The worst thing about Muslims

The worst thing about Muslims

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Moves
01 Mar 07

Originally posted by GinoJ
Ignorance is bliss.
yes,

w

Moves
01 Mar 07

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
This is so convenient. "If people really accepted Christ" - nice. That little phrase lets you denounce any Christian who does not act 'properly', so you can make phony claims about Christians being more peaceful than Muslims, etc. etc.
People who are true Christians will follow the teachings of Christ. Loving your neighbor as yourself and even loving your enemies is a command given by Christ. Theerefore, if people call themselvs "Chrisitian" but do not follow the teachings of Christ they are not true Christians. Enough said.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
01 Mar 07

Originally posted by whodey
People who are true Christians will follow the teachings of Christ. Loving your neighbor as yourself and even loving your enemies is a command given by Christ. Theerefore, if people call themselvs "Chrisitian" but do not follow the teachings of Christ they are not true Christians. Enough said.
Did you sin yesterday?
Were you a true Christian yesterday?

w

Moves
01 Mar 07

Originally posted by ahosyney
[b]They seem to have escaped the violence within their own religion once they convert.

I know a Christian Girl in my country Egypt. She converted to Islam and married a Muslim man. Her family shoot her, and her husband in the street. The shoots hit the husband spine and he lost the move in his legs. They continue their life under the Police protection.

But sure they are not Christians! right ?[/b]
Lets be honest about one thing. Only Chrisitianity has the command to love your enemies and do good to those who may mean you harm. If they call themselves Christians then I suggest they follow the teachings of Christ. Conversly, the teachings of Mohammad are no where close to that of Christs in this regard.

w

Moves
01 Mar 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Did you sin yesterday?
Were you a true Christian yesterday?
The difference between a Christian and one who only professes to be a Christian is that the Christian may sin but then seek repentance and change coarse so to speak. Their goal is to follow the teachings of Christ although they may fall short at times. The Christian who claims to be a Chrisitan but is not, however, cares little about the teachings of Christ and simply does as they see fit and without apology.

Christ was once asked who his brothers and sister were. The response was that only those who do the will of the Father were his brothers and sisters. That is the goal even though we may be prone to sin at times. Those who do the will of the Father are Christians, those who don't may claim to be but according to Christ nothing could be further from the truth.

a

Moves
01 Mar 07
2 edits

Lets be honest about one thing. Only Chrisitianity has the command to love your enemies and do good to those who may mean you harm. If they call themselves Christians then I suggest they follow the teachings of Christ. Conversly, the teachings of Mohammad are no where close to that of Christs in this regard.
To summarize, there is not true Christians !!!!!

I don't know a Christian who loves his enemy. What is the use of a teaching that is very unlogic that no one is able to follow it?

Actually why should a christian has an enemy at all if he followes the message of love ?????!!!!!!!

Talking about the prophet Muhammed teaching, I don't think you are in a position to say anything because you didn't read his teaching or don't know anything about it. Actually the comparison doesn't make any sense. It will only make sense if Jesus is a man !!!

That is enough for me in this thread. I hope one day I meet this true Christian.

w

Moves
01 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by ahosyney
To summarize, there is not true Christians !!!!!

I don't know a Christian who loves his enemy. What is the use of a teaching that is very unlogic that no one is able to follow it?

Actually why should a christian has an enemy at all if he followes the message of love ?????!!!!!!!

Talking about the prophet Muhammed teaching, I don't think you are in man !!!

That is enough for me in this thread. I hope one day I meet this true Christian.
You and I have talked aboat this particular topic and I asked you if Mohammad ever gave a command similar to Christs command to love their enemy because you are familiar with the teachings of Mohammad. However, I did not see you provide any teachings that came close to that of Christs command. I think the quote you gave me was something to the effect that Allah MAY provide you with the ability to show love for those who in no way deserve it, hence, there is no mandate to show love for your enemies. The alternative is to render evil for evil as we see repeatidly in the Islamic world. Where does it get us ahosyney? The only way to break the cycle of hate is to love. It forces the other side to stop and think as to why you are not hating them back. It may dawn on them that perhaps you are not their enemy after all. Perhaps the enemy is a spiritual foe rather than existing in the form of mere flesh and blood even though they may be fighting for that entity unknowingly at that particular time.

For me loving those who love you is a natural act. However, loving those who hate you is a supernatural act. For me, this is what seperates the men from the boys, so to speak. I am sorry that you have never encountered a true Christian in this regard. To be honest, I have not always done this myself. However, as I have matured in the faith I have at times shown love for my enemy. Unfortunatly, more often that not it proves unsuccessful, however, there are glorious times when it is successful!!! If I had chosen not to show love for them I would never have had any success in this regard whatsoever. It is the only chance for success other than killing off all your enemies altogether. I suppose if you choose not to love your enemies, killing them all off then becomes the objective, no?

a

Moves
01 Mar 07

You and I have talked aboat this particular topic and I asked you if Mohammad ever gave a command similar to Christs command to love their enemy because you are familiar with the teachings of Mohammad. However, I did not see you provide any teachings that came close to that of Christs command. I think the quote you gave me was something to the effect that A ...[text shortened]... ose if you choose not to love your enemies, killing them all off then becomes the objective, no?
I do remember our talk and I do remember that I asked you how do you practive this teaching and you didn't give me any particular answer. And you said, you don't follow it.

Although the prophet asked us to avoide making enimies from the begining. We are not asked to start any one by enmity unliss they do. So you are not my enimy unless you want to do so!!!!

I think avoid making enimies is better than having enimies and try to love them.

Muslims don't start any one with enmity. But when you choose to be my enimy don't ask me to love you.

If you check the history you will realize that all Muslim countries were the target of a continoues attacks from Christian world in Europ for almost 8 centries. My country was accupied by England for 80 years, and during this period they showed us the real love.

After that all you come and say that Muslims don't know to love.

You can say you love me, but what is more important is what you do.

Your teaching doesn't exit because it is unlogical.

I don't want to start a new debate here, I don't have time for that.

You can talk about love and Jesus as much as you can, but you can't say you have love that no one else have. Facts are againest you.

a

Moves
02 Mar 07

You and I have talked aboat this particular topic and I asked you if Mohammad ever gave a command similar to Christs command to love their enemy because you are familiar with the teachings of Mohammad. However, I did not see you provide any teachings that came close to that of Christs command. I think the quote you gave me was something to the effect that A ...[text shortened]... ose if you choose not to love your enemies, killing them all off then becomes the objective, no?
Just to support my previous post: (Three translation for each verse)

YUSUFALI: It may be that Allah will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For Allah has power (over all things); And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
PICKTHAL: It may be that Allah will ordain love between you and those of them with whom ye are at enmity. Allah is Mighty, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
SHAKIR: It may be that Allah will bring about friendship between you and those whom you hold to be your enemies among them; and Allah is Powerful; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

YUSUFALI: Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.
PICKTHAL: Allah forbiddeth you not those who warred not against you on account of religion and drove you not out from your homes, that ye should show them kindness and deal justly with them. Lo! Allah loveth the just dealers.
SHAKIR: Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice.

YUSUFALI: Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.
PICKTHAL: Allah forbiddeth you only those who warred against you on account of religion and have driven you out from your homes and helped to drive you out, that ye make friends of them. Whosoever maketh friends of them - (All) such are wrong-doers.
SHAKIR: Allah only forbids you respecting those who made war upon you on account of (your) religion, and drove you forth from your homes and backed up (others) in your expulsion, that you make friends with them, and whoever makes friends with them, these are the unjust.

Moves
02 Mar 07

What do you think it is?

1) Their mistreatment of women
2) Their suicidal aggression
3) Their rejection of Jesus
Worst things about Muslims are:

1) They can vote.
2) They can breed.

Other than that they're okay.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
02 Mar 07

Originally posted by vistesd
(1)(a) The Qur’an liberalized women’s rights dramatically over the pre-Islamic culture, and as a religious text, far more than either the Jewish or Christian scriptures; (b) I would argue that the ahadith cited in support of suppressing women are suspect and probably inauthentic (the “kyriarchy” uses what it can, and when it can’t, makes it up); and (c) th ...[text shortened]... Islam do not need to reach outside of their religious texts/traditions to make their arguments.
Having visited 2 Muslim countries (Egypt and Malaysia), I'd first like to point out that the people are incredibly welcoming.

Secondly, while it's true that women have less rights than men, I'd like to comment on the chivalry shown to women, that seems to be distinctly missing in the western countries I've visited.

I also don't think we should blinker ourselves into thinking that women are truly equal in western society. Look at most the top companies, the greatest proportion is run by men. For example, look at the Pharma industry, about 60%+ of employees are women, yet top tier management is nearly exclusively male.

Also, speaking to Egyptian men recently, they were complaining about women not accepting whereever it says that men can have 3 wives. So despite the written "rule", women can still exert influence in a large number of cases.

Another comment I'd like to make is the way they treat children with great patience and respect, and how children respond with reciprocal good behaviour. This may have something to do with women being more established house runners and being able to give time to their children. I don't think it's a coincidence that western youth behaviour gets worse every year, while women work longer and longer hours, in their quest for "equality".

Having said that, my wife did get hassled by some men, which may be due to the way she was dressed. While not nice, how would western men react if a woman was going around town wearing only a bikini? Culturally, I think this could be equivalent to her wearing short sleeves. I'm sure we've all seen builder's wolf whistling at a hot girl, and in South America, the machismo is incredible to see.

So, my point is that women aren't truly treated as equals in any country which I have visited.

D

Cape Town

Moves
02 Mar 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Having said that, my wife did get hassled by some men, which may be due to the way she was dressed. While not nice, how would western men react if a woman was going around town wearing only a bikini? Culturally, I think this could be equivalent to her wearing short sleeves. I'm sure we've all seen builder's wolf whistling at a hot girl, and in South America, the machismo is incredible to see.
Where I come from, Zambia, a self declared "Christian Nation", it has been commonplace in the past for women to get into serious trouble for walking through town in a miniskirt. It is slowly becoming more acceptable but such dressing would still result in you being labeled a prostitute or 'loose'.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
02 Mar 07

No, but I do believe that all Muslims endorse mistreatment of women, suicidal aggression or rejection of Jesus. I deny that there are other sorts of Muslims.
Okay.

So, roughly what % of Muslims, in your view, endorse each separately?

By definition perhaps, 100% reject Jesus, at least as the Son of God, although not necessarily in other ways.

Could you also clarify what you mean by "suicidal aggression"? Do you mean the suicide/homicide bombing of civilian Infidels?

a

Moves
02 Mar 07

Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
Okay.

So, roughly what % of Muslims, in your view, endorse each separately?

By definition perhaps, 100% reject Jesus, at least as the Son of God, although not necessarily in other ways.

Could you also clarify what you mean by "suicidal aggression"? Do you mean the suicide/homicide bombing of civilian Infidels?

Muslims belive in Jesus as a prophet. Rejecting him as a prophet makes one not a Muslim.

So saying Muslims reject Jesus is not accurate.

l

London

Moves
02 Mar 07

Originally posted by sonhouse
Hey thanks for the links, I printed them out and will study them. I did notice a story in their about Saladin buying back a baby that had been stolen, seems to point out his basic fairness. Anyway I am not close minded and will read it! Thanks again.
That's all I ask.