that point Gurdjeff would 'make' them have another drink. Apparently this induced some sort of 'religous' experience in the followers.(no wolves they weren't just drunk,but infer what you will)
    sounds weird,but I dont deny the possibility

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree