The Lord My God

The Lord My God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
28 May 06

The Lord My God

Study closely the biblical phrase, "The Lord your God." Throughout the thousands of years of Scripture, it doesn't change. God is the Lord, our God. That is, He is the supreme authority-the Lord. But even though He is the God of all humanity, their Creator, He's not their Lord until they yield to His Lordship. But the phrase suddenly changes when Thomas sees the risen Savior. He cries "My Lord and My God." The transformation comes when blind, willful unbelief yields to saving faith in Jesus. The world acknowledges that God is their Creator, but to be saved, they must yield to Him as Lord, and the way to have them do that is to introduce their blind and unbelieving hearts to the risen Savior. There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
28 May 06

Originally posted by RBHILL
The Lord My God

Study closely the biblical phrase, "The Lord your God." Throughout the thousands of years of Scripture, it doesn't change. God is the Lord, our God. That is, He is the supreme authority-the Lord. But even though He is the God of all humanity, their Creator, He's not their Lord until they yield to His Lordship. But the phrase suddenly change ...[text shortened]... r. There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
Do you find anything admirable or inspiring in Thomas' "unbelief"?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
28 May 06

And?

N

The sky

Moves
28 May 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
And?
There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith whale, you still have time.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
28 May 06

The Lord My God

Study closely the biblical phrase, "The Lord your God." Throughout the thousands of years of Scripture, it doesn't change. God is the Lord, our God. That is, He is the supreme authority-the Lord. But even though He is the God of all humanity, their Creator, He's not their Lord until they yield to His Lordship. But the phrase suddenly change ...[text shortened]... r. There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
It's like living through a bad bloody trip....

PP

Belfast

Moves
28 May 06

The Lord My God

Are you sure it isn't just because he is talking in the first person?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
29 May 06
1 edit

Originally posted by kirksey957
Do you find anything admirable or inspiring in Thomas' "unbelief"?
Well, when I had gone the the Billy Graham Crusaide and he preached on a personal relationship with Christ. I had felt something sturing in my heart. Then he had us say the sinners pray and at that time I thought I was a good person. But then I did my own resaerch on God and asked hime to come into my heart and should me he was real by healing me of my germ phobia and Praise God he did.

So in saying that at that time I was like Tom.
But now I can relate to Paul a lot.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
29 May 06

Well, when I had gone the the Billy Graham Crusaide and he preached on a personal relationship with Christ. I had felt something sturing in my heart. Then he had us say the sinners pray and at that time I thought I was a good person. But then I did my own resaerch on God and asked hime to come into my heart and should me he was real by healing me of my germ p ...[text shortened]... d he did.

So in saying that at that time I was like Tom.
But now I can relate to Paul a lot.
It's like it's the perfect defense against parody.