THE WORD OF GOD

THE WORD OF GOD

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Moves
14 Apr 05

Does every word That JESUS CHRIST spoke matter?

P

Moves
14 Apr 05
1 edit

Originally posted by blindfaith101
if you consider Jesus Christ to be the son of God, then it should matter.
if you don't, then all mankind make mistakes, but what matter is to learn from what was said or done..

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
14 Apr 05

No. What matters is what words have been given to us from God. Many things were spoken by Jesus and not written down in Scripture. But the Word of God and the Scriptures and Jesus are inseparable. To know and believe one, is to know and believe the other.

e

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by Coletti
No. What matters is what words have been given to us from God.
I'm confused. Aren't Jesus and God One and The Same?

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by eagles54
I'm confused. Aren't Jesus and God One and The Same?
The depends on what you mean by "One and The Same."

Moves
14 Apr 05

No. What matters is what words have been given to us from God. Many things were spoken by Jesus and not written down in Scripture. But the Word of God and the Scriptures and Jesus are inseparable. To know and believe one, is to know and believe the other.
So basically every word that Jesus spoke that is recorded in the Bible is important!

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
So basically every word that Jesus spoke that is recorded in the Bible is important!
All the words of Scripture are important. But they are not all of the same importance in the same ways.

e

Moves
14 Apr 05

The depends on what you mean by "One and The Same."
I didn't think I was being ambiguous but perhaps I am.

Jesus is the human manifestation of God, am I right? Wouldn't that make them One?

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
14 Apr 05

I didn't think I was being ambiguous but perhaps I am.

Jesus is the human manifestation of God, am I right? Wouldn't that make them One?
Yes, that I can agree with. My view of the Trinity is that Jesus, God the Father, and the Holy Spirit are all of one mind - the one mind of God. And they are the three persons of God, with different manifestations and purposes.

e

Moves
14 Apr 05

Yes, that I can agree with. My view of the Trinity is that Jesus, God the Father, and the Holy Spirit are all of one mind - the one mind of God. And they are the three persons of God, with different manifestations and purposes.
My confusion stems from your assertion that "What matters is what words have been given to us from God."

Aren't the words of Jesus equivalent to the words of God?

I'm trying to learn here, I'm not trying to stir it up unnecessarily.

b

Moves
14 Apr 05

My confusion stems from your assertion that "What matters is what words have been given to us from God."

Aren't the words of Jesus equivalent to the words of God?

I'm trying to learn here, I'm not trying to stir it up unnecessarily.
All that JESUS CHRIST spoke was from GOD. JESUS CHRIST is GOD.Every word that he spoke has equal importance.

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
14 Apr 05

But we don't know what Jesus spoke. The Bible tells us what he spoke but that isn't a transcript of his sermons. The NT wasn't written until after Jesus died. People didn't hang around with tape recorders or knew Pittman shorthand at his sermons. We read in the Bible an interpretation of what he supposedly said.

b

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by Maustrauser
But we don't know what Jesus spoke. The Bible tells us what he spoke but that isn't a transcript of his sermons. The NT wasn't written until after Jesus died. People didn't hang around with tape recorders or knew Pittman shorthand at his sermons. We read in the Bible an interpretation of what he supposedly said.
then what is THE BIBLE

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
14 Apr 05

then what is THE BIBLE
Why does one have to write in CAPS?

The Bible is a collection of stories put together by numerous authors and committees over many years. You also need to define "Bible". There is no one Bible. There are many depending on what Christian or Jewish sect you belong to. [This is a slight problem for those claiming that it is the divine word of God - one would expect that God would have divinely inspired all Sects to believe in the one Bible).

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible

a

Meddling with things

Moves
14 Apr 05

All the words of Scripture are important. But they are not all of the same importance in the same ways.
A career in politics awaits you...genius level post