1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '12 00:41
    Originally posted by chappy1
    You call what Jesus Christ did a failure? Wow really? I think you ought to read it again.
    I agree. It is a failure. 40 000+ denominations ,some of who still actively support war , creating an "us vs them" mentality, churches that have all the premium real estate around the world but do nothing with them except pay lip-service to unverifiable god, ... do you want me to keep going, because I could.

I know christianity has done some good , but then so did whoever invented tennis, etc.
    It hasn't nearly done the good that is remotely enough to understand even the most simplest ideas about the universe because you take your instruction primarily from a dead book.
    Christianity has a long way to go to satisfy me
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    05 May '12 04:25
    You call what Jesus Christ did a failure? Wow really? I think you ought to read it again.
    complete failure. he failed to fulfill even a single messianic prophecy and his religion sputtered and died a few decades after his death.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    05 May '12 04:271 edit
    How do you know? You weren't there. I'm thinking when he was buried he wasn't nude! So there are burial clothes.
    there were burial bandages and a face cloth according to the bible. they rotted away a long time ago, nobody has them. the remains of those bandages are probably with his own remains, in some unmarked tomb somewhere.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '12 11:56
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    there were burial bandages and a face cloth according to the bible. they rotted away a long time ago, nobody has them. the remains of those bandages are probably with his own remains, in some unmarked tomb somewhere.
    All you have is speculation. We have eyewitnesses accounts of the crucifixion, death, entombment, and resurrection of Christ. The empty tomb is still availabe to visit in Jerusalem. Christ's burial cloth and face cloth have been preserved by the Christian Church.

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube&feature=relmfu
  5. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 May '12 14:26
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I agree. It is a failure. 40 000+ denominations ,some of who still actively support war , creating an "us vs them" mentality, churches that have all the premium real estate around the world but do nothing with them except pay lip-service to unverifiable god, ... do you want me to keep going, because I could.

I know christianity has done some good , ...[text shortened]... your instruction primarily from a dead book.
    Christianity has a long way to go to satisfy me
    I said what Jesus Christ did NOT what people have done in the name of Jesus Christ. 40000 denominations wasn't what He had in mind you're right about that. He wanted ONE church United in Christ. You're also right about a lot of Christians simply paying lip service and not really doing anything but I'm talking about what Jesus himself did. I'm not talking about what people did in his name. People have twisted the message but if you look at what He did and what He said and UNDERSTAND then what He did is most definitely NOT A FAILURE rather it's the most glorious victory in the history of the universe.
  6. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 May '12 14:27
    complete failure. he failed to fulfill even a single messianic prophecy and his religion sputtered and died a few decades after his death.
    The religion He started is Christianity and I'd say it's still around.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '12 15:14
    Whatever helps you sleep at night, man.

He fulfilled all the messianic prophecies of Isaiah and Daniel, and that's just the beginning. His religion is still growing despite the huge trend towards atheism in today's youth.

Hoping to create a truth from repeated lies? It ain't happening, despite how badly you wish it to be so.
  8. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 May '12 17:00
    He fulfilled EVERY messianic prophecy! EVERY ONE! That's how we know Jesus is the messiah! An entire faith is built on this. Over 2 billion people worldwide profess to believe in it. People have studied the prophecies and the fact that they have been fulfilled by Jesus for 2000 years. What book are you reading'?!
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    05 May '12 18:24
    He fulfilled EVERY messianic prophecy! EVERY ONE! That's how we know Jesus is the messiah! An entire faith is built on this. Over 2 billion people worldwide profess to believe in it. People have studied the prophecies and the fact that they have been fulfilled by Jesus for 2000 years. What book are you reading'?!
    sorry. you can't name a single messianic prophecy that jesus fulfilled, because he didn't fulfill a single one.
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    05 May '12 18:25
    The religion He started is Christianity and I'd say it's still around.
    nope. the religion of jesus was exterminated a few decades after his death.
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    05 May '12 18:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    All you have is speculation. We have eyewitnesses accounts of the crucifixion, death, entombment, and resurrection of Christ. The empty tomb is still availabe to visit in Jerusalem. Christ's burial cloth and face cloth have been preserved by the Christian Church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBphGRGxUHc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXXUeLETRgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv0l0jhnRL4&feature=relmfu
    none of that can be proven. all you have are hearsay and no burial clothes.
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    05 May '12 18:272 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Whatever helps you sleep at night, man.

He fulfilled all the messianic prophecies of Isaiah and Daniel, and that's just the beginning. His religion is still growing despite the huge trend towards atheism in today's youth.

Hoping to create a truth from repeated lies? It ain't happening, despite how badly you wish it to be so.
    he didn't fulfill a single solitary messianic prophecy and his religion is long dead. the various (10,000+) modern day christian religions are pagan roman religions
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 May '12 18:40
    You are Christian because you believe he fulfilled the prophesies? I don't believe you. I don't think anyone else is Christian for that reason either. I think Christians become Christian first, then use the supposed fulfilment of prophesy to try and justify it to themselves.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 May '12 18:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We have eyewitnesses accounts of the crucifixion, death, entombment, and resurrection of Christ.
    What does 'eyewitness account' mean to you? Do you have a written statement by an eye witness? If so, why hasn't anyone else heard of it? Why are you hiding it from the world?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '12 18:50
    Actually the Messianic prophecies are to be fulfilled in two comings of the Messiah. At His first coming, He fulfilled all the prophecies of the suffering servant Messiah and at His second coming, at the end of the age, He will fulfill the remaining Messianic prophecies of the conquering King Messiah. Some Jewish scholars believe the Old Testament scriptures present two Messiahs.

http://jewsforjesus.org/publications/issues/15_5/returningking

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree