The Void of nothing

The Void of nothing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
23 Feb 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
He doesn't have to - its a logical conclusion of the rubbish that he's spewing forth. If the universe works the way he tries to make you believe it does, life wouldn't work, neither would basic physics. The manufacturing industry would be screwed, in short.
Second law of Thermodynamics:

"Every system, left to its own devices, always tends to move from order to disorder, its energy tending to be transformed into lower levels of availability (for work), ultimately becoming totally random and unavailable for work."

You seem to be ignoring every part of this law intentionally and putting words in my mouth on top of it. You really are a waste of time.

So long.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
23 Feb 07

Originally posted by dj2becker
Second law of Thermodynamics:

"Every system, left to its own devices, always tends to move from order to disorder, its energy tending to be transformed into lower levels of availability (for work), ultimately becoming totally random and unavailable for work."

You seem to be ignoring every part of this law intentionally and putting words in my mouth on top of it. You really are a waste of time.

So long.
And you, my dumb friend, are a waste of a human skin. Surely, you are the greatest proof that God does not exist.

Yes, the 2nd law says that an entire system will become more disorganised over time, but that does not mean that localised areas, for example the earth, cannot become less disorganised provided that some place else is increasing entropy suitably to balance the localised decrease (i.e. the sun).

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
24 Feb 07

I never said that.

The 2nd law only talks about the whole system, not the components. One part of a system can become more complex (like, for example, a plant photosynthesizing) provided another part is increasing in entropy, providing energy for that to happen (like the nuclear reactions in the sun).

The universe is a closed system, in that there are no inputs from "outside", since there is no "outside"!
Explain to me
,,If the universe is a closed system, wtf is the boundary that closed it?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
24 Feb 07

Originally posted by frogstomp
Explain to me
Yes , I would like to know that too. I would also like to hear some speculation as to whether there is nothing outside it or something outside it , in other words what does the universe border up against?

Moves
24 Feb 07
1 edit

And you, my dumb friend, are a waste of a human skin. Surely, you are the greatest proof that God does not exist.

Yes, the 2nd law says that an entire system will become more disorganised over time, but that does not mean that localised areas, for example the earth, cannot become less disorganised provided that some place else is increasing entropy suitably to balance the localised decrease (i.e. the sun).
The entire system according to your reasoning was a dot of matter, which is now the entire universe, and by your reasoning the enitre universe now is more run down that your dot of matter was.

You honestly think that you'll get away with saying that life is more disorganised than a chemical soup?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
24 Feb 07

Originally posted by dj2becker
The entire system according to your reasoning was a dot of matter, which is now the entire universe, and by your reasoning the enitre universe now is more run down that your dot of matter was.

You honestly think that you'll get away with saying that life is more disorganised than a chemical soup?
I never said that, and it is not my contention. The singularity that created the universe was not a "dot of matter". It was nothing that can be described by any language that we possess, but it certainly was no "dot of matter".

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
24 Feb 07

Explain to me
If it has a boundary, that suggests something outside it. Please, illuminate me as to what is "outside" the universe, and what evidence you have for it?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Feb 07
3 edits

If it has a boundary, that suggests something outside it. Please, illuminate me as to what is "outside" the universe, and what evidence you have for it?
Well for one you are describing a boundary, your use of time for example. If something isn't bound to or by time, is it part of the universe as you have been describing it? If the very forces you insist are being applied to all things within the universe do not apply to something within our universe doesn't that mean that it isn't apart of the universe as you have been describing it? If time is nothing but a force or power within the universe and it is wrapped up in all things in our universe, anything not bound by time would be, outside of the universe as you have been promoting all things relative.
Kelly 🙂

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
25 Feb 07

The increasing Inflation rate.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
25 Feb 07

The increasing Inflation rate.
That doesn't mean that there is anything "outside".

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
25 Feb 07

That doesn't mean that there is anything "outside".
you asked for evidence, I gave you some.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
25 Feb 07

you asked for evidence, I gave you some.
But its not evidence of anything "outside" the universe.

Logically, how can you have anything outside the universe?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
25 Feb 07

But its not evidence of anything "outside" the universe.

Logically, how can you have anything outside the universe?
That depends on your definition of universe.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
25 Feb 07

That depends on your definition of universe.
Oh btw here's my universe:

Consider the infinite universe simply as a loop space and our big bang universe as a fiber bundle of knots contained inside it, with no limit on the size of the universe ,or the number of big bangs.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
25 Feb 07

Oh btw here's my universe:

Consider the infinite universe simply as a loop space and our big bang universe as a fiber bundle of knots contained inside it, with no limit on the size of the universe ,or the number of big bangs.
Which is opinion, since there can be no evidence of anything outside the universe.