The Velocity of Time

The Velocity of Time

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
13 Mar 18

I'm putting this in the Spirituality Forum because I know of no scientific approach, it's apolitical, and there is a air of mystery about it.

In recent years if feels as though time is seeding up. Here it is almost the Ides of March (Be Wary of Senators Day) and it feels like January was just a day or two ago.What happened to 2017?

Does anyone else have this feeling?

T

Moves
13 Mar 18

Originally posted by @js357
I'm putting this in the Spirituality Forum because I know of no scientific approach, it's apolitical, and there is a air of mystery about it.

In recent years if feels as though time is seeding up. Here it is almost the Ides of March (Be Wary of Senators Day) and it feels like January was just a day or two ago.What happened to 2017?

How old are you?

Infidel

Moves
13 Mar 18

Every year that passes makes up a smaller percentage of your age than the year before it.

You're getting old.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Mar 18

I'm putting this in the Spirituality Forum because I know of no scientific approach, it's apolitical, and there is a air of mystery about it....
A day used to be a giant chunk of your life. You're old now.

Moves
13 Mar 18

Originally posted by @great-king-rat
Every year that passes makes up a smaller percentage of your age than the year before it.

You're getting old.
Just what I was going to say!

Moves
13 Mar 18

I understand that the passage of time is relative to the speed one is travelling relative to other objects and also to the proximity of massive bodies. I.e. time appears to travel very slightly faster on the surface on the earth than it does in a jet at 40,000 feet.

What apparent effect this has on the perceived age of fast moving cosmic bodies and indeed the universe itself I cannot fathom.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
13 Mar 18

That will teach you to say about on this forum for empathy. :p

Moves
13 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
That will teach you to say about on this forum for empathy. :p
I say about on this forum for empathy and all your base are belong to us!

Gotta go. I’m late for tomorrow.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Mar 18

Yes I have that feeling
Time is a construct , we are eternal

Moves
13 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Yes I have that feeling
Time is a construct , we are eternal
According to the respondents in this thread, it’s typical of the old. But if we are eternal, have we no beginning, which makes being “old” indeterminate?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Mar 18
1 edit

The giant marine plant, Posidonia oceanica, discovered in the Mediterranean Sea near the Balearic Islands, Spain, may also be the oldest living organism in the world, with an estimated age of 100,000 years.

I feel sad for it.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Mar 18

Yes I have that feeling
When you are a day old, a day is a lifetime.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Mar 18

According to the respondents in this thread, it’s typical of the old. But if we are eternal, have we no beginning, which makes being “old” indeterminate?
Thats it, keep that in mind while the lie persists

We are eternal

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Mar 18

Originally posted by @apathist
When you are a day old, a day is a lifetime.
Time is the way in and the set up for the way out

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Mar 18

Time is the way in and the set up for the way out
I wasn't here before. And I don't like poetry.