The right to direct mankind's direction in life

The right to direct mankind's direction in life

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
11 Oct 10
1 edit

Found this in another thread and found it somewhat disturbing even with its ambiguity.

Thoughts?

You make the attempt to reduce God to YOUR level , that of an ignorant self assuming human who has tremendous amounts of trouble just putting one foot in front of another .

Not Just another JW ,........ no . I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses,

In other words a Witness for the Person Named Jehovah . A representative of him in the universal issue of who actually has the right to direct mankind's direction in life , and to determine who has the right to be in the positions of leadership.

I can assure you , that it isnt you .

rc

Moves
12 Oct 10
2 edits

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Found this in another thread and found it somewhat disturbing even with its ambiguity.

Thoughts?

You make the attempt to reduce God to YOUR level , that of an ignorant self assuming human who has tremendous amounts of trouble just putting one foot in front of another .

Not Just another JW ,........ no . [b]I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses[ ght to be in the positions of leadership.

I can assure you , that it isnt you .
[/b]
yes its relatively simple, the issue of universal sovereignty. I shall spell it out for you
seeing that its you, does God as the creator have the right to set standards of
morality. Disturbing to you perhaps, but then again, as i stated, everything is
disturbing to those with issues. Ambiguous, hardly, in fact its quite clear? The poster
was merely pointing out that Raj was reducing Gods morality to his own, assuming of
course that he is a human being and not a Borg, such an act is folly, considering he is
limited in his experience, has an inaccurate knowledge of scripture and is prone to
aberration. Its not like you of course, he who has never sinned and never told a lie to
take anything out of context and misconstrue its meaning in a kind of tabloid feeding
frenzy, is it.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes its relatively simple,....
So simple that you seem to have totally missed what he was getting at. I think he was querying the apparent claim to be Gods representative - with all attendant 'powers'.

rc

Moves
12 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
So simple that you seem to have totally missed what he was getting at. I think he was querying the apparent claim to be Gods representative - with all attendant 'powers'.
so simple you have missed the entire point of the original posters statement, perhaps if you viewed it in context before typing you may do better, and if you actually look at thinkoofones text, he says 'thoughts', do i need to remind you once again that i am not you and you are not me? please turn up the tone of your posts

T

Moves
12 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
You are correct of course.

It's unfortunate that RC was unable to accept this fact even after you pointed out to him. His response to the OP and to you seem to indicate his continued poor reading comprehension, poor conceptualization skills and / or the defensiveness of an overinflated and fragile ego.

r

Moves
12 Oct 10

You are correct of course.

It's unfortunate that RC was unable to accept this fact even after you pointed out to him. His response to the OP and to you seem to indicate his continued poor reading comprehension, poor conceptualization skills and / or the defensiveness of an overinflated and fragile ego.
Out of sheer curiosity why do you insult people to get your point across. I know you believe that you are smarter than most people you encounter within the room. So as an intellectual shouldn't you try to pick up instead of put down. I'm not trying to start anything I really am just wondering. My past is not perfect, but I have stopped once it was brought to my attention, and I haven't done it since. I am saying that should you try to bring up my past comments which were not so peaceful.

So back to the subject as to why?

T

Moves
12 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by realeyez
Out of sheer curiosity why do you insult people to get your point across. I know you believe that you are smarter than most people you encounter within the room. So as an intellectual shouldn't you try to pick up instead of put down. I'm not trying to start anything I really am just wondering. My past is not perfect, but I have stopped once it was brought t o bring up my past comments which were not so peaceful.

Well, it seems you're having trouble letting this go. For you to understand where I'm coming from, you'll need to have some background knowledge. So tell you what, if you're really interested, read the following that lausey posted in your "just noticing" thread if you haven't already:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040629083126/http://members.aol.com/intwg/antiprocess.htm

Let me know what you get out of it and what you think about it - what you agree with, what you don't agree with, etc. We'll go from there.

h

Moves
12 Oct 10

whoa...this is like a lightening bolt to me. With all the amazing wonderful stuff in our known universe...what makes us think that God...who ever or whatever that might be...has any special concern for this human animal? Think about the makeup of the stars....and the laws of the universe....these things could be way cooler than us....probably much more meaningful and long lasting......I think I need to go to bed..

r

Moves
12 Oct 10

Well, it seems you're having trouble letting this go. For you to understand where I'm coming from, you'll need to have some background knowledge. So tell you what, if you're really interested, read the following that lausey posted in your "just noticing" thread if you haven't already:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040629083126/http://members.aol.com/intwg ...[text shortened]... nk about it - what you agree with, what you don't agree with, etc. We'll go from there.
I will have to check that out, and thank you. Your reply was peace and pleasant. I will check it out and tell you what I think. Till then have a great day.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Oct 10

yes its relatively simple, the issue of universal sovereignty. I shall spell it out for you
seeing that its you, does God as the creator have the right to set standards of
morality. Disturbing to you perhaps, but then again, as i stated, everything is
disturbing to those with issues. Ambiguous, hardly, in fact its quite clear? The poster
...[text shortened]... nything out of context and misconstrue its meaning in a kind of tabloid feeding
frenzy, is it.
Let's put aside the issue of God's universal sovereignty. Raj did not intend to deny that. The issue raised here is how a JW can assume some emissary power from God and exercise this over another man. Now when it comes to Catholicism, you and Galvo have been very critical when I have explained the role of the Pope and bishops as vicars of Christ. Could you explain the difference?

rc

Moves
13 Oct 10

Originally posted by Conrau K
Let's put aside the issue of God's universal sovereignty. Raj did not intend to deny that. The issue raised here is how a JW can assume some emissary power from God and exercise this over another man. Now when it comes to Catholicism, you and Galvo have been very critical when I have explained the role of the Pope and bishops as vicars of Christ. Could you explain the difference?
yes its relatively easy, Raj was establishing his own morality, infact, he was bringing Gods morality down to his own level, the JW has subjected himself to Gods morality and tries to bring his life up into harmony with it. As far as i can see he has exercised nothing over Raji Paji, simply stating that God created two perfect beings, who as a consequence of the introduction of sin, have passed imperfection on to their progeny, for indeed that what sin is, imperfection. How this assumes some emissary power you shall need to explain, for i cannot see it myself, but then again, i may be slightly blinded!

rc

Moves
13 Oct 10
2 edits

Originally posted by realeyez
Out of sheer curiosity why do you insult people to get your point across. I know you believe that you are smarter than most people you encounter within the room. So as an intellectual shouldn't you try to pick up instead of put down. I'm not trying to start anything I really am just wondering. My past is not perfect, but I have stopped once it was brought t o bring up my past comments which were not so peaceful.

i really think he has an inferiority complex, in that he feels the necessity to insult others and to condescend to them to make up for deficiency in moral fibre and inadequacies of character. How else can one explain the phenomena? are we to assume its as the result of a lack of manners? i don't think so, its seems to run deeper than that. I have tried to reassure him that he is to be respected and accepted, but there is something deeply troubling him buried deep within his psyche.

T

Moves
13 Oct 10
2 edits

i really think he has an inferiority complex, in that he feels the necessity to insult others and to condescend to them to make up for deficiency in moral fibre and inadequacies of character. How else can one explain the phenomena? are we to assume its as the result of a lack of manners? i don't think so, its seems to run deeper than that. I have ...[text shortened]... pected and accepted, but there is something deeply troubling him buried deep within his psyche.
Evidently there are no lengths that you won't go to in order to try to protect your ego. This latest post of yours is yet another example of your dishonesty.

You've repeatedly lied and then denied your lies. After several iterations you've finally admitted your lying. Clearly you are the one lacking moral fiber.

Because I've called you on this as well as on other intellectual dishonesty, you've lately been on a smear campaign. In the "Just Noticing" thread you made the following statement in a desperate attempt to deflect the attention from your inadequacies:
you mean thinkofone, yes i agree, he seems to have a kind of repertoire, 'your lying, you are from your father the devil, your not the sharpest pencil in the drawer, i suggest you read the text from the beginning, i would post it but you wouldn't understand, are you really that dim, you need professional help, you lack moral character, your intellectually dishonest', etc etc its just like some kind of bitchin fest!

Conrau K responded to this as follows:
I often use those same criticism against you. You don't read the text from the beginning and you are intellectually dishonest. I have never suggested that you need professional help, however, but I do think that your religious affiliation does at some level qualify as deeply unhealthy.

When multiple posters accuse you of the same faults, it's not just a stock insult. Perhaps you need to be introspective and recognise your own shortcomings.

Conrau K spoke the truth to you as I've been speaking the truth to you. Because you are a dishonest person, you hate the truth: You are a liar, you are intellectually dishonest.

What's even more ludicrous is that your posts have all manner of "insults" and "condescension". Most everyone that has challenged you knows this to be true. All anyone need do is look at your posting history. Evidently your hypocrisy and dishonesty know no bounds. You seem to be exhibiting all of the following pathological ego defense mechanisms:
* Delusional Projection: Grossly frank delusions about external reality, usually of a persecutory nature.
* Denial: Refusal to accept external reality because it is too threatening; arguing against an anxiety-provoking stimulus by stating it doesn't exist; resolution of emotional conflict and reduction of anxiety by refusing to perceive or consciously acknowledge the more unpleasant aspects of external reality.
* Distortion: A gross reshaping of external reality to meet internal needs.
* Extreme projection: The blatant denial of a moral or psychological deficiency, which is perceived as a deficiency in another individual or group.

You are careening into the abyss. You are losing touch with reality. You really should seek professional help.

rc

Moves
13 Oct 10
3 edits

Evidently there are no lengths that you won't go to in order to try to protect your ego. This latest post of yours is yet another example of your dishonesty.

You've repeatedly lied and then denied your lies. After several iterations you've finally admitted your lying. Clearly you are the one lacking moral fiber.

Because I've called you on this as w You are losing touch with reality. You really should seek professional help.
Lol, i was only trying to explain the phenomena of your repeated use of insults for i am not the only one who has noticed, perhaps you would like to explain it? i say you have an inferiority complex in which your sense of self worth can only be realised through condescension and insulting others, either that, or you lack simple decency and manners, but as you and i both know, its something deeper!

T

Moves
13 Oct 10

Lol, i was only trying to explain the phenomena of your repeated use of insults for i am not the only one who has noticed, perhaps you would like to explain it? i say you have an inferiority complex in which your sense of self worth can only be realised through condescension and insulting others, either that, or you lack simple decency and manners, but as you and i both know, its something deeper!
I've spoken in detail as to the reasons for your smear campaign above. Anyone interested can read that.

Most anyone who has challenged your belief system knows the utter dishonesty and hypocrisy of your accusations.