The real face of atheism.

The real face of atheism.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
19 Sep 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I read Platonic philosophy when i was fourteen...
Otto West: Apes don't read philosophy.
Wanda: Yes they do, Otto, they just don't understand it...

You're ridiculous.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Sep 11

the Christian Greek scriptures have superseded those of the Mosaic law, never the less
i had forgotten how tricky and pedantic you noobsters can be, shall l rephrase the
term, Christian principles so that your argument may disintegrate into nothingness 🙂
Not pedantic, you were just being inaccurate.

rc

Moves
19 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by bbarr
Otto West: Apes don't read philosophy.
Wanda: Yes they do, Otto, they just don't understand it...

You're ridiculous.
Claiming that because you have read literature and know more about it than an
educated individual living amongst the Greeks at the time is ridiculous. Your in a room
full of mirrors reading about how to be loving and claiming that by doing so you know
more than the people who actually demonstrate it in their life, such is the folly of all
those who substitute mere opinion for knowledge. Regardless of my foibles, at
least it has not led me to being pompous, which is more than i can take in self and
even less in others, so if you dont mind . . . .

L

Moves
19 Sep 11

haha, such a cheapo, dont you have some crow to train to drop stones into a glass of
water and claim its using tools, some fish to test its consciousness? some rabbit that
has written a thesis?
Robbie Carrobie....Rabbit Consciousness. Still not a coincidence...

rc

Moves
19 Sep 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Not pedantic, you were just being inaccurate.
thats a matter of opinion

rc

Moves
19 Sep 11

Originally posted by LemonJello
Robbie Carrobie....Rabbit Consciousness. Still not a coincidence...
Actually carrobie is the Persian/Urdu term for angel. You may be familiar with its equivalent cherub. Hardly a coincidence!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Sep 11

thats a matter of opinion
It's only a matter of opinion for you because you don't like to admit when you are wrong.

rc

Moves
19 Sep 11
1 edit

It's only a matter of opinion for you because you don't like to admit when you are wrong.
i dont mind admitting when i am wrong, but then again i dont like it when i have been
misrepresented either. I have intimated what i meant, you may take it or leave it, the
fact of the matter is, you have not demonstrated why if those persons in Sydney had
applied the principles found in the Christian Greek scriptures that none of those
occurrences would have happened. Have you? So if you would just like to clear that
up, ill be on my way.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
19 Sep 11
1 edit

Claiming that because you have read literature and know more about it than an
educated individual living amongst the Greeks at the time is ridiculous. Your in a room
full of mirrors reading about how to be loving and claiming that by doing so you know
more than the people who actually demonstrate it in their life, such is the folly of all
th ...[text shortened]... us, which is more than i can take in self and
even less in others, so if you dont mind . . . .
But I didn't make that general claim. I made a particular claim about a motto putatively characteristic of Epicurean philosophy. It's not characteristic, if understood as advocating naive hedonism. This is just a fact about that school of thought. If Paul thought otherwise, then he's as ignorant as you are (but more culpable than you are, since he was educated, and could have figured this stuff out had he tried). So, go fu@k yourself, but not before you spend some time learning to read.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Sep 11
1 edit

i dont mind admitting when i am wrong, but then again i dont like it when i have been
misrepresented either. I have intimated what i meant, you may take it or leave it, the
fact of the matter is, you have not demonstrated why if those persons in Sydney had
applied the principles found in the Christian Greek scriptures that none of those
oc ...[text shortened]... would have happened. Have you? So if you would just like to clear that
up, ill be on my way.
You are correct, if those people in Sydney followed the teachings of Jesus we would not have those scenes in Sydney. But then what Christian actually follows the teachings of Jesus? We only have to observe the behaviour of Christians on these forums to to see that most are CiNO's. As Ghandi observed -

I like your Christ, i do not like your Christians

As for misrepresenting you, gimme a break, the text is there for all to see. You said Biblical principles, it's there in black and white.

rc

Moves
19 Sep 11

Originally posted by bbarr
But I didn't make that general claim. I made a particular claim about a motto putatively characteristic of Epicurean philosophy. It's not characteristic, if understood as advocating naive hedonism. This is just a fact about that school of thought. So, go fu@k yourself, but not before you spend some time learning to read.
I know what you claimed, i even understood the basis for your claim. Whether the
epicureans deserve the designation, i could not care less, thanks ill do that, because
lets face it, remonstrating here with you is just so much fun. . .

rc

Moves
19 Sep 11
1 edit

You are correct, if those people in Sydney followed the teachings of Jesus we would not have those scenes in Sydney. But then what Christian actually follows the teachings of Jesus? We only have to observe the behaviour of Christians on these forums to to see that most are CiNO's. As Ghandi observed -

[quote]I like your Christ, i do not like your Chri ...[text shortened]... the text is there for all to see. You said Biblical principles, it's there in black and white.
You are correct, if those people in Sydney followed the teachings of Jesus we would no
t have those scenes in Sydney

praise da lord! where is RJH, he has to hear it, out of the mouth of babes and all that
stuff. . . 🙂

what behaviour? Christians are not perfect, nor is perfection a requirement. Some
have a siege mentality, others are just plain rude. They are simply at different stages
of their metamorphosis ( am i allowed to use the term without BBarr objecting to it on
the basis that i haven't studied some school of Greek philosophical thought)

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
20 Sep 11

Originally posted by Dasa
Its Saturday and Friday night in Australia somewhere and the police are receiving hundreds of calls to 000.

* pub fight and someone is glassed in the face. (2 arrested)
* person assaulted by gang and stabbed.
* girl accosted and attempted rape.
* rival gangs clash in a public street (8 arrested)
* 2 under-age female drinkers picked up by police for indec ...[text shortened]... eel that they are just working to cater to the intoxicated and drug crazed youth of Australia.
hehehe. hohoho. hehehe.

dasa let loose another stink bomb. the room hasn't cleared, people must like the smell.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Sep 11

Originally posted by Dasa
There is offensive atheism and non-offensive atheism.

Which one do you embrace.

I had a post recently about this.
Obviously, it is offensive atheism.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Sep 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
hehehe. hohoho. hehehe.

dasa let loose another stink bomb. the room hasn't cleared, people must like the smell.
See Dasa, the atheists love this stuff. The more the better for them to make
themselves feel better about themselves. Make them happy, give them what
they want = the gory details.