the wrong priority

the wrong priority

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
13 Jul 13
2 edits

Originally posted by stellspalfie
it doesnt make it clear if homosexuals are condemned only if they indulge in homosexual sex. warning about thinking a certain way isnt the same as a flat out condemning it.
its clear to me, anyone who indulges in immoral sex is condemned whether they are homos or not, homosexuality is considered immoral. how can you be condemned for having a potentiality to commit an act? Honestly I only thought about robbing the bank, does that make me a bank robber? hardly. Once again people are condemned for their actions, if you do not commit a homosexual act how can you stand condemned whether you claim to be a homosexual or not, for having the potential to commit one? hardly!

Moves
13 Jul 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
its clear to me, anyone who indulges in immoral sex is condemned whether they are homos or not, homosexuality is considered immoral. how can you be condemned for having a potentiality to commit an act? Honestly I only thought about robbing the bank, does that make me a bank robber? hardly. Once again people are condemned for their actions, if you d ...[text shortened]... ned whether you claim to be a homosexual or not, for having the potential to commit one? hardly!
now you have explained clearly i understand, thanks.

rc

Moves
13 Jul 13

now you have explained clearly i understand, thanks.
I would just like to mention that Jesus does warn against cultivating immoral thoughts.

Moves
13 Jul 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I would just like to mention that Jesus does warn against cultivating immoral thoughts.
its fine for the j'man to warn about immoral thoughts. he hasnt spent a hot english afternoon surrounded by sun-soaked english roses, even he would let the odd immoral thought slip in.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Jul 13

its fine for the j'man to warn about immoral thoughts. he hasnt spent a hot english afternoon surrounded by sun-soaked english roses, even he would let the odd immoral thought slip in.
Jesus heart Magdalene Forever

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Jul 13

no, you are over complicating the issue. regardless how strong the urge to eat is or how hungry a person feels and regardless of what type of food a person eats if they consume more calories than they need then they get fat. its easy to keep a rough mental note of how many calories we have consumed per day, so there is no excuse for a christian to be g ...[text shortened]... to me sinning by over eating is one of the easiest sins to avoid, yet the most commonly ignored.
Since it is so easy for you, then may we assume that you will not have to worry about having to be forgiven for being over weight or over eating if you actually think that is a sin?

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Jul 13

Originally posted by Rank outsider
I think you are dodging the point.

I have seen numerous Christians in the US who are morbidly obese. They get this way by being gluttonous.

The question is. Why are these people not condemned by Christians, protested against etc in the same way as gay people, people who have abortions etc. God was happy to execute someone for gathering stick ...[text shortened]... , them I expect many would be out there condemning the atheist gluttons.

Smacks of hypocrisy.
Maybe it is because American Christians are the most generous people in the world.

The Instructor

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Jul 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
6' / 178-181 lbs. 7-09-13 Blood Sugar: 103 (104 a month ago; two months ago 94). Blood Pressure: 96 over 61 (usually 88-98 over 64-69). Feel the best and the most active since my paralysis on Friday, December 10, 2010. Weight dropped from 210 to 149 by Mid-February, 2011, catheterized and unable to feed or bathe myself. Yes, Gluttony's a sin. -Bob
Ok, take two of the purple ones and one capsule daily.

Moves
14 Jul 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Since it is so easy for you, then may we assume that you will not have to worry about having to be forgiven for being over weight or over eating if you actually think that is a sin?

The Instructor
i dont have to worry, i dont believe its a sin, i dont believe in sin. just looking at the hypocrisy of christians who cry sinner at others while shoving their fat faces with more pizza and kool-aid.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Jul 13

i dont have to worry, i dont believe its a sin, i dont believe in sin. just looking at the hypocrisy of christians who cry sinner at others while shoving their fat faces with more pizza and kool-aid.
For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

(Matthew 7:2 NKJV)

The Instructor

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Jul 13

[b]For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

The Instructor[/b]
Is that supposed to be some sort of warning?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jul 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Is that supposed to be some sort of warning?
It was a statement of Jesus.

The Instructor

Moves
15 Jul 13

[b]For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

The Instructor[/b]
i should be fine then, i try not to judge people, im into rehabilitation rather than punishment and im pretty forgiving. so if the big 'g' wants to judge me by my own standards id be more than happy.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jul 13

i should be fine then, i try not to judge people, im into rehabilitation rather than punishment and im pretty forgiving. so if the big 'g' wants to judge me by my own standards id be more than happy.
Okay, forgive those fat people then.

The Instructor

Moves
15 Jul 13

Okay, forgive those fat people then.

The Instructor
what fat people?