The Marks of Indoctrination

The Marks of Indoctrination

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Sep 10

Originally posted by whodey
My point here is that you are sizing up the individual that is telling you something. Do you trust them? Do they have a good track record of being reliatble etc. So yes, it is evidence just as testimony would be in a court of law.
And if you question or critically examine what that person said, it's not indcotrination.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
22 Sep 10

So how has abiogenesis undergone the scientific method? How have you questioned it using your critical thinking skills? In fact, sense you don't believe in God, you are required to believe this theory. In short, you have no choice.
Not so. I don't believe in god, and I don't feel obliged to believe in abiogenesis either. I do think an abiogenetic origin seems the more likely of the two given that one requires the existence of the infinite and one is just extraordinarily unlikely, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if neither were true.

w

Moves
23 Sep 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Not so. I don't believe in god, and I don't feel obliged to believe in abiogenesis either. I do think an abiogenetic origin seems the more likely of the two given that one requires the existence of the infinite and one is just extraordinarily unlikely, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if neither were true.
What is the third alternative?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
23 Sep 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Ullr and Proper Knob are more open-minded and realistic than Freaky and whodey.
Freaky and whodey sound like they're indoctrinated and trying to explain , using whatever straws they can clutch at, to prove they aren't.

Lets face it, you dont hear many christians using "Jesus" and "open-minded" in the same sentence. Even though, if you think about it, to love your own enemies you would certainly have to be genuinley open-minded, no?
Blow it out your donkey.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
23 Sep 10

IF I create my own truth, truth is empty. 😉
You do create your own trouth anyway, anywhere, anyhow -and your truth is empty. Furthermore, you have the delusion that your truth is the Absolute Truth whilst the truth of the other individuals is not truth at all -and your so called Absolute Truth lacks of inherent being too.
Your attitude regardning this matter is caused by your idoctrinated religious blind beliefs alone, which in your opinion are justified although they are not tenable. But methinks we both can live with that😵

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Sep 10

Explain love scientifically. Sure you can clumsly say it is a set of complex reactions in the brain, but so what? How is that relavent to me? In fact, how is science relative to me? Sure, science may find ways to make us live a little longer or better etc, but the bottom line is that it is for the most part like playing trivial pursuit. What really matte ...[text shortened]... studying science but live an unfulfilled and relatively empty life without loving relationships.
I'll get back to this soon. Busy couple of days.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Sep 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Blow it out your donkey.
This has had be laughing all morning.

I'm pinching this.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
23 Sep 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
This has had be laughing all morning.

I'm pinching this.
Just make sure you give credit where credit is due.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Sep 10

What is the third alternative?
Why must there be a third alternative? Can't you just accept that you don't know?

T

Moves
24 Sep 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
[b]What else ya got Taoman?
Been away unexpected a few days...the main thing that has come up for me, is the endless pursuit of what is finally "true", ..evolution, ...theism, etc. What is "true" arises in many and infinitely varied human, and no doubt other sentient's minds. These questions are never finally resolved really and the human quest for more truth (as distinct from the less furry "factual" stuff), leaves me thinking that like all else it has to do with the deepest and most difficult to verbally describe or grasp concept of Emptiness, "Sunyata" or Void.
In the religio-philosphical traditions I mentioned and that I find challenging , this is a substantial core theme.
Some leading quantum physicists, cold hard factual reductionists, found themselves agreeing with these ancient paths and discoveries of the nature of reality, in the face of the "wierd" results of modern quantum research. And in most other traditions, theist or otherwise, nearly everyone of them have a mystic section that in terms of their own culture they relate something very similar to this undefinable unitary foundation of All.
"God" is but one our labels for that which is beyond the conceptual limits of our language and thinking.

Words and language by their very nature differentiate and because of that we lose the grip as soon as we state our first syllable. And yet it does not mean one follows a mute nihilism that achieves nothing.
It does sound like gobbledegook after a while, but the assent of too many very intelligent and insightful persons belie the fact to me, like those physicists, that this aspect of spirituality has serious validity for serious exploration, a prime validity to me.

I guess Karoly, I have got nothing much more to offer at the moment. Except this damn emptiness. Can't get it out of my head. Or something.

Cheers.
😕

w

Moves
24 Sep 10

Originally posted by black beetle
You do create your own trouth anyway, anywhere, anyhow -and your truth is empty. Furthermore, you have the delusion that your truth is the Absolute Truth whilst the truth of the other individuals is not truth at all -and your so called Absolute Truth lacks of inherent being too.
Your attitude regardning this matter is caused by your idoctrinated religi ...[text shortened]... r opinion are justified although they are not tenable. But methinks we both can live with that😵
I never said I was a source of truth, rather, my only claim is that truth is out there. Without a doubt, this is true. The only question is, do you know the truth?

w

Moves
24 Sep 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Why must there be a third alternative? Can't you just accept that you don't know?
Your options are that life created itself seperate from intelligent thought or intelligent thought created us. I will ask again, what could be a third scenerio?

w

Moves
24 Sep 10

Originally posted by Taoman
It does sound like gobbledegook after a while, but the assent of too many very intelligent and insightful persons belie the fact to me, like those physicists, that this aspect of spirituality has serious validity for serious exploration, a prime validity to me.

I guess Karoly, I have got nothing much more to offer at the moment. Except this damn emptiness. Can't get it out of my head. Or something.

Cheers.
😕[/b]
Perhaps the reason it all sounds like gobledegook is that it is!!

When you get tired of the gobledegook and the trivia perhaps try giving a shot at a meaningful relationship with your Creator.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Sep 10

Originally posted by Taoman
Been away unexpected a few days...the main thing that has come up for me, is the endless pursuit of what is finally "true", ..evolution, ...theism, etc. What is "true" arises in many and infinitely varied human, and no doubt other sentient's minds. These questions are never finally resolved really and the human quest for more truth (as distinct from the less ...[text shortened]... pt this damn emptiness. Can't get it out of my head. Or something.

Cheers.
😕
If you continue to hold onto arbitrary conceptions as to your own selfhood, your conceptions will cling onto something that is non-existent. This is the case with all arbitrary conceptions of other selves, living beings and, of course, with the arbitrary conception of the so called universal self. These are all expressions of things that they do not exist. So discard all the arbitrary conceptions of form and phenomena, do transcend all perceptions and do penetrate the illusion of all forms;

So you cannot get shunyata out of your mind because you keep up cherishing the arbitrary notions of your own selfhood and thus you are holding onto something that is not inherently existent. Your arbitrary conception of forms and phenomena keeps you hooked on your perceptions, and when shunyata becomes your perception you end up hooked on shunyata. And, hooked on shunyata, you suffer of a moving mind oh the horror😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Sep 10

I never said I was a source of truth, rather, my only claim is that truth is out there. Without a doubt, this is true. The only question is, do you know the truth?
I Am The Truth; and, since you are the sole source of your truth, You Are The Truth😵