The Worst Religion

The Worst Religion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
07 Dec 07

Pastafarianism is one of the fastest growing religions.

http://www.venganza.org/

"The central belief is that there is an invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster, which created the entire universe "after drinking heavily."[2] All evidence for evolution was planted by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, in an effort to test Pastafarians' faith; a form of the Omphalos hypothesis. When scientific measurements, such as radiocarbon dating, are made, the Flying Spaghetti Monster "is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage."[4]

The Pastafarian belief of heaven stresses that it contains beer volcanoes and a stripper factory.[19] Hell is similar, except that the beer is stale and the strippers have VD.[20]"

Wikipeadia

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Dec 07

Originally posted by SwissGambit
You're wrong in twisting the meaning of the word 'religion' when it clearly applies to your belief system.
If you understood my "belief system" you wouldn't characterise it as "religious".

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Dec 07

Originally posted by shavixmir
Pastafarianism is one of the fastest growing religions.

http://www.venganza.org/

"The central belief is that there is an invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster, which created the entire universe "after drinking heavily."[2] All evidence for evolution was planted by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, in an effort to test Pastafarians' faith; a ...[text shortened]... l is similar, except that the beer is stale and the strippers have VD.[20]"

Wikipeadia
And do you believe in it?

N

The sky

Moves
08 Dec 07

Originally posted by chessisvanity
No religion is wrong as long as they worship "G/d"

but religions who worship "prophets" are wrong.

*cough* muhammed *cough*

and if you are wondering why i typed it like this..."G/d"...jews aren't allowed to write/type his name....

i duuno why...it just is.
So a religion that worships both "G/d" and "prophets" is both right and wrong?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
08 Dec 07

Originally posted by josephw
If you understood my "belief system" you wouldn't characterise it as "religious".
If you understood how to write well, you wouldn't mangle the language by assigning your own arbitrary meanings to words.

Let's just add this word to the list of bizarro-words that Christians use. A bizarro-word has either A) the opposite meaning, or B) a radically different meaning, when compared to the normal definition:

love
compassion
justice
religion

z

Moves
08 Dec 07

the Maradonian Church must be the worst religion ever !

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
08 Dec 07

Originally posted by josephw
And do you believe in it?
Don't you?

w

Moves
08 Dec 07
2 edits

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Which religion is the least correct?
A religion that is not based upon love is devoid of both meaning and relevance. It would then win the religion that is least correct reward. As Henry Scougal once wrote, "The worth and excellency of a soul is to be measured by the object of its love."

Love is all that matters and without it we are nothing.

w

Moves
08 Dec 07

Maybe i'll ask G/d to forgive you.[/b]
That sounds awefully Christian of you. 😉

w

Moves
08 Dec 07
2 edits

G/d is the savior.....not some hustler con man named "jesus"
So what did Jesus say or do that was a con? How was he wrong? Did he deserve the cross?

It has been my experience that all religions embrace him in some form or fashion. After all, what's not to like? They then simply incorporate him in their own religion so as not to attack him yet preserve their own theological perspectives about God. That is why your scathing judgement has me at a loss.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
08 Dec 07

Originally posted by whodey
After all, what's not to like?
His blatant political gambling to achieve more power for himself and his followers?

w

Moves
08 Dec 07

Originally posted by shavixmir
His blatant political gambling to achieve more power for himself and his followers?
Lets examine his tactics, shall we? He preached the Torah and confronted many of the religious leaders of his day by declaring them to be self serving hypocrites. He reached out to the poor and his theology was based upon loving all men that included his own enemies. He also made it clear that his kingdom was not of this world and, in fact, rebuked his disciple Peter for drawing a sword to defend him when they came for him to take him to the cross. All he did was spoke the truth and reached out to those in need. So tell me, which teaching or tactic was wrong?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
08 Dec 07

Originally posted by SwissGambit
If you understood how to write well, you wouldn't mangle the language by assigning your own arbitrary meanings to words.

Let's just add this word to the list of bizarro-words that Christians use. A bizarro-word has either A) the opposite meaning, or B) a radically different meaning, when compared to the normal definition:

love
compassion
justice
religion
How quaint. Another uninfomred voice adding to the din of ignorance. Considering the fact that our language is part of a closed system, upon what physical realities do the listed words derive meaning?

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
08 Dec 07

Originally posted by whodey
Lets examine his tactics, shall we? He preached the Torah and confronted many of the religious leaders of his day by declaring them to be self serving hypocrites. He reached out to the poor and his theology was based upon loving all men that included his own enemies. He also made it clear that his kingdom was not of this world and, in fact, rebuked his dis ...[text shortened]... oke the truth and reached out to those in need. So tell me, which teaching or tactic was wrong?
He broke Jewish law in full understanding that he didn't break Roman law and that the Jews had no way of persecuting him.
It was a political gamble which cost him, and some of his followers, their lives.

Surely you don't swallow the whole "Judas, best friend, betrays and then feels remorse" angle?
No. It was a deliberate set up between Jesus and Judas, because they knew it would get media attention and serve their greater purpose: More power.
It failed, miserably, and Judas killed himself, knowing full well that he was going to get saddled up with the murder of his best friend.

Politics. That is what is was. Power and money.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
08 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
How quaint. Another uninfomred voice adding to the din of ignorance. Considering the fact that our language is part of a closed system, upon what physical realities do the listed words derive meaning?
Such words are conceptual labels attached to observed human behaviors (individual or social); for example, when one behaves in certain ways, we designate that as compassionate, etc. “Love” is also used as a label for certain emotional experiences; though that can get a bit sticky when the behavior does not seem to jibe with the declared emotional content.

Merriam-Webster’s Online Dictionary, for example, defines “compassion” thus: “sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it.”

Dictionary definitions represent social conventions of usage. However, if someone wants to use the word “compassion” to mean something else, it is incumbent upon them to define what they mean. Then others can determine if that person’s applications of the word fit that definition. People do not always agree on definitions, but they ought to at least have an idea what the other’s definition is before they agree or disagree with it.

SG’s “bizarro” world would be a case where the words are either defined to mean the opposite of what they do in normal discourse; or are so ill-defined that their meaning cannot be determined (and therefore their application cannot be assessed); or are so absurdly defined that the same word is used to signify either of opposing types of behavior.

If someone declares that a certain action on my part is “compassionate,” you have to have some understanding of what that word means first, in order to decide whether its application to my behavior makes sense (or what sense). If the action so designated was in fact raping a child, you would likely wonder how in the world that word “compassionate” could possibly be so applied.