The Pope is a fraud

The Pope is a fraud

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
09 Jun 09

Yeah, I mean, Jesus left no instructions to have a worldly representative who, unlike him, screws and makes mistakes and dies and doesn't resurrect.

I mean, WTF, dude?!

Hy-Brasil

Moves
09 Jun 09

Originally posted by Seitse
Yeah, I mean, Jesus left no instructions to have a worldly representative who, unlike him, screws and makes mistakes and dies and doesn't resurrect.

I mean, WTF, dude?!
No argument there

Illinois

Moves
09 Jun 09

I mean, WTF, dude?!
There's a fancy term Catholics have, "ex cathedra," which roughly translates, "Do as the Pope say, not as the Pope do."

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
09 Jun 09

He sure is.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
09 Jun 09

Originally posted by utherpendragon
No argument there
I know, dude, there's no argument to back the guy's fraudulent role as "representative of Christ".

Jesus should kick 'em with a c-c-c-c-combo breakin' lawsuit.

Cape Town

Moves
09 Jun 09

I mean, WTF, dude?!
Sounds like a strawman argument to me. Can you show that the pope claims to be Jesus' worldly representative?

How is making mistakes, dying and not resurrecting relevant in any way?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jun 09

I mean, WTF, dude?!
Actually, every bishop is vicar of Christ in his own church. And each priest, when he presides over the celebration of the Eucharist, also acts as Christ's vicar, or in persona Christi.

e4

Moves
10 Jun 09

What I want to know is this.

We have had two Popes called John Paul.

What about a George Ringo?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Jun 09

Originally posted by Conrau K
Actually, every bishop is vicar of Christ in his own church. And each priest, when he presides over the celebration of the Eucharist, also acts as Christ's vicar, or in persona Christi.
A vicar of Christ?
They must have had 2 employers then.
Who told them to molest little boys?
Sure as hell it aint Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
A vicar of Christ?
They must have had 2 employers then.
Who told them to molest little boys?
Sure as hell it aint Christ.
No one is perfect and no priest claims to be perfect. It is a Catholic doctrine, see Original Sin, that every human is fallen and can only do good with God's grace.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Jun 09

No one is perfect and no priest claims to be perfect. It is a Catholic doctrine, see Original Sin, that every human is fallen and can only do good with God's grace.
If you were not so well-trained to regurgitate the rubbish they feed you, you will have realised that by that comment, clearly God's grace must have already left the Catholics.

Cape Town

Moves
10 Jun 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
If you were not so well-trained to regurgitate the rubbish they feed you, you will have realised that by that comment, clearly God's grace must have already left the Catholics.
Do you have evidence that all catholics are incapable of doing good? Do you even have any evidence that catholics are on average less good than anyone else? In Zambia, the Catholic Church is by far the most giving denomination (I must admit that they are also the largest and probably richest).
Or did you think he said that with Gods grace a catholic will do no wrong?

Cape Town

Moves
10 Jun 09

That must lead to a lack of self esteem. Do you honestly believe that every time you do good, it was because God helped you to?

m

Moves
10 Jun 09

God's Grace? Who is she?

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
10 Jun 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
Sounds like a strawman argument to me. Can you show that the pope claims to be Jesus' worldly representative?

How is making mistakes, dying and not resurrecting relevant in any way?
"Vicar of Christ" has been used to refer to the Pope ever since some crazy Pope in the year 490-something. Nowadays you can find such claim in the catechism of the catholic church.

"Vicar" is defined as "representative".

So, Jesus left no representative and, moreover, he needs no representative, particularly not a human and, even more, not a human who heads a political & business machine focused on many things but Jesus' legacy and teachings.