Theist logic

Theist logic

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Don't be so down on the chimps. Banjo may be out of their league, but they can cook up some wicked percussion.
I agree. Also good at working out puzzles. And using sticks to eat ants...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Jan 06

DrScribbles is apparently wrong; if these creatures can play banjos I think chimps can.

http://ilng.imaginationshopsite.co.uk/Files/ilng/clientimages/Splash_pages/Miscellaneous.gif

Maybe we just haven't made a sufficient economic offer.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
DrScribbles is apparently wrong; if these creatures can play banjos I think chimps can.

http://ilng.imaginationshopsite.co.uk/Files/ilng/clientimages/Splash_pages/Miscellaneous.gif

Maybe we just haven't made a sufficient economic offer.
If only I knew precisely what you were looking for when you found this.................

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Jan 06
2 edits

Originally posted by Nemesio
If only I knew precisely what you were looking for when you found this.................
"Chimps playing banjos".

Apparently in season 10 of the Simpsons, episode 17 there's a bunch of TV screens with a monkey playing a banjo but I couldn't find a picture.

http://www.snpp.com/guides/simian.refs.html

EDIT: Of course, a monkey isn't a chimp; I don't want to confuse CE any worse than he is now.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
"Chimps playing banjos".

Apparently in season 10 of the Simpsons, episode 17 there's a bunch of TV screens with a monkey playing a banjo but I couldn't find a picture.

http://www.snpp.com/guides/simian.refs.html

EDIT: Of course, a monkey isn't a chimp; I don't want to confuse CE any worse than he is now.
LOL

l

London

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
For 500 years people believed the world was flat. They were wrong.
Just to point out - that the earth was not flat was well-known to educated people since the 9th cent. or so onwards.

l

London

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by DragonFriend
What is the spiritual equivalent of basic math? The Bible. Trusting the Bible is like trusting your basic math skills.
I disagree here. Trusting the Bible as an authentic source of Divine Wisdom is at the level of calculus - there are a number of steps that go before.

l

London

Moves
13 Jan 06

Why can't the concept of god evolve, in the way that true stories become exagerated?
Evolve - from what?

l

London

Moves
13 Jan 06

You are making the implication that the story of god is not true, not I. I don't believe it is, but that's my opinion. The point is that stories that we know to be true, tend with telling and re-telling to become exagerated. Like chinese whispers.
Could you postulate a possible scenario where the concept of God would have arisen in such a manner as you have described?

CC

Moves
13 Jan 06

Interesting thoughts there Govna. Let me ask you a question. Why is it that your so determined to disprove Gods existance? You`ve obviously spent a lot of time thinking about Him. Interesting choice of name, I must say. What made you decide upon it?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by Clean Cut
Interesting thoughts there Govna. Let me ask you a question. Why is it that your so determined to disprove Gods existance? You`ve obviously spent a lot of time thinking about Him. Interesting choice of name, I must say. What made you decide upon it?
If your question is directed at lucifershammer, I'm afraid you are on the wrong track.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Just to point out - that the earth was not flat was well-known to educated people since the 9th cent. or so onwards.
You'll note I never stated which 500 years - or even in what parts of the world (i.e. muslim parts or christian parts)