1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Sep '21 18:19
    The donkey told the tiger:
    ′′The grass is blue".
    The tiger replied:
    ′′No, the grass is green".

The discussion became heated up, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, and to do so they approached the lion, King of the Jungle.

Before reaching the clearing in the forest where the lion was sitting on his throne, the donkey started screaming:
    ′′Your Highness, is it true that grass is blue?".
    The lion replied:
    "True, the grass is blue".

The donkey rushed forward and continued:
    ′′The tiger disagrees with me and contradicts me and annoys me please punish him".
    The king then declared:
    ′′The tiger will be punished with 5 years of silence".

The donkey jumped for joy and went on his way, content and repeating:
    ′′The grass is blue"...

The tiger accepted his punishment, but he asked the lion:
    ′′Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?"
    The lion replied:
    ′′In fact, the grass is green".
    The tiger asked:
    ′′So why do you punish me?"
    The lion replied:
    ′′That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green. The punishment is because it is not possible for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with a donkey, and on top of that to come and bother me with that question".

The worst waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of their beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense... There are people who for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand, and others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t. When ignorance screams, intelligence shuts up. Your peace and tranquility are worth more.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 02:41
    @dj2becker said
    The donkey told the tiger:
    ′′The grass is blue".
    The tiger replied:
    ′′No, the grass is green".

The discussion became heated up, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, and to do so they approached the lion, King of the Jungle.

Before reaching the clearing in the forest where the lion was sitting on his throne, the donkey started screaming:
    ′′Yo ...[text shortened]... ey aren’t. When ignorance screams, intelligence shuts up. Your peace and tranquility are worth more.
    The donkey sounds like he believes that the grass being blue is a universal objective truth.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 11:36
    @dj2becker

Is that one of Aesop's fables?
    I raised my children on the little wisdom stories in Aesop's stories about animals.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Sep '21 00:59
    If only we could drop memes on here.

Something like:

How I see myself at debate: <Tiger vs. Donkey>
    How my opponent sees me at debate: <Donkey vs. Tiger>
    How everyone else sees us: <Two Donkeys>
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '21 05:28
    @divegeester said
    The donkey sounds like he believes that the grass being blue is a universal objective truth.
    Fetchmybecker?
  6. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    10 Oct '21 22:58
    @dj2becker

Only just read this but thought that it was brilliant. So much that can be taken from this wonderful story.

Thanks for posting.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '21 06:05

Removed by poster

8. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Oct '21 11:04
    @medullah said
    @dj2becker

Only just read this but thought that it was brilliant. So much that can be taken from this wonderful story.

Thanks for posting.
    Let me interpret this parable for you Medullah. This guy dj2becker has been around here for many years, sometimes as different names. Im pretty sure he posted this same story or a very similar one a couple years ago and disappeared, just as he is doing now. He is a supporter of sonship and his doctrine. So for him

Sonship is the tiger
    The rest of us who are disagreeing with sonship are the donkeys, who are fools, fanatics, blind, ignorant, etc etc

The worst waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of their beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense... There are people who for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand, and others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t. When ignorance screams, intelligence shuts up. Your peace and tranquility are worth more.

I guess he thinks of himself as the lion.
  9. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    11 Oct '21 18:55
    @Rajk999

I wasn't reading anything into it like who is represented Raj. If you think of the bible parable about pearls before swine it's along those lines (to me). It tells me that some arguments are not worth having and simply should not be engaged in.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 13:05
    @medullah said
    @Rajk999

I wasn't reading anything into it like who is represented Raj. If you think of the bible parable about pearls before swine it's along those lines (to me). It tells me that some arguments are not worth having and simply should not be engaged in.
    I know you were not reading anything into it but I know the guy and I know what he was trying to say... just letting you know. And yes there are many discussions that are not worth pursuing. For me the discussion where people claim that the teachings of Christ []aka the commandments] are not important for eternal life, is one I would personally pursue.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 06:47
    @rajk999 said
    I know you were not reading anything into it but I know the guy and I know what he was trying to say... just letting you know.
    Yes. Interesting that he hasn’t come back to defend or explore his OP.

For someone who spent a few years in this forum preaching that truth is universal and objective, I find it amusing that posts a story like the one in his OP.

He has either changed his mind on universal objective truth or has misunderstood the meaning in his own OP.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 06:48
    @medullah said
    @dj2becker
    Thanks for posting.
    You’re easily pleased.
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 19:56
    @divegeester said
    Yes. Interesting that he hasn’t come back to defend or explore his OP.

For someone who spent a few years in this forum preaching that truth is universal and objective, I find it amusing that posts a story like the one in his OP.

He has either changed his mind on universal objective truth or has misunderstood the meaning in his own OP.
    I didn't expect further posts. It smacked of, "why I stopped arguing with you Donkeys long ago".
  14. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 21:30
    @divegeester said
    You’re easily pleased.
    Yes, but not so easily deceived.

Nothing like a good parable.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '21 08:59
    @medullah said
    Yes, but not so easily deceived.

Nothing like a good parable.
    The story has some thin merit within it.

But who posted it and why they did is FAR more interesting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree