The Myth: Once saved always saved!

The Myth: Once saved always saved!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Oct 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
So why was that so hard to say? Why did it take three pages of posts to drag that out of you kicking and screaming?
So when you said "there is nothing you can do to achieve salvation" what you meant was "there are no good works you can do to achieve salvation, but having faith will allow you to achieve salvation".
Thats all I wanted cleared up, because ...[text shortened]... ? Life experience, logical deduction, choice?
And what happens to those that do not have faith?
Look mr argumentative, my response did not take 3 pages it came directly after your answer to me. As for the rest of your next level pedantry of twists and turns, you can sit and wait.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Oct 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
his assertions are inaccurate, the sheep and goats are judged on the basis of whether they demonstrate hospitality to Christs brothers, but then again, accuracy of belief for nominal Christians is not really a priority.
Give it a rest robbie, you haven't even got the balls to address me directly let alone pass judgement on me. Your silly replying to me via replying to someone else has got to be the most pathetic behaviour I've seen on this site.

Cape Town

Moves
29 Oct 13

Originally posted by divegeester
Look mr argumentative, my response did not take 3 pages it came directly after your answer to me.
Which was 3 pages after I asked for it. Were you holding it hostage?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Oct 13

Which was 3 pages after I asked for it. Were you holding it hostage?
No it wasn't, it was after you decided to finally respond to me with your sheep and goats stuff.

I'd rather bang heads with the JWs than exchange dry worthless pedantries with you twhitehead. You bring nothing of value in these exchanges except stirring a mild curiosity in me of your background with Christianity.

Cape Town

Moves
29 Oct 13

No it wasn't, it was after you decided to finally respond to me with your sheep and goats stuff.
Which was 3 pages after I asked for it. Am I not speaking English? I really don't get what I am saying wrong here.

I'd rather bang heads with the JWs than exchange dry worthless pedantries with you twhitehead. You bring nothing of value in these exchanges except stirring a mild curiosity in me of your background with Christianity.
Not a problem. Although I really can't think what you get out of those JWs, they stick to the party line so well you will know it by heart after a thread or two.
What do you bring of value? Value to whom?

rc

Moves
29 Oct 13

Which was 3 pages after I asked for it. Am I not speaking English? I really don't get what I am saying wrong here.

[b]I'd rather bang heads with the JWs than exchange dry worthless pedantries with you twhitehead. You bring nothing of value in these exchanges except stirring a mild curiosity in me of your background with Christianity.

Not a problem ...[text shortened]... ell you will know it by heart after a thread or two.
What do you bring of value? Value to whom?[/b]

An excellent question!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Oct 13

[b]I'd rather bang heads with the JWs than exchange dry worthless pedantries with you twhitehead. You bring nothing of value in these exchanges except stirring a mild curiosity in me of your background with Christianity.

Not a problem ...[text shortened]... ell you will know it by heart after a thread or two.
The JWs are seekers, they have skin in the game and they have chosen to play with their cards up. I admire their courage in the face challenge and am fascinated by their captivity to their cult. They and their brand of theism is infinitely more interesting than navigating the boring tripwires of your exchanges. Just my experience and opinion of course.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Oct 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

An excellent question!
Would you like to discuss something robbie or are you going to kiss twhitehead's ass all night?

P

Moves
30 Oct 13

Originally posted by RBHILL
But how could you truly lose something that God freely gives?
That is easy. Look at Lucifer.

P

Moves
30 Oct 13

What do we have of value? And value to whom?

What we have of value is our Love, and our Love to God.

Christains, J.W. and everyone else on earth. The Father's Children. All of us! The Father wants us to Love Him. "Jesus state, love God..., love God..., love God... : The Father loves! He doesn't want you who can quote the scripture till hell freezes over. He doesn't want all you who say with your mouths, I know Jesus - He is my savior. The Father wants your hearts.

Scripture states, "a jew is not one who is physically a jew. A true jew is one who's HEART is Circumsized."

P

Moves
30 Oct 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
That was not the original idea of the saying. However, you are right, that some people interpret it as you did. If Jesus saves a person, do you really think that person could be unsaved?

The Instructor
Become unsaved. Yes, definitely! By your unrepented sins. What does sin do between you and God? If you live in sin then God is not the center of your life. But if you sin, then repent. God forgives!

If sin was not an issue, why then does Jesus tell us so many parables on that subject?

P

Moves
30 Oct 13

Originally posted by RBHILL
No because Jesus does the saving, we don't. And someone who is saved isn't going to go out and deliberately said. It would be because they are being oppressed and dwelling on sinful thoughts from the enemies of God. If you could lose your salvation why get saved?
You have forgotten our Free Will. Being saved is like opening a door, We still have to walk though it. And you cannot walk though it by sitting on a couch saying, i am saved. That would be like the man who put his 'talents' in the ground. The 'talents' need to bare fruit.

P

Moves
30 Oct 13

Originally posted by JS357
Oh would you get over your differences and get on with the business of saving sorry-ass souls?
i am, yours included.

P

Moves
30 Oct 13

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Not this debate again. Expect 300 more posts of distinction-without-a-difference. Why? Because the OSAS crowd will always say 'a Christian who acts too evilly was never really saved in the first place', rendering the whole discussion moot.
Judas. He was saved.

It is written, 'Jesus sent them out two by two'. When Jesus did this, He sent them to heal, cast out demons, anything that needed to be done.

Jesus Himself stated, 'a house set against itself can not stand'.

These two statements will prove that Judas was indeed saved. But he threw that salvation away and betrayed Jesus.

P

Moves
30 Oct 13

As ridiculous as it may seem to you, there is nothing you can do to achieve salvation as it is a gift of god that no one may boast. Your inability (or mine) to comprehend this does nothing to nullify god's grace. The alternative view is that we get our salvation for DOING something, lose it for DOING something and then errr...what, we get it again for DO ...[text shortened]... d back into hell. Yeah, tough love but gods like that - he hates sinners."

Ridiculous indeed.
Moses disobeyed God and struck the rock twice.

You do not realize the magnitude of his error. By striking the rock twice, it was as saying i am better than you, God. The same pride that drove Lucifer from heaven.