This is why I preach

This is why I preach

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
03 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Wulebgr
I read almost everything you write here. Very little makes any sense. I don't object to the preaching of conservative xtians who write clearly and coherently. You don't see me attacking KellyJay, do you?
You called my consciousness “mass multiplied by a multiple of the speed of light” 😳:'(

Oh wait…I’m not a conservative xtian…never mind. 🙂

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that he is the one ordained by God to be judge of the living and the dead.
oh I thought it was because you get extra halo miles, or something😵

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
04 Nov 05

Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that he is the one ordained by God to be judge of the living and the dead.
Well....preach?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Nov 05

How a Christian needs to live to be a "witness".

Col 4:5-6
5 Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time.
6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.
(NKJ)

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
04 Nov 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
How a Christian needs to live to be a "witness".

Col 4:5-6
5 Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time.
6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.
(NKJ)
Being a Christian involves getting abused by those who disagree with what you believe.If you deal with this the correct way as Jesus would you gain a present for each time on arrival into heaven.🙂.If deal the wrong way that is one present you miss out on:'( and you may go a bit🙄.Who knows mabey Jesus has to build big mansions for some of the people here as they are so wealthy.Soooo... preach.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
04 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
You are right. There are those that want that soft feel good message. A message that does warn of a price to pay for sin. A lot of Christians as well, like to hear a feel good prosperity message.
Nope. He's wrong. Neither of you have any evidence or reason to accuse and affirm that I seek a "feel good" message that requires no sacrifice. You lack this evidence not only because you do not know me, but also because such evidence does not exist.

Make no mistake about it: in my community and my station in life, nothing would be easier than to embrace the Christian gospel. Most of my family, friends, and coworkers are Christians, and my employment status could improve if I were to proclaim Christ. The path I follow has been a difficult one, but it has brought me more peace than I ever knew as a believer.

You also mistake nearly everything that I have posted in these forums when you confuse the messenger and the message. Not once in these forums have I criticized a Christian for his or her faith. Rather, I have been clear only that I do not share that faith, and I have criticized supposed manifestations of that faith that reveal themselves as neither biblical, nor rational.

That is, I have criticized young earth Creationism and other attacks on science. I have assaulted literalist hermeneutics and other forms of Scripture twisting. I have registered my disgust that stems from observing systemic failures in fundamental communication skills on the part of those who represent themselves as ambassadors for Christ. I have cried against these and other manifestations that are not of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and that are not manifestations of the Holy Spirit, but that are reflections of a culture and an attitude that is arrogantly anti-intellectual.

I have no doubt that God takes no pleasure in resistance to cognitive thought by those who claim to know him.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
04 Nov 05

Isn't there a verse in the bible that states that all followers of Jesus should follow in his tracks?

I'll supply the chunks of wood and the nails.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
04 Nov 05
2 edits

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Nope. He's wrong. Neither of you have any evidence or reason to accuse and affirm that I seek a "feel good" message that requires no sacrifice. You lack this evidence not only because you do not know me, but also because such evidence does not exist.

Make no mistake about it: in my community and my station in life, nothing would be easier than to embra ...[text shortened]... bt that God takes no pleasure in resistance to cognitive thought by those who claim to know him.
While the overwhelming majority of the content in this forum is pure tripe, one comes across a few gems, enough to make continuing to slog through these pages a worthwhile and not merely amusing endeavor. Your post is one such gem, particularly your final observation.

One of my favorite quotes ever:

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason,
and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo

W
Angler

River City

Moves
04 Nov 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
While the overwhelming majority of the content in this forum is pure tripe, ...

One of my favorite quotes ever:

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason,
and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo
Tripe indeed. Thanks.

Of course, most Christains live a little more in the spirit of Galileo than the spirit of the RHP God Squad.